1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solution to PA meta! Rework it!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Mattys1337, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mattys1337

As the current meta is, which side has more witchardz using PA's will win the node wars. This must change! This is super unhealthly for the game, that there's just 1 meta which works. This game has one of best combat systems in games, why would they ruin the whole system with so simple thing like PA.

I'm 560gs wizard myself and I find it super booring and just stupid that the whole war's result is compared to that "who's using PA's the best". Which guild does most organized PA's and which doesn't. Which guild has the most witchardz using PA's.

As it's stated witchards are supposed to be gods of node wars, since we literally suck in anykind of 1 vs 1 and also it's pretty easy to sneak in back line and kill the witchardz from there. So I think PA should be reworked.

The benefits for rework?

-It would bring a lot more metas and gear diversity to the game. More strategies with different gears in node wars/siege wars. For example DP build character would be very useful, it would be very good/useful frontline if there would not be PA's at in its current state.

Couple ideas for rework :

1. Make it personal buff only.
    2. 20-30 seconds for 150-200dp more would be a lot more healthy for the game enviroment, it would not make witchardz imposible to kill but a lot harder for the amount of buff. (This gives witchardz chance to go in and do their skills and get out with good luck).
    3. Cooldown should be 2-3 minutes.

Witchardz should be good in large scale, so I think it's very reasonable amount of dp what you get for 20-30 seconds. You can do few skills and teleport out without dieing with 150-200 extra dp. With the current state of the game it's instant death if you teleport in to do your skills without PA.

#1 Mattys1337, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. mickey3333

Screenshot gear with in-game character panel (P) open or I call your 560gs wiz bullSHAT.

JM and Muhaha like this.
  3. Mattys1337

Can't be bothered to take photos, because I don't care about your opinion of my gearscore. I'm here to bring suggestions only to pvp.

Slytrix and Assilma like this.
  4. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Imo, a solution would be putting a 5 sec mini PA on awakening E buff for everyone. So it has full resistance, but half the dr/evasion than a normal PA. Then nerf witch/wiz PA to 5 sec. It'd give everyone their own lil PA, and witch/wiz/valk's PA would still be useful in group fights. If you've ever placed for siege, you'd know PA is absolutely needed. Hell I've been killed through PA, Khalk elixir, whale tendon elixir, 3 food buffs, ebuff.

5. Mattys

Why there needs to be PA? Just remove whole PA from game like it's in the current state, I bet there will be more meta's after that.

For example. full dp build will be viable once again, accuracy builds will be viable again against dp builds and so on.
    Just remove the whole PA, it makes only AP build viable atm.

If there's not 999dp skill for 8 seconds, people must have different kind of strategies and I bet the pvp would be a lot more intresting after that. And yes this is once again coming from 560gs wizard who have seen it all.

Also E buff for mini PA doesn't work, because what else will make witchardz superior in node wars than the PA's? Witchardz are supposed to be node war gods, since we suck everywhere else. So let it be like that. Otherwise witchardz will end up being useless and lots of people just end up quitting because of it.

#5 Mattys, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Wollbert likes this.
  6. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Lul yeah cuz 3 heals (2 of which heal 0-100, and the other one is ranged), aoe from miles away, highest dot and slows in the game, grapple for wiz, insta cast, more pets than a tamer, speed spell, high burst dmg, +20ap passive, +20 ap on ebuff, perm mana regen, perm stiffness and spammable lightning that spreads, freeze cc effect, awakened skill with cc and defense, and of course PA. Really useless, may as well just quit now.

"Why there needs to be PA? Just remove whole PA from game, I bet there will be more meta's after that." I can agree with this, and if they just increase the resistance cap from 60% to like 75% or so.

#6 Muhaha, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  7. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

What about we remove the 3 heals and instead add HP on hit/skill use like rest of the classes have?

Insta cast is a meme, it just makes the skills almost as fast as skills form other classes (and only unawakened)
    High burst is only if you ignore animation before a skill hit (from starting to cast until dmg its not high burst)
    Perma stiffness is so good when it makes everyone immune after 2 CC...
    Freeze is closer to giving the enermy SA than it is helping us, -80%dmg and 1 CC down the drain
    Awakened skills with protection and CC, this looks good until you try it yourself and are rooted to the ground several sec.

Guess its to much to ask for people complaing about OP Wiz/Witch to try the class, instead they reroll to every new FOTM claiming its never to get the strongest class...

8. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Its good that you mention the 20 magic ap passive, now also what about the classes that get 100% crit, 10-16 ap 10 sec buffs on skills , same with dp and evasion on top of that ,skill add ons for all classes that can mix and match ,evasion,slows, mana drain, bleeds,burns, pvp dmg,dp etc then add in there own e buffs to.

As for the burst damage the caster stands still winds up the spell puts there hands in the air then hits, if you cant move out of the way or grab you pretty special.

Then to your heals getting 1 off being the healing aura if lucky , 1 tick from light house because everyone can easily catch up to a double teleport and the last heal if you take it is sages light house which doesnt heal on first tick and will cancel out the moment your hit. ( yes the heals are better than all the other classes though)

Im fine with you taking away pa now allow me to 1 combo everyone like all other classes can. If i can teleport in to a group of enemies with 256 ap, renown ap buff, e buff, food, and do a full rotation and only just break the fg and a littl bit of dmg if lucky and havent been grab or cc'd for the full duration of PA.

Do not forget that us wiztards are close combat magic users that are static ,with a pre awaken that was made for mostly support only.

