1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill build? 1720 SP

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Voxo, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Voxo

Hiya Witchards,
    61 Wiz here 1700ish sp. Returning after a 7 month break and trying to figure out what Absolutes I should be trying for.

I am curious what people are actually using and what is useless.

Any info or opinions welcome.

Cheers,

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

what is the build gonna be used for?

3. Voxo

PvE + small scale or 1v1.

4. Exaah

5. Voxo

People actually use Multiple Magic Arrows? I thought you couldn't spam the absolute version?

Also fireball is worth it now?

6. Exaah

you cant spam MMA but its used in combos, same for fireball and fireball explosion

if you don't want to do some fancy combos in 1v1, you can take something else, its up to you

7. WhySoSeeryus

8. Mana_Mafia

I would definitely max out Spellbound Heart and Magic Lighthouse before fireball explosion and MMA and before putting points in Earthquake.

Seriously.

9. WhySoSeeryus

But lightning rabam is great for slow stacking :) blue ball is more pve (run speed buff is the same at lvl1)and red ball is good maxed out if u can spare the points. Fireball explosion is good for downsmash(via addon).

10. Mana_Mafia

11. WhySoSeeryus

True and id recommend it but honestly it sounds to me he is still farming one shot areas where red ball isnt a priority. It aint that expensive tho he can max it too. Blue ball mana regen only works if u stand still so its not so hot unless u dont know what to do with points. Fb combo is good for 1v1.

12. Mana_Mafia

I did not know that. I'll have to remember to check later to confirm. Definitely worse than I thought if that is the case, though I would still take it pretty early personally.

Yeah, red ball won't do you much good if you are one shotting pirates or sausans, lol. I threw that in there because he said "1v1 and small scale" where it really shines. It has other great uses too like world bosses, awakened/guild scrolls, gahaz elites etc.

13. WhySoSeeryus

Red ball is great vs pet classes(where lvl1 is enough to aggro them) and if u can somehow put it into a combo but if u try using it at a wrong time it can get you killed. Still a nice debuff.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  14. Mana_Mafia

LOL.

True enough. The number of times I've been punished for thinking I had a split second to get out a red ball and instantly died is too high to count.

Really wish we could use it while moving.

15. WhySoSeeryus

That would be amazing, have to agree ;)

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

"luckily" we stand still for a very long time when casting skills, long enough that the only times mana goes down is when i dont refresh the blue ball (using mroe mp regen skills would also help, but CD/hit area is what i focus more on)

17. Voxo

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Appreciate the info.

I farm a variety of content. Mostly 1 shot stuff but occasionally Manshaums and Ashra locations where lots of 1v1s.

Going to drop blizzard chain now that I dont nodewar anymore. Going to check out that new fireball for 1v1's.

Cheers,

18. Jupto

Is this still good for 2019 PvE witch? I think i only have under 1k points to spend, if or when i get to reset skills.(I am only "new" lvl56.)

19. WhySoSeeryus

here is a discord link for witches and wizards

https://discord.gg/tsSvKsG

but from where u are now on 56 you should have these skills more less:
    https://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/82129 (606SP)

and on 57 you should look somewhat like this
    https://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/82131/ (695SP)

take care, 58 will require lots of skill points at once to max out awakening
    https://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/82132 (900SP)

u get the idea, keep awakening maxed then invest in other preawakening spells if u think u can spare points without sacrificing progress in awakening on next level.

for PVE u will probably mostly use awakening anyway(and Absolute:MMA here and there, plus utility spells, ofc).

Swift Earthquake rabam is also good for PVE, so level it up when u can spare the points. Has decent crit modifier, down attack, pulls mobs, bounds mobs and isnt slow as normal Earthquake.

Jupto likes this.
  20. Jupto

Thanks so much for reply, i have a question tho, cant i take fireball+fireball explo instead of magic arrow and isnt the spell speed only good for pvp? I have never used it before.
    (i did find the reset from spirit ty.)