1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. BboydD

On arsha 241 is low gear. We are speaking about 270 ap+ sorc who can danse in iframe and instantly 2-shot you with this ****ing desync you hit her when she is hitting you and she don't recieve the cc (sorc don't have protected cc but thanks to desync) PA will not solve the desync problem then the other way is nerfing these canserous desync lingering iframes

2. Bnna

yeah man, those lingering desync based iframes jeez, please nerf

3. RIPTOR

Some basic actions to learn and counter the main sorc skills, if you need practice its ok but thats dont do it better than mae in all, and on stamina battle the best management its for you as mae not for the sorc, we loss 50 times more fast than you the stamina and we have more risky recovers than you. just learn how to do it and learn to play with anticipation that every good player must do to dont fall 100 times in the same point

and for you my little boy dsync affect ALL in this game i die a LOOT of times in the MIDDLE of some iframes or i get CCed in Iframes due to Dsync, i dont cry for dont have SA on my skills to make more easy the dsync problems

4. YouShallnotPassz

this isn't wow, crying and complaining begging for a class to get nerfed wont happen that way, you need to show data and proof that a class needs nerfed not " its op nerf now". even with proof doesn't mean it will happen, if your complaining because you think your toon is more powerful and should , again this isn't wow, a nerf may not happen.

RIPTOR likes this.
  5. Jexz

Well no **** Iframes are better than SA.
    If you get hit out of an I Frame its because your opponent predicted where you are going to be. Not reacted to where you are.

RIPTOR likes this.
  6. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

For the facts it is enough to stay in RBF for a long time, and things are seen, guides are there and I already know them for a long time, this does not mean that they are always practicable or they are manna from heaven, vice versa I could tell you studied my class and you can identifies his weak points, that the iframe ability is the most powerful in the game I think it is enough to know the game and know it, and Sorc can abuse it.

7. RIPTOR

yes they are better, but the fact he "cry" is about dsync + iframes = untouchable inclusive with no protections, all that i say about dsync is "i die TONS of times on iframe due to dsync, inclusive i perform a iframe and dissapear from the "target" zone and appear down on another side, thats is dsync too and i dont cry about dsync saying "i dont have sa to avoid dsync problems on my skills" like mr boy do saying dsync make iframe extend to CC and go again on iframe wiouth punish, sorry if i dont explain it good, im not english native

8. RIPTOR

I know your class weakpoints and my class weakpoints... and BOTH can be killed just making a fast anticipation o counter some skills in the right time, i have the strongest iframe on the game in my class yes, but i have my weakpoints too, if you cant understand the spam on iframes just "Burn stamina" its ok, remember this i loss 250 per NC you loss 50 per Chase, i have a VERY low time on SA with GRJ 0.5 secs maybe? or one in ES with a hort duration too..... and only block on Dark Flame or swaps, if you cant anticipate, presure or counter the rest of time ok, but is your problem not a retarded op problem

9. Bnna

does somebody have the tournament table of the the group stage from the other week where ftp played mystic and/or the footage somewhere? cuz it's not on twitch anymore and the group stage of that week is not available anymore too

10. Jexz

You don't cry because Iframes benifite from Desync. you are not where your opponent sees you on his screen.

1v1 you have to assume the sorc is going to go behind you because other than that there are endless possiblities. If you get CC'd through a SA your opponent probably just got his CC off before you hit your SA. Big difference

To get grabbed out of your Iframe I have to grab Air and you have to Iframe into . EVEN THEN you are likely to get out of my grab while in my screen you are about to hit the ground.

#370 Jexz, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  11. RIPTOR

i dont cry because i play instead cry, i dont see how my opponent see in her screen and he dont see what i see so; sometimes dsync **** him and some times **** me, and this succes with ALL CLASES and ALL KNOCK DOWN or CC Skills, youre come to say me you never see dissapear on the ground another guy that be knockdown in front of your face ¿? or you never be CCed on a SA/Iframe skill or never make a CC on a player that perform it ?

12. Jexz

None so prevalent as to what Iframes bring. I'm going to end it there. I wasn't calling for nerfs or buffs. i'm not geared or knowledgeable enough to balance this game. Just the comparison of i frames and SA in the manner and way you did was off putting.

13. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

You forgot other source of stam consumption for our main cc source/move:
    -dragonbite=150
    -sleetstep=150(once in a while/cancel redmoon if no cc)
    -~2 dash needed per sorc iframe.
    -royal rage=150
    Maehwa stam depletion is really fast,keeping 100% of the time pressure against a sorc lead to both parties with no/very low stam without using major CD(once every 2.00 min effective cd maehwa have stam advantage).

#373 dobe, May 27, 2019
  14. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Mae consume 100 stamina on dash and use stamina for some other skills, difference i get dmg in that time (and grab), you no, you are faster dodge e cc than mae with more range cc, we have a frontal dash collision, so for doge you and hit we have to do 180 rotation and dash back (hardest), in this time you just need to wait me dodge in totaly safe e cc back because most skill we have are FG, do you play in RBF? there you can see mae just dash hit and run away, we can do only this or we die instant, sorc stay long time and fight near avversary base for most time vs plus opponents and come out a thick winner or at least unharmed.

