1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Member Guilds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MyLovelyStar, May 22, 2019.

1. MyLovelyStar

I'm posting this as someone who has had years of experience in several, large, organized guilds that would like a change of pace.

As the state of the game exists right now, guilds with individual members do not have very many things they can accomplish. I started a guild by myself about a year and a half ago and quickly found that finding new members was difficult. (It was supposed to be a stepping stone guild, to teach new players until they wanted to move on) We couldn't run missions unless 3 or more people were online, and we couldn't pay out silver from missions unless we had 10 or more members, online, simultaneously (I think). I had a few members interested in learning how to sea monster hunt, but unable to pay them, it turned them off pretty quick.

This led to a pretty fast collapse, as the newbies and I weren't progressing as fast as we wanted to. No payouts meant really no initiative for them to start, and new members would quickly join and then leave or go offline for weeks at a time, not allowing us to go on many missions.

--
    I propose that small guilds (1-10) people, should be able to run missions even with a single player online (small and medium missions can be completed solo anyways). The guild can progress and earn skills to attract more/new players interested in learning how it all works out. Payouts can entice players to stay and help the guild grow.

Emylee, Iskandar, Two-Tu and 16 others like this.
  2. Narktember

Narktember Narktember DarkKnight 61 NA

runbat and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. MyLovelyStar

Narktember likes this.
  4. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Honestly I'm with you we shouldn't have restrictions just cause we only want a guild with close friends, we should be able to do payouts and maybe just cap them, so say small can do a Max of 300mil per player.

Mirajane, MyLovelyStar and runbat like this.
  5. runbat

runbat 1

do you think there's even a slight chance this will go through?

I'd love for this to be implemented but chances are it won't. in fact i believe that whoever has to decide those things doesn't care at all

6. DarkGG

Your probably right but even with me quiting bdo i still will fight for great ideas. The guild system in bdo is so broken that it deserves a fight so we make enough noise and maybe just one day PA will finally listen

7. runbat

runbat 1

I wish to be proven wrong. Hit me with it PA. Just do it!

Seriously though, I agree. What we have at the moment needs a massive rework

8. DarkGG

Yes i don't feel like we should be punished if we only want a guild with 5 or 6 people in it. If we want a guild with close friends and we want to do payouts we should have that right even if it's capped. If we want to collect our 5mil a day cause we worked hard on getting it we shouldn't be forced to have 10people logged in. If we want to run guild missions we shouldn't be forced to have 3 people online. The only thing i can see being forced is the node wars as yeah going with 5 or 6 would be just a complete waste. But the current guild system is funny because you are punished if you don't have enough players, but then if you grind or do most the pve content you are punished if your in a group.

chendu and MyLovelyStar like this.
  9. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Why is there even such a limitation in the first place? To prevent lone wolves from making extra money by doing guild quests? Pfff as if this little amount of extra silver means anything these days.

Celthon, Fateneko and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. DarkGG

I think the real reason there are limitations is because PA knows this is a solo online rpg and it figures it can hide that by forceing guilds to have members to do anything.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Ned Sheynji

Why would they even care when the money keeps coming regardless of reputation though?

12. DarkGG

Who knows anymore

13. YouShallnotPassz

I don't support the idea of 1 person guild/outfit, 5 at bare minimal ill support you on that part.

14. MyLovelyStar

The thing is, though, as a person who has tried this, you HAVE to have everyone online to do things. Even if I had 5 people in my guild, 3 people MUST be online at the same time to run a mission.

I play late night, so I'm never on when my friends are, and my friends also turn their computers off, while I don't. This would mean I would never have an opportunity to progress, even with my small group of personal friends.

---

Thank you for all the support everyone. It means a lot and makes me happy that others feel the same way.

Celthon likes this.
  15. Ned Sheynji

I don't see the point of not having a 1man guild honestly. Guild buffs are very minor and still take money to pop. Guild storage is heavily limited. Guild Quests take time and you have to kill stuff that isnt even profitable to grind, exceptions (like manshaums) excluded. And if they are scared that payouts are too high for 1 person only, just let the payout scale according to the membercount.

Making stuff scale in this game in a non retarded way is not this devs strongest practice but they implemented at least a few scalings in the past that arent totally bullsh't so im confident they can at least pull off something...

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. MyLovelyStar

In terms of guild skills, I'm talking more about passives, like more AP, more life xp, fishing buff, ect. Not really stuff that has to be activated, since you can't ctg a one man guild.

However, I don't believe there should be a restriction on players for missions, because as I said, not everyone is on at the same time. I work late nights. I come home and play when most people are asleep or turn their computers off. If I'm trying to help new people progress, I shouldn't have to have 3 members online when I only have a 5 man group. (example only)

Guild quests are easily solo-able if you know to pick the right ones, or your class has a high enough clear speed. Cyclops is near impossible solo, but Valencia missions give you so much extra time you should easily clear it out on your own. I'm not talking about grinding for profit. I would do these missions to get more points to give my small group more money and passives. Since a group that size can't nodewar, missions and sea monsters would probably be the only ways to get substantial income. If you want to make money grinding solo, don't bother with missions.

Besides, in order to increase your pay from your contract, you need activity points, which are given by either levelling your character or participating in missions. I can't pay my people more money if I can't run missions to gain activity.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Ned Sheynji

Well yeah, Cyclops are essentially impossible. You probably die out of sheer boredom as soon as the first mob is down.
    :D

Thats why i dont get the limitation though. Im in a dead guild myself with just a few old friends who have sick as **** gear but arent interested in politics so we just ruin the PvP Scene as mercs everywhere. But how are we supposed to do so if we cant even take siege weapon resistance guild buffs if its locked behind that stupid 3 members online limitation. We eventually solved the problem by getting a few perma online life skillers.

My point though is that, regardless of member amount, or whatever skill somebody wants, for whatever reason, you still have to run guild quests for the precious skillpoints. That alone is... well, not hard, but kinda tedious. And the rewards are depressing. PA eventually released guild quest payouts, which are nice btw, but those dont circumvent the aids we have to deal with when killing like... 2k Fadus or smth, Cus its boring and the silver per hour is pathetic.

So the money is usually not as good as it seems especially since you cant spam guild quests. Also there is a lot of down time running from spot to spot. And they are limiting the completion of guild missions even harder by allowing guild missions to be only done if at least 3 people are online? Its already boring and tedious enough to actually do them. Why does it also have to be tedious to even attempt getting one?

#17 Ned Sheynji, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  18. Preslavv

Totally support this. I am in a casual guild with 66 members but most of them are inactive. Its hard this days to hire new members, cos we are national guild and there are already plenty of guilds from our contry. We cannot collect daily payout, cos we need 10 online. I dont want to leave guild, cos i have old friends here, and its a nostalgia for me. We dont have huge weekly payouts and also dont want them, we dont do smh, so at least what i want is to allow collecting of daily pays. It wont hurt anyone, 35 mil a week is not so much, but for casuals like me it helps.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. MyLovelyStar

I wish I could only have been as fortunate as you almost 2 years ago when I tried starting this guild.

Honestly, while I'm not nearly endgame geared, this game allows progression at your own pace. I feel like I've done everything I've wanted to do for myself, so now helping others is what I aim for. Running missions would help me have purpose again, as tedious as they are.

20. Ned Sheynji

Join us if you are on EU, lul.
    Just advertise your guild as a life skilling guild and once a few members are lured in try to get fishing 3 as fast as possible so they dont jump off again. Usually works.