1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So with the goal of a Global build, does this mean NA/EU will become F2P?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shibou, Feb 18, 2018.

?

Should NA/EU server go F2P if we get a uniform global build?

1. Yes

15.6%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

44.4%
  1. Shibou

So now that PA has announced their intention to have a single global build for reasons such as making it easier to handle technical and bug support and releasing content updates faster for everyone, does this mean that NA/EU server will go free to play?

I believe it would be unfair and somewhat slimy of PA to give us an exact copy of the Korean server, with all the F2P cash shop antics that entails, and yet still charge NA/EU players at the door when other regions get in for free.

Taking this into consideration, I'm really interested to know what the rest of the community thinks about this issue. Should NA/EU server go free to play if we get a global build? If it does, what might be the consequences of that, and do you think those consequences are good or bad?

2. SavageDragon

votet with i don't care ... 10 Bucks for the Game? So they give us back 1000 Pearls? This is not even a Pet ....

3. Reave711

No tricks no traps

4. Shibou

Well if we got something for that $10, like starting out with 1,000 Pearls or an extra pet or something, then I think that would be fair. The issue is however that the entire reason the game went b2p in our region even though it's f2p in all the others is because we were promised some things in exchange for that. If we get a uniform global build, we are getting nothing for our money, and PA will just be charging us an entrance fee for the exact same content every other region gets for free. Would you not care if everyone else was allowed to enter a party for free but you were stopped at the door and told you had to pay $10?

Cloudaye likes this.
  5. ghoulz666

And we still won't have Rabam/Jin/Cron energy.....

Cloudaye likes this.
  6. gurghul

It is already p2w ..

7. Karnstein

And we will not have, we have a x number of tent/kama blessing/combat book to buy before getting any real content update

8. WNxArcticwolf

Where's your source?

9. Solo322

Will the Koreans be happy with desync? they won't play in LAN anymore unless server is hosted in Korea lul.

10. Shibou

Where's my source for what? That PA wants to do a single global build? Is this your first time on forums or have you just ignored the 10 other threads before this one talking about it?

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/dev-diary.149538/

"We aim to develop Black Desert Online as a Single Global Build. By doing so, we believe that it will benefit both our players and us, as developers. It will allow the latest patches to be applied to all regions more quickly than any other game, and enable us to quickly reflect even the tiniest detail of valuable user feedback. Anyone who enjoys Black Desert Online will always have the same optimal experience from any region."

#10 Shibou, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  11. WNxArcticwolf

It's very rare a vist the forum unless a mass disconnection happens.