1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Since game Devs promote 'Bots' is there reason to manually fish?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Celthon, Jun 26, 2019.

1. kakodaimonos

Well you can if you invest time.
    That's what he didn't get. OP doesn't have much time.

2. Törni

Join a seamonster hunting guild, you can get this amount easily from payout, if you are only being able to play a couple of hours a week.

The entry requirement is only a sailboat, with at least +6/7 gear.

3. ghoulz666

Last time I tried that, they were all like sweatshops. Got kicked the 2nd day upon waking up and never had a chance to do anything.

4. Xeniph

Active hot spot fishing is about 100m silver every 4 hours coupled with Artisan trading.
    That's if you can stomach it for that long.

5. ghoulz666

Thought that was barely any better than the imperial fisher.

6. Xeniph

Imperial fish trade in is way worse.

7. Doom Smack

You know what would be nice though - being able to logout/turn off whilst running a long afk activity. But yeah...

Other than that I do like the afk aspects to this game. Making some progress whilst on downtime. Actively playing is way better though in terms of rewards.

I do need take a few weeks or even months now and then to just run the game afk and basic minimal things when need a break, if I went hard out for months on end Id burn out pretty quick. Real life always a factor too.

8. Lillekolibri

I do it with teamviewer in my livingroom while watching tv shows or movies. Can you do that and make money?

9. Törni

Than try to find a non-retarded one :D

10. Bubblepuff

Bubblepuff Bubblepuff Shai 64 EU

It depends on how you define a single task. Afk fishing is a single task by the game's standards, since it only requires a single input. It actually requires a second input to stop it. It's only because you have the option to fish one fish at a time that you think of it as separate tasks.

11. Rayin

So Discord Bot's are not Bots because they don't play videogames in your place?

Son, you're calling a Pizza a "Tomato pie", Pasta "A really long kind of rice" and a Polar Bear "An albino grizzly".

12. Doom Smack

Man I really would love to setup a tv/screen or couch near my pc (or vice versa).

You living the dream.

13. Denthors

afk fishing is one of the wrost afk money in the game up to 7 million per hours (with all p2w feature)
    but you need to come back at your toon to empty hes bag of green and blue fishes every hour so its not really afk, you need artisans 2 trading to trade your fish in valencia for max profit. with a full inventory of 192 slots you can do afk fishin for appromaxsivly 3-5 hours, so if you sleep for or work for 8 hours your toon stand there doing nothing for 3-5 hours too.
    you better do afk processing.

if you do the triple floating rod quest , and do active fishing in "hotspot" that require you artisan 1 fishing to see, you can do 30 million per hours. if you have artisans 2 trading and sell your fish in valencia with the trade buff

Imperial fish trader , is the entry lvl of fishing money. its VERY BAD MONEY any othre afk lifeskill yield more money. even horse training

#33 Denthors, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  14. kakodaimonos

No active fishing requires a minigame for every fish you catch. Which is avoided by going afk. So the task of repeatedly pressing a combination of keys is taken away from you and being automated (even if not shown on your screen).
    That's why this has the functionality of a bot. You start it and it does everything for you. Just a lot slower than doing it manually.

15. Bubblepuff

No it does not do the minigame for you. When you afk fish, there is no minigame by design, so you can view it as a different task.

16. kakodaimonos

If the bot does the manual actions for you there is also no minigame you have to play.
    You don't even know what is happening in the background while afk fishing. It could very well still do the minigame but its just hidden in the UI.

You see it as 2 complete different mechanics but it actually is not. It's just triggering the autofish function if you don't make an input yourself after a while. You could configure a bot the same way.

17. Bubblepuff

The point is that it is that way by design. Would you consider crouching a form of botting? You press one button and it keeps doing it until you tell it to stop. In some games it only crouches as long as you hold down the button. So you could make the argument that this game is automatically holding down the button for you. But that doesn't make sense because the game is this way by design.

A bot has to be an automated process of actions that aren't defined within the scope of the system itself.

18. kakodaimonos

I already brought up an example. There was a game in which you could put up a window and define your route of grinding, setting up your potions and let it run endlessly. And you wouldn't call that a bot just because it's a built in feature?

Fine then what about horse training? Something you would do with plenty of input keys when you did it manually? Not a bot because you can setup a path it's running and only press a button ingame which you would the same way with a bot just outside the game?

Or afk grind? Something you have to use combos for, running from mob to mob to gain experience and stuff? Just because it sets you in 1 place and is slowly raising your exp bar it's not the same thing a bot would do but in the open fields?

So basically if a developer is building a feature that does everything in the game for you automatically it's not a built in bot but a game mechanic.

If that is your point then there is really no reason to discuss this with you.

19. Bubblepuff

Exactly. Take mineral gathering in starcraft. Your workers keep doing it until you tell them to stop. I understand that it is similar in function to a bot, but to call that botting in that context is meaningless.

20. kakodaimonos

I didn't say you are botting I said it has the same functionalities as a bot...