1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So can we get a change to the karma system?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DotX, Jul 13, 2017.

1. DotX

So its atleast back to 60k and not this ********? k thanks.

2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

They changed it for a reason. Geared players pushing around under geared players. If you are geared you can grind over someone and theres nothing they can do about it so whats the problem? If you are same gear as them then its better than before think its around 53k karma a kill for same gear as the person you flagged on.

TarkusBlack and eitheldin like this.
  3. MindBlowing

MindBlowing Tamer 61 NA

Real PKers go red.

4. DotX

I grind in valencia, the moment someone karma bombs me 99% of the time I will go red in 3 kills thats an issue, being better geared in the highest possible area to grind save hystria is still pretty ****ing bad.

5. Lemon Crush

Even more reason why you should be able to grind over them.....because if you are going red in 3 kills it means you severly outlevel/gear them.... just pointing out the obvious.

TarkusBlack, Taj and Hakazumi like this.
  6. fwufs

Just pointing out the obvious, class differences make a huge deal. And once you reach a certain AP it doesn't matter how much higher you go.

7. Lemon Crush

Snarky little sh*t arent you.

60k or 120k isn't going to prevent you from going red. It just isn't I am not sure why you think it is. If you are getting bombed tehy will continue to do it till you leave or stop flagging and they get bored.

8. fwufs

Naturally, but I just wanted to point out your snarkiness was full of ****.

But I would say 3 kills is in the realm of fair fightings.
    i.e. you flag and 1 combo, they come back for a "fair fight" you win again but its close, so they try a third time and lose putting you negative. Then decide you are the better player and leave.

9. Walletwarrior

Here is a valid question, what if I remove all my armor while someone of similar ap/dp flags on me?

10. Dremlock

How dare you pvp in my pve game? get out you bully

11. N0tl0c

All I want is penalties for repeated deaths or some way to keep some one away for long enough they would no longer be too much of a nuance.
    And a reasonable cost for killing another player.

12. N0tl0c

Why are they in the same rotation of someone that severely out gears them in the first place?

13. PandoraRose

The issue with penalty on deaths from PK is no different than what people get from supposed "Karma Bombing". It can be abused and used to grief others. The only difference is when somebody is trying to get you to kill them, you make the choice to either lose your karma or lose whatever efficiency you're after.
    There is no win/win for both sides, but their monetary interests rest with new players who haven't yet spent a bunch of money on upgrades, so of course they are going to protect them as much as they can.

#13 PandoraRose, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  14. fwufs

While I get the idea behind punishing deaths it's still a bad idea in general considering they had no say in the matter and were just subject to someone else's whims. By PKing you are making the active choice to accept the possible risks.
    Dying by itself is the punishment, you lose efficiency. What shouldn't be happening however is the other player getting continually punished for one player dying repeatedly. The first attack is done accepting the risk, repeated attacks are either fighting back from a reattempt, karmabombing, or griefing. And griefing can be fixed by choosing another spawn location. So the only 2 reasons that someone would keep attacking is fighting fairly again or getting karma bombed.

15. Columba

They are likely grinding at their level. The ganker should go to Valencia

16. IHirs

Well people at the same gear normally dont karma bomb, at the main 2 pots its normally people who just started the game who karma bomb.

17. Lemon Crush

Why would you ask me that?? I have no idea...

18. zhagsten

There's no karma bomb, your rotation isn't tight enough and you're mad.

19. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I don't know, it seems a lot more fair than before.

20. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

So instead of making pointless posts like those Quoted, you people that "want" something should make reasonable suggestions on how to change the Karma system.