1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something vs griefers/karmabombers?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BDO_Nictofilia, Oct 30, 2018.

1. BDO_Nictofilia

Im soooo tired of these guys who cannot just accept their spot has been taken by another player who fairly killed or dueled them or even undergeared players (for the spot) that are just there pulling and trying to kill some mobs being aware there's another player grinding with many exp buffs. So what's the solution? Waste tons of karma and become red player? Thats deffo pointless if killing them wont force them to leave, so pls, lets find solutions to this. For example, respawning in a main city (Grána, Altinova, Valencia...) after being killed several times. Changing server should not be the only option considering some people take the spot or have to fight someone else to take it, also in another server you'll surely find another player to fight against specially in populated spots.

Edit: u know what, nvm. Ppl in forums cant rlly share opinions 100% explained and the main question of this was: ''Whats the point of pk'' but yeah nvm not worth it

#1 BDO_Nictofilia, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

fairly killed? even game itself says something along the lines xxxx was unfairly killed by yyyy :D

Rasta667, Kumiho, Columba and 6 others like this.
  3. BDO_Nictofilia

Seriously tho, if you're grinding, and someone kills you to take it and grind thats fair, that's where you should change server or go to another spot. People just duel instead to save karma doing that (and most of them are polite surprisingly)

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

nothing fair if ghillied ******* 100% bs u in the back or something along those lines :D

Rasta667 and Columba like this.
  5. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Wiz lvl 62 came to sausans where lvl 58 is grinding.

Wiz: Duel (run to little guy and spam duel challange)
    58lvl: ignore this noisy guy and enjoy his PvE
    Wiz: Grieeefeer! Turn on Alt+C and one shot poor PvE player
    58lvl: he just dont care walk back and continue grinding
    Wiz: Grieffer, karmabomber, spot taken, it was fair fight! Leave now!
    58lvl: probably dont even know meaning of this insults so he invite wiz to party..
    Wiz: decline invite, press alt+c and kill poor low level again.

Wiz: continue killing that guy on node and change into full red.
    58lvl: eventualy respawn at kusha to repair items and finish daily quests in Sarma

In meantime

Member of same guild see that his new guy is getting killed in sausans so he go that way. He arrive and kick ass of that wizzard. Red wizzard going to loose his JIN and next two hours cry about karmabombers and grieffers.

TRUE STORRY

Btw do you know that you can declare guild war and kill with no Karma penalty? That pretty much solve all problems that you mention.

Buxx, Rasta667, Kumiho and 2 others like this.
  6. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I highly agree with you here. But some folks logic is shady and cloudy at best. Following the same troublesome logic in game, that Hitler and his kind followed IRL.

Kumiho likes this.
  7. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

I don’t karma bomb. My guild requires its members not to karma bomb. With that said, there is nothing wrong with someone karma bombing or Pking another player. Both actions are within the rules of the game.

People routinely whine about karma bombers and/or PKers. Both mechanics are part of the game. Learn to deal with it. There is no rule stating that the first person that gets to a spot keeps it or that the strongest person keeps it.

Here is what I used to do about karma bombers (I only grind aakman/hystria nowadays and rarely have that issue so don’t bother doing it anymore). I had a 60 or 61 alt near my spot. I transferred gear to the alt via a boat (pirates) or a tent (post tag system since tagged characters can share a tent). I then brought out the alt and repeatedly killed the karma bomber. Why use an alt? I don’t care about lost experience on the alt, and I use a backup bheg gloves without Jin vipers (can’t afford to lose those). I don’t care about going red or wicked on the alt, so karma bombing me does nothing.

But one has many options of dealing with a PKer or Karma bomber. Out grind them. Kill them repeatedly. Swap servers. Get help. Or just change your grind spot.

If you want the game’s rules to change, realize that it likely won’t. Games that punish weaker players with experience penalties and the like do worse than games that cater to newer players. If anything, PKing may be punished more than it currently is (not what I want).

But either way, stop complaining or whining. Work with the system. And if you want to bring about change, post a rational and structured post in the suggestions section rather than a complaint here.

Columba and IWalkAlone like this.
  8. Skulldemon

Killing some lower lvl and lower geared people fairly from behind to take over their spot while they were grinding there long before you is a honest way you're considering here?

Your parents failed hard educating you once. There is no reason for a general solution when this is only your problem (and those of similar neglected children). The only thing you can do now for yourself and the sake of humanity is to visit a social rehabilitation facility. Maybe you get your abandoned education and morality back there.

Rasta667, Ashenvall, Columba and 3 others like this.
  9. devante

Arsha.

Rasta667, Eri 4 and Columba like this.
  10. HooFlungDung

Karma bombing isn't real.

11. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That's completely true. It's actually called Karmaciding! Because that person is not coming through their screen and forcing them to ALT+C and kill them over and over again.

They are actually putting forth the effort to disengage the lock. Then proceeds to killing them over and over again. Then have the nerve to get mad because they are getting punished for being a douche bag. On top of all of this they have the absolute nerve to come to the forms and ***** about it, expecting some kind of pitty. OMGLOL arrogance at it's finest on display here.

Buxx, Rasta667, Eri 4 and 1 other person like this.
  12. bladie

some players aren't in guilds to be able to be deced and some players are in guilds that are undeccable what then :(

13. Stackbrick

Pvp is dead in bdo lol, just wait till vanilla wow, level to 60, go to starting zone and gank all the noobs lmaoo, you can even dance on there bodys and guess what! they cant even cry about what a "bad" person you are because horde/ ally language barrier. Man pvp is fun in an actual mmo and not a cashgrab

14. Arzurag

They don't like players like you and you don't like them. Guess, it's pretty much balanced.
    Also, this is more of a perception-issue, rather than a fault on PA's end.

Rasta667, Eri 4 and Columba like this.
  15. Makena

Karma bombing does not exist. It goes both ways.... they can leave the server or you can because at the end of the day nothing is stopping them from existing in your grind space and or attempting to mess with your grind. That being said I find it hard to even find players grinding much at all... where the hell are you finding players who are not AFK?

16. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

SO you are one of those players that think you OWN the spot, cause u play a class thats good in 1vs1 ?

hahaha

Outgrind me or u can go home! Cause u will waste your time anyways. If u cant outgrind me

Or join Arsha

17. Columba

Learn to Share, Learn To Grind faster, group up, go to Arsha, Dec them, learn to deal with karma losses. Dozens of options....yet you seek to change the rules to favor well geared players. Move on, stop complaining.

Rasta667 likes this.
  18. Columba

See other options above.

19. kuroma2

declare war is the only way to keep them away from your rotation... but it take too long to activate like 10-15 min if they dont declare too. meanwhile that guy keep killing randoms mob on ur rotation.

20. HooFlungDung

Your rotation?

You own the rotation?