1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since seamonster hunting got nerfed how do new players catch up to people like this now?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlwaysSaltyAF, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Allan1985

as i said before, cowards not willing to risk anything to gear up should pay more for already enhanced items, if it was on me all boss gear sold on market would be +0, easy 100% safe enhancements would kill this game.

2. Allan1985

so you wanna take as a reference the lowest geared player? or a casual player? or a stupid player who doesnt know how to make money ingame? ingame and in life the point of reference are always the ones that have achieved the most.

3. firsthokage

Hey was wondering when you are going to address the actual major issues in the game? For example people using cheats to sea monster hunt? With your current patch all you have done is **** over the guilds who are doing it legitmently and encouraging people to start hacking so they don't have to be out at sea for hours a day. The lazy fix you have implement wont fix the market at all because it has done nothing to prevent or remove cheater from the game

4. Nibblesdragon

We got a live one here.

Broseph, a huge part of enhancing is buying base level accessories. If you try to farm them all yourself, you'll die of old age before you get what you want.

5. Mimimimi

it was hard to buy enhanced gear on the market and it still is. i haven't found much of a difference in tet pieces going on the mp honestly. i think you are randomly turning the tables here. what would the rich seamonster hunter buy with all his silver, enhanced items or enhancing materials? the former obviously, if possible, because it is much more silver efficient.
    now that seamonster hunting is nerfed, i hope that a bit more enhancement materials will be available on the market again, to reduce the mindnumbing grind a little. i don't know about you brave adventurer, but i rather spend my active time with fun gameplay instead of grinding marathons for silver :) if you are scared of playing you should probably quit, what a stupid argument xD

6. Prochilles

? Insults and vague comments. This is our first conv and Im going to go ahead and end it forever right here.

Ventesa and Mimimimi like this.
  7. Mimimimi

8. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Could kakao stop removing guild content ?
    They literally killed whole expansion, now it only has 1 function trading since gathering is dead (you can't relog for oxygen anymore) and hunting (cannons dmg nerfed hard, why ? :/)

9. Allan1985

"enhanced items or enhancing materials?"

well i am not a full time enhancer, but even i have noticed the black weapon stones i use for failstacking going from 220k to 170k, the hard stones dont move from the forever 1.600.000 silver and the sharp stones have always been expensive since there is high demand for them, so i am not sure what "increased prices and inflation" or "lack of enhancing materials" SMH haters are talking about, specially considering many of those "rich people" spend most of that money in crone stones....you guys complain but havent even stop to think about it, you all just follow the trend like sheeps.

"if you are scared of playing you should probably quit, what a stupid argument"

can you plase quote the exact phrase in wich i say such a thing??? or are you just making up arguments cause you have none? or are you suggesting people should quit before learning how to enhance properly or how to get your own materials? you wanna blame other because your lazy ass doesnt let you farm the enhancing stones you need, as i said before, people just want the easy non expensive way, wich doesnt exist.

"i rather spend my active time with fun gameplay instead of grinding marathons for silver"

then what are you complainig about??? dude get your **** straight

#69 Allan1985, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  10. Allan1985

ofc, thats why you use CRON STONES!! wich consume tons of SILVER, but guess what, you guys just got a very nice silver that you need income for the cron stones nerfed, congratulations you played yourselfs!!!

11. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

nice, linking the most geared person on NA since before sea monster and GK were even a thing.

12. Hemuk

This is pointless cherrypicking, it's like if I showed you Bill Gate's private olympic pool full of diamonds and was like "How will we ever survive in this cruel worrrrrrrldddddd aaaammmmmmggggg"

Gundel's the exception, not the rule, and what he's got is the result of nolifing this game, not exploiting/hacking, nobody is supposed to catch up to him cause he's made damn sure of it with nothing but raw will power.

And he's not Guru20 Alchemy so he can suck my D, that's the path I chose, and now I get to boast, just as he does with GS, that's the point of the sandbox.

13. KikoiK

You're funny. My guild is constantly joined by new players.

But sure, let's keep feeding the theory that the game is dead. lulz, Fail.

14. LightsOut

SMH still makes 3x more silver than what the guy in your screenshot can make per hour doing ANY OTHER ACTIVITY. He just plays 15 hours per day and newbies play 2. It has to be nerfed a lot more to be on par with everything else.

15. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

And you are still on the witch hunt?
    Tell you what, before nerf 3 minutes for a candidum. With traveltime and repairtimes you could probably kill 12 of those, that was good money. Now you need 7-8 minutes for one. Did them yesterday and in 1.5 hours i did 74 million silver... Amazing right.
    Now if you are not a looser in Mathematics and consider that you only would be able to payout 40% of those 74 millions which are further devided between all of your guild members, then Sea monster hunting now is far far far away from being on par with everything else. Its below any other income now. Even regular Hunting makes more money than this now...

HayamaLinnus and Draconnix like this.
  16. Karra Masamune

Nerf to sea hunting was big hit for sure, but it's still one of the best ways of getting silver in the game.

ZvK4YoD.png

Here is average value of Candidum per kill, as of right now, you can do 4-5 Candi kills per hour with travel time from port ratt.
    That is still average of 80-100 mill per hour for investing about a month into ship and cannons. Compared to over soft cap gear that is grinding end game content for 60-70 mill per hour... Pre-nerf you could do what, 10-12? candi kills, maybe even more per hour, so this is 50% - 60% less silver then before.

You could easily pull 3 - 5 bill per week pre-nerf, and now now it will be more like 1 - 2.5 bill per week.

So assuming 30 man guild, each person brings ~ 1 bill a week that is ~11 hours of sea monster hunting per week, for total of ~30 billion guild funds weekly.

Payouts:
    Week 1 ~ 400 mill per person
    Week 2 ~ 630 mill per person
    Week 3 ~ 750 mill per person
    Week 4 ~ 800 mill per person
    Week 10 ~ 870 mill per person

So sadly it's still best silver in game by far after you accumulate funds from 2 or more weeks. It's much less efficient if it is semi active SMH guild compared to before, but committed guilds will still make way too much raw silver...

LightsOut likes this.
  17. Allan1985

do you mind telling me is guru 20 has any adventages over master 1? or is it just for show?

18. Mimimimi

some civil language in here? maybe?

considering you don't have to buy pets for it or have your grindspot contested, 50mil an hour is pretty decent. sure you can only pay out 40% of the funds at once, but that doesn't prevent you from getting your money in successive weeks.

19. LightsOut

Candy takes exactly 4 minutes to kill atm (+8 blue gear). 25% of ship health in repairs takes 13*10 = 130 sec or 2 more min. Finding another candy takes 2 more min. 8 min between kills. 60/8 = 7.5.

1 Candy = 13 mil + 8 mil (8% chance to drop a 100 mil piece) = 21 mil. 7.5 * 21 = 157.5 mil per hour.

The 40% payout argument is ******** since the rest of the 60% stay in the guild bank and get paid out with your next payout so you still get most of them back, even though the guild looses 20% per week. So in reality you get more like 70% of what you make and 0.7*157.5 = 110 mil/h.

20. LightsOut

I think 7-8 Candi kills per hour is more accurate here. At least from my tests, thats how many I managed to do around 7.