1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let me get this straight PA/kakao....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lemon Crush, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

You let seamonster hunting go unchecked for 6+months.....

Then you Nerf the one good group grind spot within a week.....

Are you actually serious? Or is this just a troll.

2. Netreiam

You assume they play their game and know how anything works.

Shadowfibby, Josh28, Two-Tu and 8 others like this.
  3. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

I think its because SMH isn't exploited as much in KR so basically they don't see it as a problem because they don't give a **** about any region apart from KR. KR players grind much more than western counter parts so mirumok heavily affected their economy, hence the consistent changes to grinding and neglection of life skills for years...since KR players don't life skill as much.

Mana_Mafia, Factorial and Ruffe like this.
  4. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Hello there!

Your concerns regarding this topic have been shared with the developers.

Thank you for your collaboration.

zhagsten, GamePois0n, Andaro and 3 others like this.
  5. Kenwulf

It's an out of season April fools joke.

Rah97, Josh28 and JM like this.
  6. Factorial

They been trolling us since end of 2016. Now they are getting better.

7. Netreiam

If I may ask, why respond to this thread in specific? Are you saying that this topic in specific, discontent over the nerf to mirmok has been acknowledged by PA and they let you know? If so, how can we get that kind of response for Class issues?

Shadowfibby, Rah97, Two-Tu and 3 others like this.
  8. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Truth be told, at this point it seems like any discussion about the state of class balancing just gets avoided outright.

9. 2Cents

I'm not sure what information could possibly be relayed?

The only possible conclusion I can come to is employees should be fired for complete incompetence? Or that the entire business model would need to change to Ashes of Creation where the developers are actually playing the game?

What is really to be said about an issue where the entire games economy is destroyed by neglect for so many months? Not to mention the introduction of RMT into the game?

10. Stabby

What they need to do is stop making the rich richer. Put the big money grind spots in Mediah, Valencia and in non-softcap areas of Kam. The game is already too top heavy. Lift the bottom echelon players into PvP qualification.

#10 Stabby, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Stillwaters and Netreiam like this.
  11. Mana_Mafia

Was it shared just now? Because we've been complaining about this issue for 6+ months.

I've personally been speaking out about SMH since July.

This activity has completely devastated the game and has gone unchecked for that long.

The nerf that it was given was significant but still only half of what is required, and we let you guys know that the day the patch went through. Still far too lucrative and far too heavily exploited.

Lemon Crush likes this.
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Summer children are cute when they compare any game with an established playerbase and another in alpha/beta state where it's crucial to do everything possible to hype it, including "showing people that devs are passionate about their game".

The only possible conclusion your can come to shows your massive lack of insight about industry and anything related to the professional world.

13. 2Cents

Don't you have chimney's to sweep with the GM's?

14. Stillwaters

You two need to get a room smh lol y'all fight like a married couple I swear

Factorial and Netreiam like this.
  15. Netreiam

I approve this shipping,

2cents + smileybones top 10 cutest anime couples.

16. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Why the heck would they apply these nerfs to EU/NA aswell?

I mean, we aren't even getting the same content as KR, but these nerfs of course find their way to us?

Rah97 likes this.
  17. NVG

NVG

Now let's make sure that the issue is addressed correctly, because maybe that is the reason why it's been like this for months.

At this moment, sea monster hunting can net around 3.5bil of silver per week, at a rate of 100-150m/h.

At this rate, with 0 effort, using just brain-dead mechanisms exploited legally for 3-5h/day can get you to full PEN armors+weapons in 6 months, by preordering every PEN for 9-12bil.

People who actually play this game struggle for years to get to softcap gearscore (that means TET armors and TRI accessories, NOT PEN), while some people who have no idea what a skill add-on is or what means to gather using a hoe or what means to train a horse, they make 90% of the silver that is generated by the game by simply ramming their boat into seamonsters all day and THEY DICTATE the economy of the game.

Some players have probably reached 100bil in pure silver just from seamonster payouts in the last few months, while others struggle to get their first bilion of silver after playing the game for months.

This is not a concern that needs to be shared with the developers. This is a PROBLEM that requires immediate attention and Seamonster hunting or guild payouts should be disabled until fixed, just like you did with the pearl gifting. Disable until fixed.

Let's make sure that you understand the problem: the problem is that a single mechanism, which requires no skill, no game knowledge, no luck, no rng can net more silver/hour than anything else in the game which requires deep knowledge of the game or which requires people to have played the game for a lot of time in order to build their characters strong or which requires good RNG and luck.

PS (VERY IMPORTANT):
    Let me give you a better example how this affects Kakao Games MUCH WORSE than the stolen credit cards used to buy pearls which lead to disabling the pearl gifting system:
    Selling a costume on marketplace gives the sellers who got too much real life money only 111mil silver. That is 35 EURO for 111mil silver.

Seamonster hunting nets 150mil silver for 1h of hitting a monster with your boat (a similar concept to hitting the wall with your head).

Now tell me ... why would someone want to work in real life to earn money to spend it on pearl shop and continue to sell costumes on marketplace when they can do seamonster hunting and earn tons of silver by using the ram option? People don't even need costumes, maids, pets or anything else from pearl shop to get to full PEN using sea monster hunting ...

So maybe you wanna do something about this huge problem ...

#17 NVG, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Kushina, Zhev and Lemon Crush like this.
  18. Rah97

Wouldn't that just make the softcap players push the lower tier players out of the best grinding spot in those areas?

19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

To those wondering "what information they shared", I can tell you this much. All those "40,000 pages" of discussions regarding the topic has been reviewed by the Staff. Regardless of what some wish you to believe , the Staff do patrol the forums, Discords, and Reddit reading over players feedback and concerns. They may not always respond, but that is not because they don't want to respond, but simply because they are listening more than they are speaking, ...in a manner of phrase.

They've been watching this topic subject for a long while, as they are and have been with many topics.

Now to be quite frank with everyone, when a topic is full of diverse conversation, diluted responses, bad information, incoherent statements, rage, and whatever other variable of deconstruct you wish you use.....it makes the reading much more difficult for them to examine.

This is why, when any issue, super big or super small is present, it is best that information is presented in an organized fashion, as constructively and well presented as we can. This makes it easier for them to compile a report on, and thusly a greater chance of a positive resolution.

tldr, regardless of what some wish you to believe, I can promise you that although they may remain quiet, they are not ignoring us, or our concerns. Some issues are just much more complex than we realize.