. 2018-08-18_693314382.jpg 548 gs witchtard

BUT after saying all that we are not weak and quite the opposite (compared to neglected classes) if you know what you doing with gear to back you as well as everything going well were op asf.

2018-08-28_68477271.jpg We kill in mass VS 1v1 were we still suck and get kurb stomped when single out.
    With enough ap though all classes can wipe groups valk,war,zerk,musa,dk,kuno etc maybe with the exception of maewha though.

Jollywand likes this.
  9. Jollywand

yeah we dont care about ur suggestions either so we r equals here

10. Jollywand

yeah just remove all the classes so we can just play with warrior sure sure

11. Mattys

I don't care if you care or not. So I don't get what's ur point of even posting that. I only care if the publisher care, since that's the one who can have impact to the game.

Anyways nice trolling buddy.

Edit - Back to topic, seems like lots of salty people here posting irrelevant nonsense stuff. People don't focus the main problem which is the PA, which needs to be reworked so there can be more strategies in the gameplay. It gets booring when only strategy is having high ap and many witchardz to PA.

#11 Mattys, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  12. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I mean those guilds that can consistently group better and rotate their PAs better are more organized and well..... better than your guild. If your guild cant organize better than the opposing guild... well, PA or not... you probably wont beat them.

13. Mattys

I'm in top siege guild, which have very nice team play. It's not about that.

The whole point of the topic is, why BDO is wasting all the potential it has?
    1 skill ruins all the potential of different metas, different strategies.

It's same like the savage rift, the game has best combat system of every game and yet so far they put us to shoot with buggy/laggy shotguns.. wtf is that if I can ask :D

#WastedPotential

14. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Personally I think Renown killed build diversity way more than PA does. It forced everyone to go full AP for the renown buffs giving you more AP and DP%. If we want to bring back build diversity then they need to remove renown from PVP.

Tvvin and Muhaha like this.
  15. Mattys

Well, I personally think they should not "nerf" anymore things, because it's resulting always to bad results.
    Instead they should buff DP and rework the PA. Though I'm pretty sure, they said they will "buff dp" when the renown came... Yet so far they've made nothing.

Less nerfing, more buffing so it keeps the customers happy when customers doesn't feel the things are taken away from them. Just like what happened in april when the mass rework to classes came. It was disaster.

16. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Lol, "the 20 magic ap passive, now also what about the classes that get 100% crit, 10-16 ap 10 sec buffs on skills"
    Key word here is "skills", they actually have to do something to get that buff. Also every class gets skill add ons, witch/wiz included, why even mention that? https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...rdwitch_skill_addon_list_pvp_suggestions_are/ pretty much see all of that in your preawakening alone. Also you have an E buff too.. that also gives 20 ap. >.>

"Im fine with you taking away pa now allow me to 1 combo everyone like all other classes can" "We kill in mass, 1v1 were we still suck and get kurb stomped when single out" So... lemme get this right, you have issues 1v1 but you 1 shot/1combo everyone, like all other classes can? umm... Okay.

But its like what JM said, if its about gear diversity itself, then AP scaling destroyed that. For instance, when we got the lvl 60 gear box, I tested out the dp build. Got 1 combo'd with 346+ dp.

17. Tvvin

I don't think the AP scaling is going anywhere. PA wants to use it to force players into going above softcap.

Crim88 likes this.
  18. Spartakatz

Because PA is bad, give it everyone, and triple the length or what?

What's bad about "who uses stuff better and is more organized, wins" ?

With only 2 classes having that, it's also possible to focus on those as primary targets. Not possible anymore when everyone has that.

And 150 DP more is not a lot in mass fights.

19. Arzurag

I would change pa into a unique buff that cannot be stacked and has a 5 minutes internal application cooldown.
    Problem solved.

20. Mattys

In siege wars there's so many people it's super hard to focus 1 single target out of 100 people, who are in area of 10 meters x 10 meters. (Atleast organized guilds are always in tight group, so everyone can get the PA when it's casted)
    Also sage's memory + PA, it's almost instant cast so it's pretty easy to use when you see people running towards you. If you are experienced you can do the sage memory + PA less than 0,5 second.

Also 150-200dp is a lot, if you got character with 400dp already. The thing itself forces people for gear diversity already.
    Ofc 150dp won't do that much to 294dp softcap (without stacked evasion/dr), but when it's on 400dp witchard it's starting to be pretty useful. Yet so far I think it's still enough even to AP monkey to get something done if you get more 150-200dp for 20-30 seconds.

-Also someone mentioned about the free "softcap" gear, well for the dp part of it sucked because you couldn't stack evasion or dr with it properly. So it was kinda meme dp build / worthless dp build. Stacking evasion or dr to ur dp build is actually more important than the dp itself. I got ap gear + I got 400+ dp gear as well, also I tested the free softcap dp gear and it was like 1/10 efficient to my own dp gear. So yes, DP still works very well but renown really got big hit on it still. It should be buffed a little, but not that much as many people tends to think.

For example. 400dp wizard with the reworked PA should go in always first, after enemy uses their skills on him the rest of the team joins the battle and wipes the enemy.

That was just one strategy, but I bet there would be so many more strategies if the "PA meta" would be reworked. I bet there would be even trolling metas and all kind of fun stuff. But the current full ap + PA ruins it all. That's the only working meta atm in the high end game play.

Edit - Also I agree with the renown thing what most people have said, but the truth is they won't delete the current ap scaling system, so I think it's kinda pointless to hope it to be removed. The only hopes for gear diversity / more strategied game plays is buff DP and rework the PA, so we can get more different kind of metas and strategies to the booring meta at the moment.

#WastedPotential

#20 Mattys, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018