1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i wanted to start a fresh discussion: Vets Vs Newer players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Leionhearth, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Sibyyl

Yes, for both games.

It's slightly more difficult to get per region of the specific PC game only because both companies lump in PC/mobile sales in per region charts. I'm sure the numbers are buried in the report, but I didn't look there.

2. 6footgeeks

cool. thanks :>

Sibyyl likes this.
  3. Meeraku

Meeraku DarkKnight 58 NA

Look OP, you're gonna get hate no matter what because you expressed an opinion.

I have played on and off for 2 years and have barely scratched 450GS, and that's my fault. It's easy enough to climb to the top if you're willing to put the effort into it; and that's what these types of games are about: effort (and sometimes luck, too)

Also, the only reason I wanted to post anyways is because you really need to work on your grammar. Thank you.

AZzalor and Columba like this.
  4. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Just being a jaded cynic, don't mind me :3

Sibyyl likes this.
  5. Balmafra

Balmafra Altenia Mystic 58 NA

/Thread

6. Noth

Fair enough, but for a game 5 years older than this game not releasing in new markets still making that much with a supposed monetization and game design that doesn't work still says something about how the market works. We'll see how BDO does when it is as old ad GW2 and is no longer releasing in new regions (why there is a spike in the BDO chart).

Asato and Leionhearth like this.
  7. Sibyyl

Please don't get me wrong.

I'd prefer if artisan's were deleted, and horse training and pet breeding mechanics were reworked from being so punishing to wallet.

This game doesn't need to be so greedy to earn big.

Desado likes this.
  8. Noth

There are a few questions I have on the Kakao report. I can only find the official reports and they have no such graph. Add in that Kakao is including PUBG in the PC (according to the presentation) earnings, I'm really curious about the breakdown.

9. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

SO YOU WANT ANOTHER SET OF GEARS TO ENCHANT ? lol gtfo.

Sibyyl, Dryed and Findubar like this.
  10. Findubar

Imo the latest patch increased the skill gap and that`s a good thing. Too many high geared players doing the same damn thing every single time and now are getting rekt. I love it. Make the tears flow!

11. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

Renown system hurt some softcap vets too.
    Rip Muskan+Giath

Renown system rly changed things and theres basically no reason to get muskans or Giath anymore.

For new players... i feel for you if u just received your boots and helmet that turned out trash :/

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  12. Leionhearth

with a heavily dropping playerbase. ofcourse stability rises. without effort xD.
    /think about it

13. Leionhearth

Not a native english speaker. i know my grammar isnt perfect. but you can understand what im saying. so we're on the same page here :*

14. Mafesio

I love how people keep saying the player base is dropping, and the only place to get a player count at all is from steam which shows an increase in the player base, did trolling get a Nerf recently?

Smileybones likes this.
  15. Noth

Look beyond the 30 day. all games have weekly rises and falls. BDO is shinking slowly on steam. Most of the ones that have left have been vets recently, which means they were likely not on steam. Even then, the game would be a ghost town if not for the ability to afk 24/7.

Blackhearted likes this.
  16. T800

You need to join a guild that does Node Wars. It will give you the motivation to progress with your gear.

Motivation is the key to ... umm ... i want to say success, but than success in what? Wasting a lot of time on one game. There are hundreds of game, and new are coming out every month. Why should this one steal all of your time? What makes it so special above all others? Doesn't even designed to use VR tech.

17. Meeraku

Meeraku DarkKnight 58 NA

Then I apologize on my last retort. Your consistencies with dialect and conjugation had me assuming you were a native speaker but decided not to apply yourself and make an educated post in terms of grammar. You do, however, seem very fluent and that is good!

#117 Meeraku, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  18. Leionhearth

it has the possibility to have the best pvp combat. like i said before. it was awesome at some point. it was skill dependant and it was full of action and rapid decission making efforts. it might be again now. but the dk is now a dead class. even Eiene sold his weapons. so i guess i dont need to come back right now.

and about guilds. i was in StandBy until i quit. t2 - siege guild

19. Leionhearth

im german. i'd love to be able to live in the U.S. tho. but given my income, and the disability to safe money at this point in my life. that will most likely stay a dream. i also watch movies/tv shows in english. i love your language. its simple. yet so refined :) and i hate the german language. thats probably part of why im so interested in english :p.

thanks btw.

20. Denothir

This is a bit out of touch. Don't want to offend, but you seem very set on your way of thinking.

You can grind to 60, and people you like can grind to 60, and people you are friends with can grind to 60, all in one weekend. I don't deny it. New players who aren't your friend, though, they can't. That's the point in this whole thread. If your guildie gets PK'd or outgrinded in a spot they've been grinding for hours by a higher GS player (no skill, just straight up GS win), then you go protect and help and declare war and in general ensure they don't get interrupted. Good for you, that's how the game mechanics work.

A new player hasn't got those connections. They don't have you helping them keep their grind. They need to invest socially to try make friends (good luck in this game because you dare show your face in someone's grind spot and you're dead the moment they see you).

So frankly, no, you can't get to 60 in a weekend because like me you'll regularly be forced out of a grind spot because this game doesn't encourage any sharing at all. I'm not complaining for myself, let me be clear, I know plenty of spots and rarely spend more than 15 minutes looking for a new spot or server, game has mechanics to help.

As for the overall point of this thread, the veterans have a point that they worked a lot harder to get what they have, but the new players have a point that they can't progress with the veterans who block the best grind spots. Unless the veterans can agree to let new players catch up then we'll need a new server soon so new players don't feel utterly dominated and hopeless.

In case this angered any readers, before you respond please consider the reverse of your situation and think about whether it's fun. Is it "fun" to work hard to grind levels, gain gear, then watch other people get it given to them in reward boxes? Is it "fun" to play catch up for 12 months before you can properly participate in high level content? There's a problem here, and it's going to be hard to make people happy no matter how Pearl Abyss choose to try solve the issue.