1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Exaah

people mobility and invulnerabily are strong is the current state of the game where everyone can annihilate anybody in a few spells

2. HamSandFridge

then mobility/invulnerability is what keeping the ap meta intact right? they balance each other.
    so I don't get why people want to change a skill that massively tilted the balance further?

3. HamSandFridge

I mean sorc isn't that hard to fight against, just annoying at most. U just don't engage against a sorc, just let her engage, every engagement that she does, she invest stam into it. you either have to defend while trying to land a cc or wait until her stam run out, ofc a skilled sorc will baited you out and know when to back off and restore their stamina.

PeaceInChaos and Stillwaters like this.
  4. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

Because is it the most powerful defensive skill in the game, and nobody should be able to abuse it?

Our mobility, which has been limited too much, is not comparable to a continuous iframe spam, just as you say, in a game where you play 1 shot, you always have the ability to evade all the damage with any gear defensive wearing, even poor, gives you an advantage over any armor or mobility, we can run but we will suffer damage in the meantime, instead she can totally ignore any attack, with the advantage of staying close to the target and being able to launch an attack at any useful moment, while we, if all goes well, have only succeeded in moving away, suffering damage and having to stop to recover the lost life. sorc certainly it is not a class that does little damage to be balanced with high def, add that if used well with all cancels and with good fps anyone notices that those attacks that should be unprotected become magically part of the iframe of the movement skill.

#484 Kurtferro79, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Kyraios likes this.
  5. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

Easiest way to deal with Sorc is to not be mad when you lose.

PeaceInChaos, Fateneko and Maginha like this.
  6. Bnna

dunno. i disagree. the tradeoff with iframes is that you can not use an iframe and do something else with the same skill. there is shittons of skills that cc or do damage while you have SA, but not skills that do the same while having an iframe (besides from ONE big exception for some ****** reason) - but for most, only thing you do while iframing is movement.

and i know what some random pleb will say - sorc can iframe into c tbs/se/si into iframe which is the same as a cc from an iframe - except it's just objectivly wrong. it's not the same and you do get cced into this. alot. same as this ******** of the sorc being the most protected class. i feel much more protected from cc when i play mystic/lahn and a lot of times even ****ing valk that has wholes in all of her SA skills - but those are predictable and not random/desync based which makes both using them and dealing with them easier for a good player. with sorc every random **** can hit you. when i watch what people complain about sorcs i feel like the people that get overwhelmed by sorcs and just don't do anything while there is a sorc close bc they think there are no openings are the same that get lavagrabbed then complain about zerk grabs being op. like - just watch some high level sorc play the game and fight something decent - im talking actual good players, not 650 rs sorcs fighting 550 that oneshot with dod bc of overgear - look how often they get hit by cc randomly.

another point that i already brought up - sorc always had his iframes - and despite that in metas when sorc was weak noone ****ing complained.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  7. Alrikmerc

Yeah sorc hasn't been buffed that much really. Fighting them is kinda the same as always. Wait until they cc without protection and punish. Though 1v1 its easier to do for sure.

Most people lose to a class repeatedly because they don't know how to fight it.

BloodLeshen and PeaceInChaos like this.
  8. Stillwaters

Or they picked the wrong fight against someone super geared; that just farms them like a mob in the rotation lmao.

Happened to me ,some siege witch came into basi den and one shot me like five times,even through s block. I was like well I'm done lol

Fateneko likes this.
  9. Alrikmerc

Sometimes it's both. When i was like 58 and didn't know anything i attacked a witch in rotation at cadry. They were 61 when 61 was like 63 is now, Vertex. I didn't know what a siege guild was back then.

splat.

but that can happen with sorc too. If they're way over your gear and you don't know how to fight them, it will seem like they're a broken class.

Stillwaters and PeaceInChaos like this.
  10. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

Amazing quote. So true.
    Lots of Sorcs who fought through the tough times and stuck with the class when she was bottom tier are probably the better Sorc players out there. These Sorcs learned, through trail by fire, how to master the class (animation cancels, stamina management, situational awareness, etc.) and have geared up at the same time.

I can see why people get frustrated fighting Sorc 1v1, RBF and GvG's, can also see lower geared people complaining when someone of higher GS and class knowledge reks them, so there's that.

11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

If any nerf is needed, it would be ability damage or cooldown (the standard nerf route).

Sorc i-frames & animation cancels can't be changed since that's what makes Sorc Sorc.

IMO, though, I feel people just need to get more gear, learn how Sorc works and get better at their main class.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  12. Maginha

Lol why even argue, you anyway get the classic sorc/ninja response, you niid tu git guud, our classes are only on top of op polls bcz all of you didnt git guud....

Kyraios and Sturmflut666 like this.
  13. Alrikmerc

Well...

When you're class is weak but you decide to stick with it and find success...you seem OP to people who never bothered to learn how to fight your class when it was a joke.

So yes, one way to resolve the issue is 'git gud', another way is have better gear and play the class they have a bad match up with. The last way is bring lots of friends and wait for them to get CC'd so you can jack the RBF points at the end. :D

14. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

2 sec cd on sorc dash, sa off cd. Tell me if this is a heavy nerf and why.

15. Ashenvall

Musa dash with 2 sec cd. :D

16. Xairen

large scale lemao

#496 Xairen, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  17. Xairen

this is 80% of this thread's ticket to gitgudder in 1v1s made by a very good sorc in EU thank me later

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  18. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 61 EU

It's the typical request from people who are too lazy to learn how to counter a class and don't care about breaking that class completely by taking away its only real protection.
    Wonder why people don't cry about DKs all the time, the can also spam iframes and they even have a dash that does damage.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  19. fenzz

this is a pretty good video by heedun. covers alot of sorcs openings.

but the TLDR pretty much sums it up. if you dont know your class you wont beat sorcs.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  20. Exaah

thats a very good video

PeaceInChaos likes this.