1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody do something about warrior preawakening

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Netreiam, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Netreiam

holy ****, I was comparing how shitty the older classes pre awakenings are compared to newer ones for my main (valk) and got curious about the OG of old classes.

Instant regret.

I got cancer looking at your pre awakening skill tree.

Like, WTF is war cry? It made my brain hurt just thinking about how that could even still exist in this game.

Someone help sword and board for the love of god.

#1 Netreiam, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Cyrus Jackson likes this.
  2. Reglub

Exactly. The source of our misery is the total crapola pre awakening. PA balanced awakening skills and left pre awakening almost untouched. Of course classes like ninja with good pre awakenings will dominate.

When these changes first came out I was actually excited. Because it was so bad I thought they were planning a complete overhaul on all the old classes. But it looks like they practice seagull developing. Swoop in, **** everywhere, and leave.

3. Zalryth

Yeah but, this remaster graphic setting makes the chrome on my wheelchair POP.

Shenzaar and Ruffe like this.
  4. WelshSteel

War Cry is a great skill for controlling guild and even world bosses (unless their are an outrageous amount of people at world boss), it's also a range aoe debuff, the range being pretty rare.
    For example when I use War Cry on a guild boss it pretty much stays on me for the majority of the time, very useful to get everyone on a back damage scenerio without moving.

Take off those murder AP glasses and understand that some skills and classes are in the game to perform a role, this isn't as simple as Call of Duty

Averdun likes this.
  5. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

no one is that dedicated to tanking a single boss, its a useless skill full stop, pve isnt that hard at all....

Hayzemet likes this.
  6. WelshSteel

pvp : If you have a guild of top damage dealer classes and you get yourself in the centre of the enemy you'd think you'd apply an aoe all DP debuff as part of your rotation, or no maybe we'll continue acting like we're grinding at naga's and complain about how much better his AP build is than yours (etc etc usual filthy casual rant).

7. Netreiam

Unless the animation can be canceled it’s a long as animation for something classes like valk and striker can do instantly and doesn’t war have stronger dp debuffs on attacking skills?

Point is these skills are outdated af and probably 70-80% of them never see the light of day. Also classes “Should” be in the game to perform a role, I wholeheartly agree. I make tons of suggestions for different classes with this in mind. However PA designed PvE in this game in such a 1 dimensional way that these roles don’t get explored.

When is a ranged skill “needed” in pve?

When does a tank drawing Aggro actually prevent bosses from spamming AoE that kill everyone?

When do you need a class with stealth to grind mobs?

PvE is only about how geared you are so you can 1 shot mobs.

Even in pvp “roles” are useless/nonexistent.

It basically boils down to who can drop the most damage in the largest area the fastest while remaining protected in mass pvp and 1v1 is just who can CC first into 1 combo.

Which is why wiz and ninja are top of those areas.

Meanwhile what is a warrior’s role? Tank? Lol his block gets melted. Damage deal? Other classes do it better apparently. CC? Why when striker and mystic do it better?

8. Decem

Dude seriously ? You are stuck at 2014 in Korea .

9. WelshSteel

Block gets melted, cheez, main a class and actually play top end, cya.

10. Rayin

Are you trying to play WoW with BDO engine? who in his/her right mind would ever use War Cry for anything else than roleplaying or indirectly ask to your opponent to die? even in PvE is not used because it just slows you down and Armor Break does better, debuffing mobs for more DP, damaging them, does a CC and covers anyway the maximum amount of mobs that you can aggro.

I mean, opinions are fine, but that opinion is so wrong that i dunno where to begin with: it's like giving as advice to use Ground Roar to DPS hard entire groups of enemies even if it at best can tickle armpits.
    But this skill, compared to War Cry, can still be used to debuff people in mass, so it's still useful somehow, although it's not necessary.

War Cry is not a skill, is nothing. It cannot be used under any circumnstance and if you use it, it means that you came out from Olvia yesterday.

#10 Rayin, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  11. Bestkk

Bestkk EU

The only good thing about War Cry is to use it after you kill someone just to troll him.

VVolfsrabe likes this.
  12. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

body blocking does not stop cc, the moment you start the skill you'll be on the floor on in less than a sec and dead within 2.

13. okatsu

“Get in the center of the enemy guild and war cry”

Yeesh, this guy doesn’t even play the game does he?

14. Dark Eus

said it so many times... warrior preawaken its so bad that needs delete and total remake from zero! i rly want to see devs playing pre awaken warrior!

15. Jupto

What game are you playing? Cause i just leveled another to under 50 and i could faceroll keyboard killing mobs way higher than my level(level 17 killing level 31+) and at 49 im rolling over mobs with just LMB lol

So where is it that Warrior is weak?
    If you mean PvP, then write it!!!

16. Rayin

Hello, are you EU or NA? i want to see that.
    Where are you farming? what's your gear? do you mind to spend some time with me, so i can level up a Tamer or another Ninja at the same level, with the same gear as yours to see who farms better and how? or any class of your choice, you tell me.
    Then we can do even some PvP.

Let me know, since you gave such a detailed explanation and in two different Warrior threads you came implying that is OP, send me a PM if you don't want to post it in public.

RoakOriginal likes this.
  17. Jupto

Im playing EU and my armor is only 10+ 11+ and weapons are +15. He has 109 AP and 134DP i think.

18. Rayin

Yeah, where do you farm? i can come and see exactly what skill you're using and what rotation you're doing.
    Or if you don't want me to come, just tell me where do you farm.

19. Clain

why is everybody crying about pre-awakening war? I played him when the game came out and he is still my main. I like his pre ki. His spinning slash animation cancelling combo was extremely fun to use and his grab is just delicious. The ground smash is basically a tactical nuke and ground roar is still nice to use for farming. With the forward slash, shield charge, charging thrust and deep thrust you have so many movement spells hardly anybody can catch up to you, or run away. And while scars of dusk(loved that spell) and frencied dash are not good (anymore), piercing spear can still catch some enemies off guard.
    You guys are circlejerking on ONE really bad skill.

20. Rayin

Except that most of old pre-awa kits are gross, while the one of newer classes have i-frames or reliable SA and protections, in the era of pull, no-collision skills, stealth fixed and improved, ranged grabs and agile characters with CC on movement skills.
    And mostly we're talking about mass, 1 vs 1 situations are situational.