1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Slow down leveling?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Harry Taynt, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Harry Taynt

This may be heresy to ask about in this game, but is there any way to actually slow down the leveling process or turn off the buffs? I would like to actually take some time to smell the roses, and don't necessarily want to get up to high 50's in a day or two. It seems like there's no point in going to level-specific areas because I'll level up past those ranges in no time.

Thanks.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

While we are talking about the levelling experience you should also ask for them to increase the skill point acquisition rate if they are not going to slow down the xp gains. You level so fast these days but you have next to no skill points when you reach awakening or succession.

Ares6609, Jinoro and Factorial like this.
  3. woots

well they sky rocketed everything because your class start at level 56 with awakening or succession, which indeed turn a huge part of the open world totaly irrelevant if you dont only plan of questing just to read the story.

they could rebalance all that to overall provide a far smoother time spend per level, even if you end spend the same amount of time to hit level 60 so mainly necessary SP. ( while still letting players rerolling sky rocket their grinding if they want to with all various buff )
    And that by questing, questing reward, rebalance all leveling income... which would also less give that impression of "hitting" that grind wall suddently

but, well as usual, its PA.

Jinoro likes this.
  4. PancakeRift

Because all the level specific zones are OLD content.

Irrelevant limitations such as level specific zones are standard for all MMO's once its over 2 years old... Like, what MMO keeps that kind of content relevant?

Also, the new zone o'dyllita you want to be minimum 63 anyway. Level matters there. So... extending leveling would hurt new players even more?

5. Factorial

You are going to find out that level up isn't an issue despite how fast it goes. BDO is a grinding game at the core. You will have plenty of time to regret asking for a slower experience point gain system. The real struggle is the enhancement system which will suck the life out of you most violently.

You can out level an area and still productively grind there until those roses you speak about don't smell so good anymore. Enjoy that fact and utilize it to your advantage. That said, BDO is a gorgeous game. Take it at your pace. Spend hours just enjoying the environment. The development team did a phenomenal job that is worthy of not only respect, but admiration and awe.

Leyiaa likes this.
  6. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Players brand new to the game still make use out of alot of the old areas.Brand new accounts dont have xp scrolls and buffs and silver to buy high end gear right away.The areas also still contain knowledge important for endgame as well.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. DarkWun

As a newer player, I'm assuming you are on the Olvia server cluster? Those servers have an inherent XP boost 24/7, but you don't have to use them. You can freely join the other servers where that boost is non-existent. Another thing you can do is make sure you only kill monsters during daylight hours as you get an XP bonus for killing them at night.

8. Harry Taynt

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm deliberately avoiding the Olvia servers.

9. GM Fenix

Game Master

Hi there,

I can see quite a few members of the community gave their opinions and advice :) I hope you enjoy our game and we'll take the feedback on board ^^

10. Leyiaa

Greetings Harry Taynt (and all others). I am also a new player, hitting level 20 soon and was asking myself the same question. I've seen a guide out there (sorry, don't remember which one) that said, it is probably the best way to not rush and level slowly by avoid the Olvia servers, as others have mentioned. I don't understand it quite yet, but people were talking about being an "empty husk" if one levels too fast.

If you're talking about feedback, then yes, giving us the option of a slow level experience would be awesome. In that regard, I think a streamlined new player experience could improve the game immensely for beginners. I am having a hard time right now because I am so overwhelmed with everything this game has to offer. From my chosen class (why do I get almost every ability from the very beginning?) to knowledge (how do NPC conversations work?), energy, contribution points (what are they both for? how to spend them wisely?) and not to mention life skills and horse breeding.
    Usually, I don't mind complexity. For years, I have watched the genre getting more and more simple and I can't say I like that development. But here, everything is just crushing down on me like a huge tidal wave and I really wish to ride on top off this wave and once I do, I think I will never wish to let it go =)

11. AlnilamE

Honestly, until you get to Mediah, just ignore the level and just take your time. I have level 60 characters cleaning up quests around Velia.

"Follow the indicator at your own pace" as Alustin says.

@Leyiaa If you hang out around Velia and then around Heidel for a bit, there are a ton of tutorial quests that teach you how to use nodes, the crafting workshops and all sorts of things.

Leyiaa likes this.
  12. meisanerd

There isn't really a "levelling too fast", what they are likely referring to is power levelling, where you join a party with a high-level character, go into an area that is technically too strong for you, and the other people kill all of the monsters so you can level up really quickly (you can get a character close to 60 in a couple hours doing this). The problem is that it relies on experience scrolls, so if you pop a 100% combat exp scroll but don't have a matching skill exp scroll, your combat (and thus level) goes up faster than your skills do, so you don't have as many skill points as you would if you had levelled your character normally (ie: via the main quest).

13. Leyiaa

Thanks @AlnilamE I will surely look into these things. I just feel that the general introduction into the game could be a bit more beginner friendly, but maybe that's just me.

That's the point I don't understand. Don't you get your skill points via leveling, i.e. when gaining a new level?

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You get them from questing levelling and killing mobs.