1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone need's to take another look at your Garmoth event

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pvar, May 6, 2020.

1. Pvar

Just did Garmoth again, have hit him every time since his revamp, and every time during the Kagtum spawning phase the game is unbearably lagged out, this time it actually forced a crash to desktop.

Prior to Garmoth's tuning these issues were never a thing, this is getting rediculous.

2. asdsadfas

no problem on this end. maybe just you?

3. Korvgubben

Its possible its somehow channel related cuz today was the least laggy Garmoth I've experienced in at least a year while ppl in the guild complained about massive lags.

4. AMeowingCat

Same issue here as well with the Garmoth change. Had 0 issues before hand but now the game just becomes a complete and utter mess after the Kagtum spawns start and its not an FPS issue. The game itself is still smooth but for me its like the game refuses to show me what's going on, players are disappearing and reappearing, the kagtums are stuck in a spot and garmoth is just floating. Then once the Kagtums are all dead the game starts going back to normal until the next set of spawns. Does seem like there's a sort of network issue going on somewhere.

5. Pvar

I'd be completely fine admitting it was on my end, however the hardware I'm using to push this game is insanely overkill, combined with a 1 Gig net connection and the fact I never had issues until after the tuning leads me to believe this is an issue with either the mechanic itself, or as Korvgrubben suggested a channel issue.

6. Kubla

Maybe it is because there are more players participating, the last one had at least three times more players than I have ever seen, it was a sea of them and their mounts, and pets in that valley.

7. zeezero

Hide players. Lower your resolution. Try swapping channels.
    Garmoth is no problem on a good pc. So it's unfortunately on your end.

Valestris likes this.
  8. Pvar

Unfortunately that is just not true, It may very well be on my end, however Garmoth being no problem for a good PC is one of the reasons I'm discussing this.

As stated, there has been no issues prior to the rework and there are no issues with the event outside of the Kagtum phase where we get unnatural spawning lag.

In regards to your suggestions I already know this, I run all events with players hidden and on Very Low graphics, with that being said, I built this PC from the ground up at the beginning of the year, it's running a 2080TI Mated to a Radeon 3900X 12 Core Processor and 32 GIGS of ram on a ROG Crosshair VIII board with a complete custom cooling loop that I built by hand.

Power for this game isn't the issue.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Its Provably a problem on your end.
    Also keep in mind that the update to garmoth was last Wednesday and since the revamp more players than usual are there to try it out. So of course it is .aybe more laggy because all people are in the same area.

10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Low graphic, hidden players, no problem with Garmoth before, still the spawns of Kagtums is also creating problems for me.

11. zeezero

You are running a 3900x and 2080ti and have to lower graphics and hide players?
    Did you plug in both 8 pin connectors to your vid card when you built it?

I'm running a 2080 on an i7-9700k. no issues with garmoth.
    Maybe bad internet or something. I dunno. but you shouldn't be having issues with that rig.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

servers are ****.

Rakjze likes this.
  13. Pvar

I don't have to, I choose to to crank out as many consistent frames as possible during events, more frames equals more damage.

And I'm also running a 1 Gig net connection, consistent testing has me at 800 down 50 Up.

But that's my point, every event outside of the Kagtum phase of Garmoth is clean, there's nothing about my setup, nor my testing that says it should have changed.

I did test swapping channels for yesterdays Garmoth event to Valenica 4 and it was better than Velia 3's was.