You can't just rely on numbers, on the simple duel that is not the same as the mass pvp where there are many more variables in play, we must also consider the dynamics, my class for how it fights much of the stamina that already has it consumed to engage and whereas we should reserve enough for disengage, in fighting we need to reposition ourselves continuously in a different way, once bypassing the target completely, sometimes passing through it, also because the damage must avoid it, it is not enough for us to skip it like a sorc, so we have to move more traveling longer distances and consume stamina faster, example witch cast voltaic, you can stay near and safe we have to dash back and get dmg after we have to try another engage when you are already nearest she, for dash back and dash forward i consume a lot of stamina and i get dmg, what is better?

#374 Kurtferro79, May 27, 2019
  15. levinano

Preface by saying I'm not for nerfing sorc, just buffing Mae

In addition to things everyone else has said (Chase being only movement/protection/engage and other engage skills also using stamina, SA also being non-grab-proof), the one thing that makes Sorc's a lot harder to deal with compared to Mae and Musa is AoE CCs and invisibility. No I'm not even complaining about going invis to heal for a technical V situation, I'm just talking bout NC's teleportation. It's a lot easier for the eye to keep track of a glowing object moving in a straight line than something that disappears and appears somewhere else. Having quick AoE CCs complements this amazingly as unlike us, who's main engage CCs are mostly linear (Blind Thrust, Dragon Bite, Stigma, Royal Rage), Sorcs, when avoiding FGs, doesn't have to appear right behind you, instead they can appear either to your left, or right, or literally anywhere 180 degrees of that FG making their attacks completely unpredictable, whereas when fighting other classes, if they want to back attack your FG it's pretty obvious where they're going to be and how far away they are.

By no means is Sorc the only class like this as Ninja and Kuno is like this too with Ghost+Ninja Step, but the difference is that those classes have 0 protected engages and no spammable/rotatable instant AoE CCs. Back when Blade Spin and Tendon Cutter CCed I would put them on the same level of annoying-to-fight with Sorcs though, but right now, Behead and Flash Slash are the only large AoEs (SA Smokescreen with its stun and +18% eva is still pretty OP imo but I digress) they've got and it's slow casted. No matter how good you are on Ninja it's pretty obvious where they can come from (as long as your reactions and fingers can keep up with their piano rift) and Chase physically counters Block Jump (if you predict when they'll use it, eg bait with a second of block, and back Chase). Stuff like Murderous Intent where they move quickly and disappear you can also account for because you know where they'll engage from, another Back Dash countered skill. Sorc, on the other hand, is a lot more unpredictable.

Like I said, I'm not for Sorc nerfs at all (mainly because there are plenty of other classes that are just as annoying to fight, *ahem* SA Grab classes), I just thought I'd give my two cents on why I find fighting Sorcs slightly more annoying than some classes like other Maes and Musas.

Kurtferro79 and RIPTOR like this.
  16. thdsm

This is not because of desync, but because of you not knowing the difference between just hitting and landing the cc tick of your ability. CC always prioritizes the attacker so learning to time the cc tick with sorc using a skill would let you cc them quite often. To be fair though, this is not the very basic level, but intermediate, or in other words - far beyond anything you are ever likely to reach.

Not going to happen, because if someone would actually try to collect data to present they would discover that sorcs aren't producing any kind of outrageous results, in fact they are very much in-line with what is expected of a decent and balanced class. So once they realise this, they would just fall back to using random anecdotes such as "I once saw a sorc get 900 trillion points in RBF while only using iframes!!" as "evidence".

17. BboydD

Another argument from a guy who expect learn to others with 3 years experience in bdo PVP how to play to justify his class isn't broken.

Just look at that, isn't my opinion, it's common opinion. (Just behind mystic)
    IMG_2685.jpg

#377 BboydD, May 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
  18. Bnna

common opinion isn't worth **** in any kind of pvp based mmo since 99% of the players are garbage and their opinion is worth nothing. balance for the masses never worked and never will. best example of this is this poll - and then already useless results even get screwed over another time by a guy who cuts out a fragment out of it to make it look like people only voted for sorc being op.

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

99% of opinions are garbage but your opinion counts right? most idiotic statement ever...
    the mass decides if you will accept it or not and exactly 3 classes peak out of this poll.
    sorc, ninja and mystic. so you need where the nerfs need to go. probably archer now as well since archer were to fresh back then.

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  20. fenzz

he is right though, balance changes that are based on the opinions of the masses are dumb and no one ever balance ANY pvp game based on the opinions of the casual mass who are horrible at the game.

take sc2 for example. imo the most balance rts game that has 3 distinctly different races. you think this crap could have been balanced if it was based on the opinion of the bronze to plat or even diamond level players? people who click their abilities and dont even box their units properly let alone use control groups and camera hotkeys?

that poll is based on the opinions of people on the forum. which are mostly horrible players who dont even play the game let alone pvp..