1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sor Succession Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by jenisiz7, Jan 8, 2020.

1. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Crow Flare seems to have a slight linger on it, kind of like the Scythe C swap animation

2. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Agreed. After playing it a while now I really like it even though I miss the scythe. It feels a lot more like a sorc somehow, like the magic class it is. And being able to just get every skill there is even though I probably never use it is a nice bonus at the moment.

What I wonder now is if it is worth for me to get a TET Offin to reach the 269 bracket even though this means loosing accuracy ( with alchemy stone I am currently at 403 accuracy so Offin would bring me down to 383). Some of the new skills have pretty decent accuracy modifiers so maybe Offin is becoming an option now.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. chendu

that and the succession gives you a passive that strenghten most of your non awak base skill too, including the rabam skills

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  4. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Succession suprised me in good way. I loved Playing sorc before awakening. Now after so many years i enjoy Playing sorc again.

Trade is simple

Negatives
    - mobility
    - block
    - swap block
    - Nightmare iframe
    - little less aoe
    - bigger difference between dmg when using skill on/off cooldown
    - mana consumption
    - more hard cooldowns
    - faster fragment of Darkness consumption

Positives
    + special dmg (nice combos to down/Back attack)
    + better range dmg
    + dmg boost to all preawa skills
    + better dmg from horse
    + super armor and frontal blocks
    + less Stamina consumption on skills
    + faster fragment of Darkness gain
    + bloody calamity can heal almoust 12 000hp when properly used (much more than we need)

Conclusion

Succession have higher skill cap and offers higher rewards. Most cancels are posible but you need to be even faster than before. Resources management Is also harder but managable. Mistakes get you more punished cuz you have less defence and more hard cooldowns. Succession Is way to go.

#44 Cahir, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Terra_Atlus, Xairen and PeaceInChaos like this.
  5. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I'd say go for it. I went from Kzarka to Offin and never looked back. In my opinion, Offin is for early-game-end game, like 269 - 281 AP and Kzarka and Blackstar is better for mid-game-end-game (285 - 297 AP) and PEN Kzarka or PEN Blackstar is BiS for end-game-end-game (301 AP+). I'm 285 AP ATM... loving Offin, but I think Kzarka would be better at the same AP because of the accuracy.

I'd def recommend going Offin with level 4 Caphra's. 269 AP is a huge bracket for Sorc.

Same, loving Succession and getting used to the feel, but missing my Scythe. Hopefully they can balance out the Stances so that they actually feel like a user-choice thing rather than a what-deals-the-most damage choice because Scythe is objectively, 100%, not even an opinion, more bad-ass xD

Serendipity likes this.
  6. Dahlaine

For grind it seems that it's strong, but requires a little bit more attention.

I tested on Ronaros and Polly Forest and it seems that succession can be of benefit for a bit harder spots, but ones that are far below your gear level (246 tet Kutum for me) are significantly less comfortable.

On aesthetic side scythe is a cool weapon, very sorc-like and I miss it a bit for this reason.

7. Spectrari

Only things i would nerf Succession:

remove +30 shards on successful block from Crow Flare
    remove S+C animation cancel for AF, and a bit reduce damage from instant AF after NC.

I want to keep full AF damage untouched even if used while on cooldown if sorc manually casts it. Coz cast time is really long and unprotected.