1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So now that Tamer sucks even more...

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Nyanpi, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kuu

Kuu

I haven't played with it enough, and still fubbing through it, but I assume you mean doggy power is now full blown part of a tamer's kit?

2. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

Im still playing and testing around since patch, can you share any combo to ultilize this infinite stiff?

3. rximmortal

whisp me ingame (same name),
    No sharing in random threads, sorry.

Tronkun likes this.
  4. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

The new combat changes are intricate. The conclusion I had yesterday was limit the amount of non stiff CCs you use. After 3 non stiff, the player is CC immune so try your best to not kill them while BM comboing them to death.

For tamer, the changes aren't that bad. Combat is still the same except doing alternating CCs is no longer preffered. Grab is less used(for me). Players still die to our old combos the same. It honestly just opens up a new box of combos for us and I think understanding the cc mechanics first hand is key to adapting.

Keldorn likes this.
  5. Poko

Tamers have this syndrome that they think their class is awful at everything for some reason even though its the best by far in duels (which is what most people complain about). Youd think they would complain about large scale where they actually lack, but nope they complain about duels where they are insanely strong. I think they just get brain washed by that irrelevant moron

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  6. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Yes i'm think your right. Irrelevant was always tamers biggest problem.

7. Lenerlink

TBH i was at first on the hate train about these changes...because you know its human nature to reject change at first but i have come to accept they are trying to change and after RE READING the patch notes this is not the end of change they will be tweaking classes also to fit the new changes... One major problem i have with it now is with these shorter cc duration then need to speed up heilang's attack follow ups on some moves to make up for it.

8. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Yeah, most definitely, The Delay Heilang always had bugged me alot. With this new CC system, He can also Hinder you from properly laying a combo down as well.

I dont know..This is looking pretty grim right now.

9. Von_Blaumark

Poko you haven't been paying attention to tamer's contributions for the last 1.5 years. We do complain about a lack of purpose and role in mass pvp. Be it nodewars, RBF or god forbid sieges.
    What we mainly complain about is a number of skills not working at all no matter in what situation. Yes that includes duels as well.

10. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

I think it really depends on if you are talking about 1v1 or not. In 1v1 we have the potential to do a infinitely rotatable 13s total combo just by using clever stiffen spamming and grab engage was buffed because you can float after grab now to extend it. However, outside of 1v1 we are losing conservatively 20% damage overall in trade for a little bit of tankiness which allows us to stay in a fight a tad bit longer but probably not long enough to offset the burst we lose from the reduced damage output. Moving forwards I would like to see either some increased sustain from tamer or damage adjustments in order to remedy this.

11. Kuu

Kuu

Mystics/Strikers/mages still rule mass pvp by being able to spam skills and hit something, but I am liking the fact our attack heilang command is 4s.

We desperately needed a range attack, and even if it's completely unprotected, I now find I use it a lot in NW/big encounters. Heilang does a heck of a lot of CC, and damage with attack heilang, as long as you sneak around properly to not get picked up by pick offs.

I'm considering putting back my heilang howling now to combo it.

12. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

Listening yo you talk about heilang's attack command has got me thinking that maybe they could rework the action that heilang performs on attack and allow us to aim it at any spot without a target(still retaining the option to attack a specific target) and make him do some type of AOE once he reaches his destination with maybe similar damage to sorc's ranged rabam but a AOE about the size of resonance.

13. Kuu

Kuu

Actually you can already do that with heilang roar combo. Heilang will do a stiffen aoe around him when you cast roar, even if you cancel.

14. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Well, we all know tamers problems got ignored for such a long time, i dont think they will work on tamer for the next weeks, since there are classes that suffer way more from this new changes than tamer does ( i still hope they revert the cc change). We at least have really sick stiff lock combos, once someone is cc ed, he is going to die in the combo, unless it is a 350dp valk cause i am not softcap and i miss ap. But in group pvp , tamer looks even worse for me. Actually, i am not happy at all with these changes, but yeah, i still love the tamer.

#34 VorteX332, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. Kuu

Kuu

Yes and no.

