1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slavery and O'dylitta

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

in this game tho, we r killing, stealing, spying, insider trading, seducing even.... :D

Sadalsuud likes this.
  2. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Are you really trying to tell me that fictional works that portray slavery and death are...illegal?

3. chendu

You're not forced to do anything, if you don't want 'worker' coming from odylitia you can make them come from any other city

4. DrrrZolty

the real question is why do we have only white male workers, thats racist, where is gender and race equality? same for maids why do we have only white maids? maybe i would like to have a black maid.
    we should be able to have workers and slaves of every race and not only white

hahahahahahaha halo halo fbi? please come to black desert they killin me and want to own a slaves, they already enslave animals

#104 DrrrZolty, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2020
  5. Beeso

#105 Beeso, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. Boink

Because we don't live in this "era" of lore anymore. At least not everyone "wink wink" is above the law like any noble or royal blood.

Genocide and subjugation is part of the game's lore driven by "royal blood" and other political proponents. You go to an area of the map where a different race / or set of human that you farm to loot so you be stronger than before.

Regarding "illegal content", I'm sure it relates to materials that are not works of fiction and set in real life. I don't understand why you can't comprehend works of fiction.

See the difference with your example is that she incites a big gathering in REAL life where there is curfew. In games, you can gather friends and slay everyone you see. You don't get jailed for murder or genocide because we understand it's a game and has no settings in real life. We also know being in contact in-game doesn't give you COVID-19. ... I hope so.

7. Paric

Lol rly, man you semm to have 0 clue what those laws are about, and yes slavery does fall under crimes against humanity however those laws serve completly different purpose and do not apply to works of fiction or history. So as far as EU laws go you are perfectly free to portray slavery and the rest of crimes against humanity as you wish in games/books/films/series etc.. as long as its a work of fiction/history and not a manifesto calling for change in reallife or defending rl events of it(and even that is grey area and in most european countries you will get away with it on basis of free speech without penalty)
    This whole disscusion is about as absurd and silly as it was first time around you started it a while ago. Than again i am not sure if you are not just fishing for attention cuz with most of your threads it sure fells like that more than an actual concern over whatever it is you are writing inthere.

Kikux likes this.
  8. T800

I was specifically citing the laws about illegal content online.You can call it what you want, but if the content that you created and spread online is inciting, condoning or trivializing crimes against humanity, than you are already probably breaking that law, again i am not a lawyer, but neither is anyone here.
    The reason i brought that example about Australian women, is because she is just like 80% of people replying here think their online activity is just like work of fiction, and thinking they can just delete the post and everything will be forgiven - that's not how it works now.

There are books( including fictional), games, movies which are banned in different countries - so it's nothing new.

As for this topic. Honestly i am worried, this could blow up and create a bad publicity for Kakao Games, and if you read my other topic in Off-topic section, Kakao Games is expanding fast. They will be bringing at least 2 new MMO in the next year or so here. And i am looking forward to playing Elyon and putting BDO behind for good.

9. YouMayUseAnyNameYouWish

So killing little kids (Treant spirit) in a game is fine but slavery isnt? Rofl, what a bad troll. Try harder next time.

10. Deyric

It is assumed part of their pay so when you aren't giving them that you aren't paying them either. And people can drink without being addicted.

And you still are ducking the point of having story options.

11. Deyric

Bad troll... lol the hypocrisy given you likely know treat spirits aren't anything near children other than the appearance of them.

12. IWalkAlone

The society living in the biggest slave system since humanity exist without even knowing it is screaming for some game personage with collar on the neck... wow

13. Deyric

Screaming? That you need to falsely depict people's emotional states is telling.

14. YouMayUseAnyNameYouWish

Rofl another troll. Freakin weirdos.

15. IWalkAlone

You like nitpicking, dont you :)

16. kilitedhaggis

not to belittle you or your views but possibly a lil research was required before " specifically citing laws"
    this is a work of fictionalised fantasy therefore going by your reasoning here i can think of a sackful of games that fall under your initial post
    should they also be "reworked/rewritten/banned" for crimes against humanity?

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

your existance is a crime against humanity

18. Boink

Shooting, beating-up your friends, or someone in-game is also inciting, condoning, or trivializing "crimes" against a human but I don't see EU laws banning these games. Maybe your interpretation of the law doesn't fit well here.

Wait you literally went around and suggest that you pay them to work but they don't work without beer... I don't get it. No one assumed anything they don't work until you provide them with beer. Even if you assume you pay them ;) ;) WINK WINK they still don't work without giving them beer. Let us do an experiment, don't give them anything for a month and let's "assume" wink wink that you pay them. Yeah thought so.

I didn't duck I want to promote Democrazy where everyone is equal UNDER THE LAW. Down with the Monarchy! Let's break down the chains of inequality in BDO! Vote me as the first BDO President this upcoming election. Boink 2020.

19. T800

The piece i was reading was published on June 2020. So it is very new and will probably be awhile before we see something significant coming out of it, but you never know. EU has been cracking down on Online activity in the last few years very hard. But as you pointed out my interpretation of it could be indeed very flawed.

20. Kikux

look at it this way in this game you enslave the slave owners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.