1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

From my experience, with Sorc, you'll need a minimum of 261 ap to reliably secure kills on CC'd opponents with soft cap dp (300 dp). 253, 257, sure you can one combo, but it may require you to execute 1-3 more skills for the killing blow. I don't claim to be a "god tier" Sorc player by any means, I think I'm not bad, but I do mess up with misclicks too much for my liking (very easy to misclick with Sorc's abilities and cooldowns, since misclicks can result in unintended cancels, or the "roll of shame" when you're in Scythe and try to i-frame on cooldown, or the "jump of shame" with a misclick or desync LUL), so maybe the god Sorcs with mechanics like Macilus, Kingofallsands, SlimShadiiBDO can do it with less ap, but for normal people, 261 MINIMUM is what you need to be effective against soft cap dp. I'm pretty low ap too, which doesn't help my case (263 Nouver), and personally, I feel 269 ap would be the right ap for me to feel the true power of this class. Working on my mechanics and gear. That being said, you'll need as most ap as you can get against Striker and Mystic, Sorc's so-called "hard-counter".

This OP doesn't know jack about Sorc, yet makes claims to nerf one the class' primary mechanic. Not only does Sorc require tons of practice to get her inputs and cancels on point, but also is a class that REQUIRES good gear. This takes time and lots of dedication and effort--- now, please tell me, HOW THE F IS THIS "OVER - POWERED" ??? You don't faceroll with Sorc. You need to know her inputs, when to use them, and how to properly combo them with cancels. You're constantly engaged in the heat of battle since even in the backline, you can get blown up if you're not playing right, unlike Archer who can find many opportunities to breathe and reposition in the backline. You misclick ONCE, you die since Sorc isn't tanky unless meme build. OP doesn't make sense to me at all. His only reason is he can't catch a Sorc and gets bursted (signifying his opponent is not only geared, but has good mechanics). How is this a viable argument when you see Sorcs (normal humans to the controls) DIE left and right everywhere???

My personal conclusion on this thread's original poster and his purpose with making it = Just a self-absorbed nobody in game, who'd rather have others suffer if it means he can shine.

#321 PeaceInChaos, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Alextrazsa and Serendipity like this.
  2. PeaceInChaos

And the OP here plays Ninja? One of the BEST classes against Sorc in 1v1, with his ability (like Kuno) to i-frame around, while blocking, ability to blink behind for easy back attacks/cc's, AND with a grab (i-frame class with a grab WAT?) Talking about Sorc being "overpowered" huh, playing an i-frame class with a grab who can one combo in 1v1 scenarios with, what, 230 - 240 ap?? Talk to me about FACEROLL again with that insta-back blink.

Dafuq is this thread.

#322 PeaceInChaos, May 25, 2019
  3. Failbot

I've witnessed a 199 AP sorc one combo a 300 DP mystic.

You must be doing something very, very wrong.

4. PeaceInChaos

Proof? Also, what's the Sorc's accuracy / off-hand / accessories.

5. BeastCK

There NO f*** way with this AP to one combo a 300 DP mystic. Except mystic was just staring at him and didn't CC at all

6. Bauglin

Here you go,
    One of the clips is with 214, the other one with 199, don't remember which is which.
    The sorc is a trial character. The zerker is also a trial character. I believe the maehwa has 296 DP.
    I'm the mystic being hit in the clips, 296 DP as well, with just over 4k hp buffed, not a trial character. Running cron meal and villa in the clips.

https://gyazo.com/01995053aa6f0fb72b2bedcaae34a9ab.gif
    https://streamable.com/jwp1v
    https://streamable.com/0v3qw

#326 Bauglin, May 25, 2019
  7. thdsm

I see a sorc with a perfume, draught, z buff, q buff and both crit buffs do a combo you don't normally do in full like that on two still standing opponents (who have no defensive addons running and willingly take the magic dp debuff on top). Not really proving anything because in an actual fight this happens like never. Also there is no gear being shown. Pretty much every class can do tons of dmg in a staged scenario like this.

#327 thdsm, May 25, 2019
  8. Exaah

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/5f47074a267a81cabaca19bf4fde5720

Xenon likes this.
  9. Terror

If you still get caught in block jump, you are just a bad player.

Xenon likes this.
  10. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Chill ma dude. 85% of the people here are here for the lulz. I see only hipsters, trolls and wannabe pro`s about a class they don't understand.

11. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

or maybe you're the one who doesn't understand the other classes and you don't realize that your class is too OP, or you probably know it and it makes you comfortable that it is.

12. LordCrusty

On Paper Sorc has the potential to be one of the most OP classes in the game in my opinion so i can see why people say it's OP without playing it, never payed it myself honestly so these are just my observations.

The class can get upwards of 5k HP i believe( think it has similiar HP standards to a wizard and my wiz can get 5k), the class has Super high evasion base stats and skill effects/addons, the pre-awaken passive gives defense, it has a 13 DP self buff, the class can iframe to avoid any damage ( stamina dependent) and the class is among the top 5 in end game grinding. It can also go invisable and move into a group over short distances to sorc ball( seen a 281 AP sorc hide then move while hidden into a cluster of people and sorc ball wiping them all out) and the class has a Q block( not the best q block but it's pretty decent)

#332 LordCrusty, May 25, 2019
  13. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I would say the same if I would play a "Maehwa".

14. Jexz

Some ninjas I can avoid it Others as soon as i see the logs i'm already grabbed. Is this a FPS discrepancy for the ninjas?

15. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

For this reason it makes no sense to make these discussions, we must rely on facts and numbers, I often see Sorc untouchable for long periods chased by multiple classes that can not in any way but exasperate to hit that class, now we will all be idiots? would we all be not good classes against the sorc? no it is not possible, in the balance you should lose this ability by compensating with something different if there was a need, but some things in this game cannot be seen, and it also applies to other classes.

16. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Well. I'm sorry for those people who can't catch a sorc. If you can't catch it, why you chase it? Sorc was always build around dodging, hit and run. And why? It has a high evasion scale, and it's made of paper.

The game is forcing people to go full ap/dr monkey. But this doesn't help against some classes.

17. MalGuldur

As a ranger i can confirm that sorcs feels very op.Perma god mode and if you dare aproach you get nuked from behind.If i bow stance i receive ranged kds.There is nowhere safe against a sorc.I cant push them back either when they charge in because they are litteral ghosts that iframe desync 80% of my grabs.

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  18. Flesh007

Sorс has a recoilless iframes shift+a/d. With improved endurance, she can use it more than 11 times continuously. This is her only problem. And you argue about her AP. LOL!!! Are you okay, guys?

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

people have issues with them coz everyone is paper in current game state. ;) and paper that doesnt get hit .... well.... u know. ;D

20. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

OK so anyone who sees a Sorc have to ignores her, because she dodges you so much and kills you ... and this is a balanced situation?

Or I have the only **** class that moving between the adversaries risk being killed? I didn't know what the hell it was an exlusive of my class, I must certainly reroll..

The next time a Sorc kills one at a time I'll just build sand castles so I would just become his next victim since I can't hit him and if I try, she jumps behind me in a nanosecond making me go down..

nice class, dodge in complete safety do CC 1 skill and kill, forward the next victim..

are you paper? I made of tissue paper!

#340 Kurtferro79, May 25, 2019