I would say more then half the classes have gotten more powerful in mass PvP, since no class is restricted by the "short combo rule" aka non grab classes and classes that start with grab engage.

This helps a lot for the more speed classes, as oppose to the block classes.

In this respect tamer is better, because now tamers can do full combos on engages, but then every class can do full combos to Tamers. So you have more classes that can hurt a tamer, but it wasn't any different then a guild full of strikers and mystics before anyway.

Witches and wizards doing longer combos though is a problem.

So it's not tamers, but every class suffer longer combo locks in node war, but only because every class can make equal amounts of longer combos now.

This is a complex issue, and really is a balance because it made every class almost as useful on a basic level.

There's still a problem of who does more damage and has better kits, but the limitations are re-balanced equally, as intended by PA.

The buggy heilang not being able to void is annoying the heck out of me, but other then that, we lack the SA and speeds of Musa and Maewha's which is now very strong, but tamers also gained some nice sustain in the process, and our DP is way way better now, when we stack them up (Block +20DR, berserk +10 DR, ramban +10DR) And DR actually matters somewhat now.

It's just too early to tell, relearning our classes is a tough one. But one thing is for sure. No class can survive a gang bang of reds anymore, the DR increase makes other classes harder to one shot, so their combine counter attack will leave you bouncing on the floor way too long to save yourself (on decent gear level)

It's just tactically not good to ever go in out manned. Even 2 on 1 is deadly encountered because they can lock you down far too long, no matter what classes go at you.

#35 Kuu, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  16. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

but tamer IS the worst class not just in this game but in any game i've seen and there are a lot of arguments and facts posted and proven why

you don't do pvp as usual but yes

every class gets double damage except tamer and you're wrong.

In a group fight you can't use grab - everyone else can, your only protected floats are garuda (bad dmg,no air attacks) and fire staff (no air attacks or modifier) or full channeled allround spinner which is incredibly risky and for the most part not good dmg + only the last hits are float so you dont get air hits

if you hit an enemy in a group fight you can't follow up with anything and be efficient while now every other class can follow up with anything and do way more dmg, your view is just incredibly narrow-minded and inconsiderate.. also you still die by random aoe skills. Just go do a node war or a siege and try to flank or do anything other than flame thrower

by far the best in duels lol
    so what happened to mystic and striker and valkyrie and ninja and even warrior to an extent and berserker ?

tamer isnt even top 5 duel class ,its a MAGIC DMG CLASS u get bad matchups by default vs mystic/striker, it's also a slow melee so you can easily be kited by rangers especially now with absolute skills.

Tamer is bad at absolutely everything in bdo, go ahead and prove me wrong. You CAN do things but you can do those things better with other classes.

You can flank but you still do it much worse than other flankers. Sure if you and kuno are going toe to toe you have an advantage cus you have more dmg but kuno is faster and has much better engage which don't really help it in a 1v1 face to face but it help it in everything else. There are some cherry picked moments where tamer is better but overall it's bad at everything.. lol at saying tamer is incredibly strong in duels

i dare you to fight the top players of the top classes and come back and tell me this joke, sure it's better in duels than it is in everything else but it isn't a top class by any means

the patch absolutely butchered tamer and made it 50 times worse than before cus all of your "cc" is low dmg or no modifiers or really slow cast or unsafe and unprotected so group pvp is way worse, the only thing it buffed is 1v1 grab engage and nothing else

it promotes anti-skill gameplay

17. rximmortal

I thought u quit already.
    But I see u are here to entertain us more :D

18. SuzyIdle

He has valid points and he not hiding in his castles behind way above softcap people. the few times i`ve seen you in rbf you have grey points.
    So why you trolling?

19. rximmortal

Since when rbf even matters :D :D :D :D :D
    At the end of the day , all that matters is if you control a Castle and your personal skill. If you think you are good , you are always welcome at the arena. I am there 24/7 anyway.

20. eddie972e

they need to give our doggo attack command more range, i cant get doggo to attack rangers, but rangers can break my block with just a few shots