1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc deserved nerfs, and soon warrior/valk

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by venus212, Feb 10, 2019.

1. venus212

At least you are the most honest guy in my thread. claps.

2. venus212

I'm not sure about you tbh, but what is your whole point? Do you have any nutritious opinion about those issues i pointed out in thread about sorc/ warrior /valk?

3. Auxey

Probably trolling. Clearly one of those people who judge on classes they never even touched. Ignore and move on.

Souda and Kerenis like this.
  4. Kerenis

Kerenis Valkyrie 61 EU

tbh i can see your point, you got bamboozled by sorc/ warrior/ valk and now you need bepis

5. venus212

Well, At least more player will see the issues. I'm gonna leave this fantastic argument here.
    Peace.

6. Kerenis

Kerenis Valkyrie 61 EU

There was no issue in the 1st place tho and you just being arrogant while not even giving legit arguments / reasons

7. Gendouki

Hello im himawarin and im a veteran valk that plays the class since april 2k16 and has been in guilds such as enemy.

even thou i have always been a valk main i have played sorceress (semi-competitively 4 months),lahn(competitively 6 months),tamer(semi-competitively 1year),ranger (2 months) and fought against all classes in bdo for quite a huge amount of time (2+ years), so i belive my opinion on the matter is quite reliable.

i have done a few posts addressing the valk/warrior situation (mostly focused on valk) but i will start by addressing the sorceress issue first:

so as of right now sorceress is one of the top 3/4 classes in bdo (next to mystic/ninja and maybe striker) due to her high burst dmg (with skills such as rabam) and relatively safe mobility with night crow,dark flame and lets say nightmare and its flow requiem (yes even thou you can be cc in it).
    her fast ability casts allows her to swap between offensive and defensive with relative ease and effectiveness, but your argument forgets one core problem with the removal/toning down of her iframes, since sorceress was a class designed around her iframes the developers didnt give much frontal guard or super armor abilities (in fact after making a document recently detailing all classes protected abilities i found out sorc is second place in least protected skills out of all classes next to ranger) and as such if you removed her iframes without giving her protections elsewhere she would become probably the most useless class in all of bdo.

this is the list (without the rabams)
    upload_2019-2-12_13-33-42.png
    now notice that im not defending sorceress from the fact that she is quite overprotected compared to most classes while having an insane burst (especially after that travesty that the wound system is) but im saying that the way you would go about nerfing/tuning sorceress is not as one dimensional as you think.

You are actually wrong with your argument there is actually one class that can spam iframe more than sorc and here name is lahn
    (her ebuff allows her to spam this skill with no stamina cost aswell)
    upload_2019-2-12_13-37-15.png
    upload_2019-2-12_13-38-28.png

Now with the sorceress section addressed time to address this:
    My first question is this: Do you actually understand what frontline tank means?
    A frontliner is a person that soaks dmg for the raid to allow the backline to attack or the person that protects the mages and rangers from oncoming attackers such as assasin class or disruptor classes (like mystic).

Second question:what is the biggest obstacle to front lining on bdo?
    Ranged aoe cc with debuffs
    is probably the biggest issue in both nodewars and large scale as it cripples your enemy before they get near you and this is the reason why raids need to have a tanky/stationary/reliable frontline that will not get cced by ranged cc.

Almost every class in bdo has a block and alot of them even get the luxury of having an iframe so what does our frontliners have that distinguishes them from them? super armor on the block to allow them to stand their ground.

Without super armor on frontal guard warrior is probably the most useless class in large scale (they kinda already are) and valk is a class that just flops over before she even gets to the main raid due to her insanely high cooldowns and low amount of protected skills.

Recently both valk and warrior where buffed which proves your argument even more wrong as it seems pearl abyss acknowledged the flaws on the classes and chose to address them (although the changes on valk left a bit to be desired since they were mostly focused on 1v1).

fun fact: the average cooldown of protection skills for valk is 31.4s and the highest cd of protection skills is attributed to wizzard at exactly 39s

I also stated this on a previous tread about valkyries
    Pros:
    - high burst
    - decent support ability
    - decent survivability
    - good cc kit

Cons:
    - extreme stamina issues
    - No iframes
    - lack of super armors in pre aw or huge cds on said sa skills (ex: heal on pre aw or lancia lustitae on aw)
    - gaps at the start of most sa skills (including block)
    - can be pressured by almost every class in the game outside maybe witch

Also you seem quite surprised when ppl consider your post a bait and a meme but you just rant about these classes without doing any research yourself and you claim to have played every class but show lack of basic knowledge about them, you also suggest drastic changes but dont provide in depth solutions to the problems that would arise after said solutions.

I will rate this post as 2/10 low effort thread with little to no relevance to the community.
    I will also not post any further replies so consider this my first and last post on this thread

p.s - lingering super armor is not really a thing anymore outside of certain skills in certain classes

#107 Gendouki, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. nmysliwski

Ninjas are so gutted we only got Q block in awakened. Only class without an S block.

9. RaceTrack

So you want a valk that has no protection on skills but block (which is deleted in no time vs softcap people) and no SA'd movement to be nerfed.
    so you just want them to take away our block then I suppose and leave us completely exposed? yea guess thats fair......

10. Cascaden

Man...this was an empty and illiterate post.

#110 Cascaden, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When you press RMB with ninja, you go into transition stance as you see in the picutre. It is FORWARD GUARD. In transition stance, you can use ****+ w/s and do a small iframe. So as i told you before, spamming rmb will actually do nothing but give you forward guard while changing to transition stance. Most ninjas will chain ghoststep (superamor -> iframe -> superarmor, 1 second cooldown) with transition stance (forward guard while changing to transition stance) and then in transition stance they use silent charge for another iframe to then start the same with ghoststep again.
    And now pls go make a ninja and try it out yourself if you still don't believe me...you're just becoming a joke at this point.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

...Does all your knowledge of Ninja come from that sh*tty Leyvan tutorial video from late 2017/early 2018?

[​IMG]
    Mind you, this is from an older clip last year, but it still works exactly the same.
    As much as you're right about transition having frontal guard and I appreciate the effort, that's c-swap and it's referring to that when you c-swap, frontal guard is applied, not transition stance. Transition stance's frontal guard isn't on a tooltip, iirc.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

It doesn't say specifically, but it applies to transition stance as the switch between normal awakening stance and transition stance is treated like a c-swap.

14. fenzz

why are people still replying to that idiot.. it is obvious he has no idea what the hell he is talking about and i though a 6 pages sorc discussion is actually gona be interesting..

15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You mean like valks? Block -> vacuum -> ult -> all dead before backline can even reach anything? :-)

16. Netreiam

Eh, nani? Explain? Not only does she have no (viable) protected CCs (decent sized AoE and SA), she also has relatively slow and/or small unprotected CC skills. The only good CC in our entire kit is Vacuum which is on a 25s CD and due to latency is not reliable or precise.

Meme-ing valk ult has been debunked to the point where even trolling about meme-ing it is a dead joke, just stop.

Muhaha likes this.
  17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

18. Kusaragii

#118 Kusaragii, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    The Skulltaker and Muhaha like this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

It's not like sieges never lag and have heavy rubberbandings.

20. Netreiam

and its not like if that was the case then you were ****ed anyway and any class could have waltzed in and annihilated your poor laggy group if they couldn't respond to a single person in 4s.

You complaining about valk ult is like a level 20 scrub with 200gs complaining that he gets 1 shot by everyone in pvp.

Sucks for you, but mostly your fault and easily avoidable.

The Skulltaker and Muhaha like this.