1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Sorc does need a burf, nerf buff. She doesn't have the greatest protected skills, its the 0s cd iframe tele skill cancel that carries her so hard.
    If her iframes/skill canceling was nerfed, she'd probably need a buff, but on other things. Like some more protections on skills, another get away mechanic, or somethin.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

[​IMG]

3. Bnna

4. Vodky

Her iframes/canceling skills is a big part of her gameplay. I can't imagining PA change thoses, it will bring even more issues. They are just doing okei. Sorc are definitly not a Fotm class. I think it's just more about fixing others classes like maehwa/tamer/ranger...

5. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

There are so many classes that do too much damage simply passing by, musa is one of them, witch is another 1 shot with average AP, kuno with the new buff, archer is not joking, but sorc have the advantage of their strong protection, but this is the pvp we want? this is possible only because PA wants to make money on the rerolls and on the fact that to get a gear like this you need a lot of caph = buy dresses and make thousands of cronstone and try until you're lucky, here you go into the Olympus of "strong" players .

Who says it is not p2w this game because they buy the valupack at market did not understand anything about the game again.

Attached Files:

6. Stillwaters

I guess because I'm an older gamer,I see things differently. If I can't beat someone,I will keep trying until I figure out; I enjoy the challenge.

I also know my limitations,since I'm abit older my reflexes are slower and stuff. In all the games I've played there is always a couple players that excel at some classes and make them seem OP.

But its work ,they work their asses off to get to that point,its not like just mashed buttons,they've made playing their class looking easy ; but they spent tons of time practicing to get to that point.

If my old ass can take down a sorc and witch duo on my kuno it should be possible for most of you younger crew.

You just have to put in the work,I realized after almost 2 years wizard just wasn't meant for me; so I rolled a kuno and finally started defending my spot.

That being said I've seen a couple witch,wizards do well even in a tournament (horsey) they didn't win but they did damn good.

You just need to find the class you click with and practice,don't give up; and stop trying to ruin other peoples fun by screaming for nerfs.
    Put your big boy pants on and work to get better

Fateneko and Xairen like this.
  7. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Oh my frick. Please let this meme die already.

Ashenvall likes this.
  8. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Wise words.

Stillwaters likes this.
  9. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Yeah, this is why I don't like saying nerf sorc, because shes probably the hardest class to change anything on.
    Because nerfing iframes/skill canceling could destroy the class, and can't really say buff the class either, because then she'd be way too op.

Thats why the only thing I could really think of is if they did do any nerfs to her, she'd need a new mechanic or somethin to balance the nerf.

10. Bnna

they should not ****ing touch working class concepts. there are not many of them left.

Stillwaters and thdsm like this.
  11. fenzz

sorc is possibly at a very good balance spot. its very powerful in the right hands. but still midcore at largescale and has its weak spots aswell. if anything, other classes should be buffed abit. however i still think people way over estimate how powerful sorcs are. they are strong in 1v1, but midcore in largescale. there are plenty of classes that excel at both.

12. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

Just trade some iframe with SA, it don't change class concept just only give some nerf on the defence balanced to others class.

Kyraios likes this.
  13. fenzz

tbh, while i would like to get protected damage. it will break sorcs much more than iframe nerfs will.
    people dont understand this. but protected damage is much more powerful than iframes or any other defensive ability that is just used for evading or blocking damage without dealing any.

the only reason sorcs are not gods in mass pvp is that we lack protected damage trades. so even at very high gear, we are still midcore at best.

Stillwaters likes this.
  14. Bnna

that wouldn't work. you just need to look at lahn to realize this is not a working concept. 1 sec cd iframe even with SA while its on cd, even higher tankiness with an hp passive, a way to chain 3 iframes once every 5 seconds on demand and way higher when even very unflexible mobility in case of lahn - and you STILL have huge problems with getting rekt in your SA like you dont have any gear on.

the way how the class design in the game works is that there has to be huge compensation for a class to be able to run an SA based build. that is either ridiculous amounts of tankiness and a melee design like striker, mystic, zerk, valk and war. those classes can soak easely the double amount of damage of a sorc plus they have higher sustain - especially zerk with on demand heals. all of them also have grabs. or being squishy but with insane ranged options like archer and witch. and im in no way saying that all of those classes are strong - but that is the idea behind their class design. in a lot of hybrid cases like mae this concept already starts to fail bc despite almost infinite mobility and very fast ridiculous burst it still isn't enough compensation to make up for a squishy class having to go into melee to do anything useful. just giving sorc few SA skills and a 1 sec cd iframe instead of spammable won't all of a sudden make her a class that works fine. the whole class concept evolves around the spammable iframe and fast unprotected skills.

people also don't realize what the actual problem is. sorc was pretty much dead for a pretty long time while still having the same spammable iframe as it has now. what brought the class back from the dead back then was that it got the two strongest rabams in the game.

another question that you have to ask yourself is whether in a game where you have the three options of choosing between two button ******** like musa or mystic, playing an interesting but dogshit class or playing sorc/ninja sorc being strong is actually a high priority problem.

#474 Bnna, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Xairen likes this.
  15. BloodLeshen

JUST CAP FPS at 60.. easy fix.. I play on a potato so can only squeeze out 60fps on low settings and my screen can only do 60fps so I can guarantee you it is very easy to interrupt a sorc on 60fps with 5/5 cast speed and 5%.

As a sorc I know exactly what you "nerf sorc" guys are saying. I've fought fellow sorcs that in duels that I could not cc once. NOT EVEN A STUN . Also the two specific sorcs I remember didn't even use c-swap for FG much. They literally use iframes constantly and the animations just does not allow me to cc them. Even during iframes its as if they have lingering iframes or SA and your'e cc's don't work.. When I ask they have low ms and very high fps where I have 60fps and high ping

Kyraios and Serendipity like this.
  16. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 61 EU

Now that is something I fully agree with. I like playing on remastered at 4k and don't want to switch to Fullscreen low quality mode just to have an advantage in fights.

17. fenzz

its less to do with fps and more with latency. low latency sorcs can do alot more than those with higher latency, because your reaction time can be much faster than your connection to the server. that results in alot of times you get CCed in iframes and SA or just rubberbend back after an already completed move skill.

im playing with average of 110ms so i know how that feels.

18. BloodLeshen

110 is good.. im at 200ms+ however now with my fibre line its down to 145ms.. Im satisdied.. but yeah that with my capped 60fps I can feel the difference. But fps makes a difference with sorc because now on my HD gpu I get 22fps and I die to a Dark rift Giath on easiest because of the fps.I will not even attempt Griffon now. I will almost guarantee 10 deaths

19. HamSandFridge

how is this still going...

20. HamSandFridge

I honestly don't get why people really wanted to nerf iframe on sorc?