1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So does preorder not work?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Purifyy1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Purifyy1

I've had a preorder on a TRI Dande for the last week and multiple Dandes have went up but none went to preorder. I've seen multiple Kutums and Bhegs gloves go to preorder immediately but why not Dandelions?

2. Fesquera

It's RNG, there's a chance that an item goes to pre-order, and a chance it skips pre-order and goes straight to the market. You're likely just having some bad luck.

Sebastianz, Yulanda and Smileybones like this.
  3. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Yup, this here. It's mean to give players without a mountain of silver to stack on huge preorders, a chance at winning items at market.

4. Khondo

Are you checking the pre order price, maybe a few have been sold but you are not high enough?

5. dlchris1

Had a pre-order for a base Lahn dandi for 350,000,111 for about 3 weeks, either goes to someone's higher pre-order or marketplace. Ended up winning a bid for a tri. The whole marketplace is weird, I understand rng is rng but, this has happned more than once to me usually just boss gear tho. I don't have this problem when I preorder blue / green just put 10k on top of max price and I get it.

More than likely marketplace just hates me.

6. Creence

Creence Witch 61 EU

Wasn't base lahn dande like 600mil? 350 sounds like small amount of money for dande, especially for new class.

7. Grizabella

With octo-currency making everyone rich you will need to put higher bids in for a while or wait.

8. RP Tzuyu

when u po 200m on base urugon and wonder why it goes to some 800m po,
    u should stop being such a cheap ass and po higher or u can just shut up and win the bid

9. Lightning1227

I preordered my Dande lancia back in the day for 1.2B

10. reconkangas

Pre-Order sales are based on the amount of over all sales for a item by %. I.e. Armour stones are a good example 32 mil over all sold so the % that got pre order are very high and once it goes to pre order then it is based entirely off from the highest pre order and if your # is the same as the next guy its time in place as in who bid it 1st.
    so like a Dandi your talking the number sold over all are in the mere 1000's more will goto bid than to pre order in that case it is totally RNG... if you lost a bid meaning someone else picked it up then that is because your bid was to low.

just a suggestion your better off doing night vendor runs for a dandi and taking advantage of the awakening coupon and transfer it than actually trying to buy it on market .

Saccharin likes this.
  11. dlchris1

I wasn't in any hurry, the preorders were going between 500 mil and 700 mil, but quite a few went to marketplace, seems like if the marketplace deems your preorder to be to low it sends it the bidding phase. I know it's rng, I'm guessing the marketplace just hates me lol. In the end got the Tri for 100 mil more and no enchanting needed.

12. Khondo

Somehow I don't think you know how Preorders work.

An item that is put up for sale has a chance to go to preorder, if it does, it goes to the highest bid preorder. You only win a preorder if you are the highest bid, there is no RNG for that. I have been buying a lot of boss weapons for my alts in the last few months and found preorders are common now, specially with the larger amounts of weapons going up for sale.

Bottom line if you do not preorder with a good amount of money, you will never get one via a preorder. Grats on your successful win though as a bid, that is something I have no luck with... as that is total RNG.

13. Purifyy1

No none have been sold to preorder they have all just went to the MP not preorder

14. Purifyy1

I've placed it higher than the last bid I'm positive about that. And they go to bid when I'm not on so I cant exactly win the bid can i?

15. dlchris1

Yes thats how marketplace works, I get that. What I was commenting on was it seems like if your preorder is not at a certain amount it will always go to bid phase. It's probably just in my head. OP when I was trying to get that dandi on my alt account I noticed that tri preorders were going for anywhere between 800 mil to 1.2 bil that was for Lahn.

#15 dlchris1, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  16. Webby

There is a roughly 30% chance an item will go to pre-order and a 70% chance it will go to market bid phase.

The exception is for PEN items... a PEN will always go to pre-order if there is one.

17. RP Tzuyu

50/50

18. reconkangas

I am 100% correct on the basis of how pre orders work it's based entirely off total amount sold over all.. by % not RNG more goto pre orders if the total amount sold over time is at X<---- that total and % unsure of how much of a % but it is small it's why some items only goto preorder every so often....

there is also another issue that is not disclosed here and this is my opinion only but it has to do with the amount of the preorder. Urigon boots for base 0 is going for 980mil and everyone sold lately going to preorder has been above 900 mil so leads me to believe that the amount of over bid for items increases chance of getting preorder but I wont pay 900 mil for those that is retarded and a waste of cash.... but again it's my opinion.

19. Webby

Where are you getting this information? Source, please...

20. Purifyy1

its also not the bid its just the fact that 7 Dandes went up and all went to bid not preoder but ive seen Dim, Urgons, Bhegs, Kutums,and Nouvers got to preorder 90% of the time