1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Solution for frequent crash-to-reboots

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by BigCoffinHunter, Mar 21, 2020.

1. BigCoffinHunter

BigCoffinHunter CoffinHunters

After suffering very frequent crash-to-reboots for a couple months, I tried a lot of possible fixes. Nothing worked until today.

A guildie, Lithar, directed me to a solution. I don't know who originally figured this out (or how), but the solution is on a reddit post, of all places.

****Delete 2 files called xcorona.xem****

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/fhhrb6/insane_amount_of_crashing/fkb7cw1/

You have to open the BDO file or just do a search on your desktop for xcorona.xem
    There will be two that you have to delete.

DO NOT DELETE THE ONES THAT HAVE "64" OR "HOST" IN THE FILE TITLE. If you do that, the game will not run at all.

Just delete the two that say "xcorona.xem" (If you accidentally delete the other three, "restore" them from your trash)

Yes I agree it's amusing that the file is named corona.

Anyway, for the first time in months, I was able to play at more than minimum settings, even grinding in crowded areas. Thank you to whoever discovered this!

2. Lofty

Sadly, didn't work for me. Still crashing and rebooting when game is in full-screen, and getting memory adress error when minimized to tray.

BigCoffinHunter likes this.
  3. BigCoffinHunter

BigCoffinHunter CoffinHunters

Hello, sadly I have to post that this only worked for about 6 glorious days. I'm back to crashing to reboot. Another ticket is out. Will let everyone know if a fix is found. I miss BDO.

4. GM Icarius

Game Master

I see that our tech god GM Unruly has offered you a solution on March 25th through the ticket system and that you could connect recently.

Have fun in-game : )

@Lofty Please contact us through the tech support if your issue remains.

5. Lofty

No need. Obviously the devs are randomly making it better and worse for specific system configurations from patch to patch. Possibly as a server load mitigation tactic. I had no issues this last patch so I bet it's my turn to crash next patch. Every patch different people in the guild have this issue, it's pretty transparent that shady business is going on. How about just making AFK activities offline instead of pretending you have enough servers for everyone?