1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sor Succession Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by jenisiz7, Jan 8, 2020.

1. jenisiz7

Just started playing with the new succession sorc and it's alright. I'm surprised how slow turn back slash is when not used directly in conjunction with midnight stinger. Its range appears nerfed as well. Any chance this may get sped up to be in oar with Awakenings cast time? Its noticeably slower if not timed right or used alone.

2. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

So how's the dmg, I'm currently at work and this was something i was gonna post. Is it worth it to lose our awakening kit?

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

Compared to berserker it's horrible bad, compared to witch it's broken op.

The siec succession is good and looks good in pve, it has fancy animations and "flying around in superarmor" is lewd.

But berserker just spin to win complete plattons 1vs69

4. jenisiz7

Damage is slightly higher then before so I can see its potential definitely, but because of violation and turn backs slower solo/perfectly timed in chain animations, it's much more difficult to time properly. I wouldn't use these skills outside of combo finishing at all or with midnight. Turn backs range also appears nerfed. I'll need to play with it a few more hours before I decide to switch back...Will follow up in a few.

#4 jenisiz7, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. DarkGG

Ok so overall since in PVP we mainly use pre awakening anyway would you say the succession would be better? Also for pve I'm 261ap would this help grinding at all?

6. jenisiz7

So its def Viable in PVP, but the timing is going to be the tricky part. Failing to time perfectly presents slower animations and succession seems to be more skill capped for that.

7. Haellena

Haellena Valkyrie 62

Balanced

kappa

Vodky likes this.
  8. jenisiz7

More balanced indeed.

PVE is much better so far...

Edit: PVE is slightly better. With the loss of grim reaper grinding can be slower as I used it for one hit kills on manshum often, you'll just have to substitute with pre Awakening skills and execute quicker. Will take some getting used to.

#8 jenisiz7, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  9. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Wonder how it works in Aakman and Hystria. For some reason I hope it is not much better than awakening there because I simply love the scythe...

Samwyn and PeaceInChaos like this.
  10. DarkGG

Yeah that's the biggest thing alot of people love the scythe so succession for me has to be noticable better, I'm also not a big grinder anymore, mainly just lifeskill and pvp

11. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Even if my loss going to be between 0 and 50% i am going for it. Absolutly hate that farming tool that we did get as weapon years ago.

#NoMoreFarmingToolsAsWeapons

Fateneko, PeaceInChaos and Ansilo like this.
  12. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Ok, just tried it and I don't like it at all. It feels like a lot of flexibility got removed since everything but 2 skills are basically the same as non-awakening with fancy animations and more damage.
    But what throws me off the most ist the MP consumption. Every skill uses MP including violation, which used stamina before. It feels like sorc now has the same mana issues as DK with no good way to recover it.

I will stick to awakening, no matter if the damage of succession is better or not.

13. DarkGG

Thanks for the info, this sounds like a game changer, since i ise to main dk as well and Mana was horrible till the stamina changed happen.

Fateneko likes this.
  14. jenisiz7

Agreed, you require using MP regen add ins for viability but it does allow for more iframes...not sure an equal tradeoff. It helps substantially...but I can see where that's gonna cost in PVP

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  15. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

In the short time I've played with Succession (I'm at work, can't play much right now, just dabble), for one: It's pretty. Looks great. I also like the way Violation feels, jumping in the air with pretty particle effects feels good, but this is just practicing abilities...haven't tried on mobs or people yet, but will try it out a bit later. For two: it feels...weird. For three: consumes mana like crazy.

Good to hear it's "slightly" better in PvE from your guys' experience though, will try it at Star's End to see (TBH, a little nervous, but whatever), thanks.

One thing that was glaring to me was the need to Shift+Z to chain Engulfing Shadow after Succession DF. It's in a funky-feeling spot, especially with 'X' right next to it. I have ES keybinded to '2', and it flowed pretty smoothly in-and-out of abilities using the keybind as opposed to manual key-stroke, having to manually key-stroke in specific scenarios, like for cancelling animations. I'd use the keybind after Dark Flame to extend protection, for example. Now, the keybind doesn't 'flow' after Succession DF - there's a delay while you wait out the animation - and the only way to quickly Rabam is to use the manual key-stroke. Or maybe not, gonna have to fiddle with it a bit more, or get used to it.

As of now, it feels clunky, but not seemingly too much to overcome. Worst comes to worse, I don't mind sticking with Scythe...fell in love with that 'farming tool' (xD) the moment it was dropped. I prefer to be PvP ready more than PvE, so Scythe it may be...but we'll see.

16. jenisiz7

Yeah, there's many nuances with abilities now that didnt seem to be present in awakening...I'm surprised that Awakening Abilities seem to flow much much better with succession. Turn Back seems quicker after midnight and E, but the range looks nerfed...all in all it's not too bad...but I'll need a week to say for sure.

Edit: wow, hold C right after E...instant cast turn back and violation....no direction needed and quick cast too lol, newbie friendly for sure.

Ellevria and PeaceInChaos like this.
  17. AaronOrion

Uhm, i've practiced succession for a bit and fought a few succession sorcs, and honestly, I don't really like succession.

Ever since this awakening 2.0 was announced for sorc I've kept an eye out on pvp videos, farming, skill showcase, it just didn't interest me at all compared to regular good ol' awakening scythe. After I tested it today for a while, ended up going back to awakening and fought some other succession sorcs....

Succession is more focused on ranged attacks and in frequently dashing out of combat than awakening. It's faster, deals slightly more damage and has a badass 100% (while casting you got SA and it causes constant stiffness around the enemies while dealing lots of dmg, then shoots of a massive ball that can one-shot 320 dp players if you have 250+ AP). Unfortunately, and it was exactly what I was expecting, you are MUCH more vulnerable in succession than in awakening. You no longer have a block, your FG's are based on dark flame and violation (both gone during CD), and you are more focused in dashing away and throwing DoD and other skills like the new combo for blood calamity.
    It also feels clunkier to use? Maybe that's on me, because i'm just so used to awakening (and awakening also felt clunky when I got it first). Maybe we need more practice, but I definitely prefer awakening. Succession just feels boring to use, you've got 2 new skills (violation and backwards slash), some new flashy effects and a whole lotta Stam and MP consumption. Hopefully the succession for my 2nd main (witch) isn't as disappointing as sorc's succession.

18. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Yo that holding c right after crow flare though...pretty cool! Now to figure out how to incorporate that given 'X' situation. Thanks for the discovery!

19. jenisiz7

So it does have its drawbacks but ultimately bc of the increased damage, theres more viable combos if timed properly that allow for ALOT of variation. I can do about 4 different combos on a different pack of mobs at manshum without repeating moves...that's nice for me. I'm sticking with it...love the new bloody calamity and it can still be cast off side dash.

20. Aiwen

I like it. bit of a learning curve for muscle memory again. Lots of new comboing options and especiallly like that the dark fragments are now used more and not just flying about for couple skills. Would be interested to see how much "range, dmg and ap" increase they are as said in the skills. Only really missing the smooth movement with sideways + lmb on scythe.