1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple suggestion to PA and KAKAO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NVG, May 16, 2018.

?

Should these core class changes be released as an expansion?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. NVG

NVG

PA and KAKAO, I understand that you want to improve the game, but what you are doing right now is like replacing the wheels of a car with a different sized wheel and changing one wheel per week.
    This causes the ride through the game to be very discomforting and it caused many players to lose their patience and leave, because your 30 days trial will end soon and you made the game unplayable for 30 days.
    That is 5% of BDO's lifespan = game in unplayable state

I have one simple suggestion for your director who seemed to have never played any MMOs in his entire life and graduated the wrong school of business.
    I know this sounds insulting, but just read it: release core class mechanic changes as expansions, along with new content or name it differently ... "periodical game improvement". Release these changes only after they are all connected and make sense. Do these critical releases only once every 5-6 months and let us enjoy the content between these core updates.
    Right now, you are making us play a BETA version of the game AGAIN!

This way, we can have ALL the changes implemented at once and we can also see a complete list of what changed about each class, instead of having to go through basically 5-10 different posts of Patch Notes. We can also invest into various builds that will work for at least several months, guaranteed. Very important, these changes will connect and make sense in the big picture.

To avoid any problems with unbalancing and still receive player feedback, you can make polls or open test servers for players to test out the upcoming changes and give you their feedback. Your company has only 300 people, but we are 20,000+ and we pay for the game. We can tell you better what is good or bad.
    I know the story of "The 300", but if you wanna slaughter us, well, you already did it ...

2. xLightning

PA doesnt give a f*ck. Jump ship before its too late

3. Atron

What is basically thats gona happen in stages.

1. PA slowly but steadily balancing game.

2. People screaming on forums like mad, PEN rouletting and quitting game.

3. A month go by and remaining player base realises that changes were actually good and there is some how balanced restored first time in 2 years.

4. New expansion is released and even Node wars / Castle siege scene is fixed.

5. People that left are slowly coming back to their broken / deleted gear and trolling on forums out of frustration and regret.

BDO will survive, those planned and up-coming changes are awesome just implementation sucks really hard.

GionniCammello likes this.
  4. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

Could you please tell me exactly how these changes benefit us as of right now in specific detail to each change? Otherwise the way 90% of the players see it is them making changes that we didn't specifically ask for.

5. GionniCammello

BDO is becoming better! The game was broken before this patches.
    I cannot understand why all this anger around...

6. GionniCammello

Are you a game designer? Do you think devs make changed based on what ppl ask? Fortunately not. Everyone must do his job.

7. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

Explain how these patches made the game better.

8. GionniCammello

No more 1 army man that can go full ap and survive rushing an entire group only rotating SA and FG.

No more cc festa and resistanCes will finally work.

Fix for the most annoying classed of the game that was broken. Valk war wiz witch and mystic

RysingCrow likes this.
  9. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

No one was a one man army. If you locked a player down no matter what build DP or AP they would die. All it took was knowing their class or having a friend who has a grapple hold them down for you. SA and FG actually made it so there was a interaction between classes when fighting a SA/Block heavy class

The CC fiesta was because the game revolved around combos. How are you supposed to deal damage and kill your opponent if they are forever moving around and hitting you in the face too? Resistances will always be at a 40%-30% chance with resistance having a cap of 60% meaning if you used 2 BMC precision Crystals it would bump it to 40% chance then when using a Kutum Boss offhand weapon you lower it by another 10%. After that you can slot a specific gem to decrease resistance in your offhand which is like 5% afaik. So... You want the fight to revolve around RNG?

While I can agree it was annoying to fight those classes but they didn't intelligently nerf them. Maybe they have some miraculous patch to make them not garbage but not OP. In fact wizard getting S block only made grapples more efficient for them.

EDIT: I do enjoy you sharing your opinion in a real manner. Most people go "u dum" instead of voicing their actual opinion in fear of it being challenged.

10. Kalade

I agree. The way that they're implementing the balance changes one patch at a time without considering much feedback or really communicating said changes beforehand is really terrible. The actual approach, however, isn't bad, and I think that in a month or two from now, the majority will either accept the new changes as an improvement to the game or admit that they over-reacted with their doomsday preaching.

Atron and Smileybones like this.
  11. Atron

They don't. As it is not nothing that has been done will benefit you after you log in today. That is a fact.

But people are missing the big picture here. PA is thinking few months ahead while changing the game rules.
    As it was atm it was impossible to fix server lag, balance classes and make game more casual friendly so more people would engage in PVP.

Wait it out / life skill or just grind till all parts are rolled out (including CC patch) all i can suggest atm.

12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Fck off to WOW and other NA "Expansion sht" .Korean games was and allays will be expansion free.

13. GionniCammello

I agree that the game is currently not playable. They made the mistake of adding only part of the patch. But I am confident, based on what they have written in their intentions, that the game will only improve.
    I say this very sincerely, the game was broken first.
    I expect more team play now and more differentiation of builds. In order to survive in melee it will not be possible to go into full AP. I'd like to see a full DP party go into melee in Nodewar while the backlines full AP and squishy face make damage and be aware that the opposing flanker group can go to oneshotting them.

I also wanted to thank you in turn for not turning this discussion into flame :)

14. Sairek Ceareste

Sairek Ceareste Ceareste Wizard 59

For me personally, I'll wait until the whole complete picture is revealed before I start criticizing the art.

No picture has the chance to even look good when it's still in sketch form and is barely drawn yet. Suggestions can help during the process of course, but to judge it as a complete thing when it's clearly not finished yet is in my opinion is a mistake.

All that said, I agree that it would possibly have been better for the picture to be drawn completely first, and then given to us as a whole. That would make the whole thing a lot easier to give feedback with instead of seeing a bit of it at a time and having to piece the fragments together ourselves to get the full picture and give feedback on each individual piece rather than the whole thing. At the same time, I know plenty of people would complain that the developers "aren't listening" or "doing anything" during that time. It's impossible to please everyone.

GionniCammello likes this.