1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slavery and O'dylitta

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T800

I was curios about how this Ahib came in to contact with Humans. They seem to be far away from home. The closest Human settlement is either in Calpheon or Driegnah region right?

2. LesserHellspawn

Ahib and Ganelle were one not so very long ago. The new Kamasylvia main quest tells all about it, though it's a lot of reading. And Kama has always had contact with humans. There's the longleaf tree sentry post, the kamasylve temple between Serendia and Mediah, and there are elves everywhere, one is a captain of Calpheon's trina knights.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  3. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

4. T800

It doesn't says anything about Human settlements.

But it does contradict your version of " Kama always had contact with Humans " - by stating " In the year 286 - The Queen of Kamasylvia orders the opening of the national borders with Calpheon and Drieghan."

Question remains, where did the Enslaved humans in O'dylitta came from?

5. LesserHellspawn

No, it doesn't. That just says that at that year foreigners were just finally allowed in. It says nothing about elves going out.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. T800

Why does it matter when Elves got out? That says nothing about how and when Humans became slaves in O'dylitta. There must be a story there, they wouldn't just add them out of the blue just to piss off Westerners.

7. Kelt Rand

Basically filing Marni Stones from grinding is mass genocide...

8. MarsKiller

MarsKiller Ranger 62 EU

We most likely get that answer when O'dylitta will be released.

T800 likes this.
  9. Meowi

It doesn’t piss off westerners. It pisses off the weak minded.

10. Deyric

People living have great grandparents that were slaves. It wasn't that long ago you psycho.

#150 Deyric, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    T800 likes this.
  11. Boink

Why people like you exaggerate and create your own lies just to support whatever fictional bias and claim others as liars?

The end of slavery in the U.S. is around 1865. The oldest human alive is a Japanese citizen around 110 years old. Unless we are talking about other forms of slavery such as forced labor under the terms of imprisonment (War Time) then that is a different story.

Mediah storyline talks about humans enslaved and working around the abandoned mines. Let's just say that "lore" again base on fiction talks about slavery, human trafficking, subjugation, imprisonment, and other vile acts against humanity. Been around since the game was released.

The subject actually adds a good storyline set in Medieval times where it is perfectly normal under almost every society that recognized a King, Emperor, or a higher power above the law to have slavery. It also normal to have tyrants and other "crimes against humanity" under this type of system.

But we all know this is set in fiction. So once again vote me for BDO President in 2020. The first thing I do is remove the ridiculous tax rates set in the marketplace (taxation without representation, where are the fixed roads?? no schools? tired of paying taxes so workers work to indulge their addiction with beer!), then give free healthcare for all (infinite hp pots). Democracy is what we need in BDO. Boink 2020.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. MisterJoy

Lol, your versions sounds like a completly made up version describing a fantasy utopia in egypt. They were contracted poor people who were in a "paid labour" sort of thing and they were allowed to be buried in places near those tombs.
    "best food, best care" I highly doubt that, also egypt did have masses of real slaves aswell, actually data suggests it was the core of their economy, you seem to conveniently overlook that, in your attempts to slander muh evil romans, greeks and germans. Also I don't think those people ever had a problem with inferiority complex, that sounds like a hollywood story.
    Also "kill and replace everybody" is bs. There is no data to back that up, not even for the austrian painter.

So maybe slaves depending on definition did not do the building part of the pyramids. But the pyramids would not exist without heavy slavery, that is for sure.

#152 MisterJoy, Sep 15, 2020
  13. T800

Mississippi Officially abolished Slavery only in 2013. But as such Slavery never really ended it just changed it's form, as someone already mentioned about 40 million figure.

What you mentioned about the storyline, is exactly what i want to understand now. Where did this Slaves in O'dylitta came from - because the whole Kamasilvia civil war, that split their society, happen recently. So i presume they wouldn't have been enslaved for a very long time.

14. Sharrim

Wait 3 more weeks and you will figure it out with all of us.

T800 likes this.
  15. Kikux

Great Pyramid tombs unearth 'proof' workers were not slaves | World news | The Guardian (theguardian.com)
    there's tons of other evidence found lately but i'm not giving a free education, but if you want to educate yourself you can buy zahi hawass books the guy who discovered more than 2000 tombs and other things and he banned beyonce from entering egypt because she was acting ignorant and selfish and maybe you can visit egypt and go to the new biggest museum in the world and watch the greatness of egyptian culture.

#155 Kikux, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
  16. MisterJoy

Why are you skipping the part of the egypt economy having being based mostly on slavery?
    You know why the articles your are citing it as 'proof'? Because the author does not see it as solid evidence to the claims, also Zahi Hawass is criticized for working unscientific on multiple occasions painting the egypt history more positive, then it actually was. The assumptions Hawass makes are completly out of proportions, that is more than obvious, so telling me to educate myself based in the writings of someone, who is totally biased, is garbage.

What if the builders were buried close to it, as a sacrifice to the pharaohs in the afterlife as eternal slaves to serve the pharaohs? That sounds much more fitting to me. Since in the cultural burial of pharaohs it was actually usual to bury them with things for them in the afterlife including people to serve them.

From your article:
    You know egypts had this thing of "selling yourself" in an eternal bond labour system to get rid of debt you could not pay up anymore? Like said, from the given data I would assume, that they were buried to keep the eternal bond going into the afterlife to being eternal bonded in serving the pharaohs. It was also usual for the "eternal bond labourers" to be fed by their masters.

So no, there is no evidence at all, there are only conveniently interpreted findings.
    But even with those, that slavery was the main economy of egypt, is still a solid fact.

Also don't forget, the people who were allowed to work on this stuff were always handpicked and most people who ever published a not totally praising egypt culture article, were kicked and banned from working on it ever again. So the people were pressured to only publish positive cultural results from the very beginning. So nah, I am not gonna use heavily biased writings like this to "educate" myself.

TLDR: Acient Egypt culture and economy was based on slavery and slavery on top of it. We know that for sure. Interpreted stories from the pyramids don't change that.

#156 MisterJoy, Sep 15, 2020
    Deyric likes this.
  17. IWalkAlone

This something that everyone should do.I saw really unique and incredibly things.To enter the pyramid was breathtaking.The Karnak temple complex... no words...

18. BDOMONSTER

It's both sad and pathetic that our population has been brain washed into thinking slavery is somehow the worst fate imaginable to humans. You have the nerve to come here and try to claim morale high ground decrying slavery while you happily bounce around the world murdering and killing people? News flash kid there are far worse sufferings for humans than slavery, I'll start with death. Trust me if being a slave was the worst there would never be slaves as they would all simply kill themselves to escape it. So please stop chirping about the ills of slavery while you role playing a massive killing machine trying to manufacture some sort of high morality.

19. T800

Technically speaking, in this game you are not killing anyone, because there is no such concept as true Death in this game. Everything you " kill " re-spawns few minutes later. I mean you can role play a mass murderer but even from NPC perspective it will be anecdotal title, since every one is still " alive ".
    But Slaves in the game will stay Slaves for ever, until Developers writes a story to free them...

20. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

basically slaves in this game are just code and pixels and they dont care about being a slave or not

Jena and IWalkAlone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.