1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. BloodLeshen

And you still assume sorc players spam iframes to stay alive? spamming iframes will get you killed in under 10 seconds.

Rather respond with detailed information of what your issue is but if you say something like "sorc has way to much iframes". That doesnt even make any sense.. The amount of iframes is not even the issue. I believe you want to complain about the cool down in between iframes?

And that CD depends more on the server and players conditions than the class' kit - Like multiple people on here already tried to explain.

You guys keep pissing on a mediocre class because the class is only good because of external conditions (and above average gear). This is like saying a DK that speed hack is OP. apart from the fact that at least you COULD get banned for speed hacking. Sadly you cant ban people with more than 60fps else I would've been a fan.

The funny part is the guys complaining about how OP sorc is can swap to sorc today and they will be just as bad on a sorc as they are with their current classes.

2. Requiem_Abaddon

A lot of no in this... spamming iframes is something everyone sees sorc doing, because it works. - you can't just call someone bad because they see sorc is overtuned, even a mediocre sorc can win fights if they know how to move and not spam skills trying to get a kill. The class is op man, it's the very reason I rolled to one. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

3. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I see we've moved from nerfing tamer to nerfing sorc now, where are we heading next guys? All aboard the nerf train!

RIPTOR likes this.
  4. Artorias_Dusk

I'm not bad. I win 50% of the duels against sorc. But even my sorc buddy say it's op. Think about your class and stop crying.

5. t4mpel

So in alle the pvp rankings and all the tournaments you see so many sorcs because other player cant play there classes as good as sorc player do?
    In my opinion you can experience this class in a higher level where other classes ability stops. That needs skill and discipline yes but if you master it you just have more possibilites and slightly better options. Lets say you can play a class as a beginner, advanced or professional. Most classes arent able to improve higher cause your kit doesnt simply allow it. As sorc you can go over the top. If you have 2 experienced player who know all classes, i have a strong bet they would choose both sorc to win.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

im trying to point out why the rest of the game thinks your class is busted. very few sorcs are realistic about their class. at least witchzards agree that PA should be limited/removed for gaining back something and that voltaic is overtuned afdue to evasion debuff being on it.

Requiem_Abaddon likes this.
  7. Shogunate

I don't get it when sorcs say you can't just iframe and not die. You can, your entire "difficult to master machanic" is that you can hold Shift for 10 seconds straight and be completely invulnerable. Not only that, you can also block in between them to recover stamina AND use the iframe to cancel nearly every single action, which are already some of the fastest skills in-game. It's the most broken defense I've seen in nearly two decades of gaming.
    As to the "sorcs master their class blablabla..." that's the point, no one is complaining about trash sorcs who don't even know a combo. The issue is that with some AP, above average FPS and a decent (that's right, just decent) understanding of the toolkit you can be the most annoying thing on the battlefield, or with even more AP, a nearly unkillable smear on the screen that keeps teleporting around everywhere. Add a ghillie as the cherry on the top and fighting a decent sorc is like fighting a swarm of mosquito's with chop-sticks and they all have malaria.

Artorias_Dusk likes this.
  8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Thats a fair response, the thing I have an issue with is that for musa/maehwa its a super armor dash and for ninja/kuno its cooldown based I dont exactly think that ninja/kuno are balanced and may likely be stronger than sorc but I can't understand why a 0 cooldown movement skill that allows you to reposition so perfectly or get behind your opponent needs to be iframe and not super armor all the time. I think they should make it a 2 second cooldown and make it super armor on cooldown and then give the class something else in exchange, it seems like sorc doesnt have a good long range mobility chase like other classes do or maybe give it a better sustain or make stamina regen when the sorc disappears in that longish cooldown skill. If you play a good 1v1 class and know your class and sorc pretty well I think shes manageable enough for most classes assuming she isn't insanely geared I think its just more of an issue in group PvP where one sorc can disrupt an entire group because while she might not be able to do anything if the entire group focuses on her if the group doesn't focus on her she'll destroy them. She kind of does her job a bit too good imo especially at high AP where she can fish for CCs on a group and if anything catches she can throw out some quick damage t get a kill or two then return to kiting. I think there are a lot bigger issues in BDO than sorc but the idea of 0 cooldown iframe in general to me just seems OP

9. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

That is an argument that a lot of sorcs make but I think what they are specifically saying is that since sorc is admittedly an unforgiving class with low skill and low gear not many players choose to main it or fully invest into it so the ones who you do see who have invested into it and have mained it for a long time have become skilled players so you only really see what the more skilled players are capable of. Its similar to the situation with warrior and valkyrie actually, they are both very unforgiving without skill, gear, fps, and low ping so many players choose not to main them or rather than learning the class just go grind to try to have gear make up for their lack of skill and class flaws. The result is you have a lot of veteran warriors who have played for 2, 3 , 4 years who have become amazing at their class. Then when people fight warriors they are usually getting these ultra skilled warriors and think that warrior is op because they got beat by an expert. Its kind of the same argument as people saying warrior is op because Hands would destroy in PvP. I think that sorc needs to have the iframe spam removed but I don't think the sorcs that 1v10 are able to do that purely because of a broken class, imo it takes a level of mastery to be able to 1vX like that on ANY class.

10. Frodon

Plz nerf iframe its retarded in a 1 shot metav!

11. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Every arguments I heard about sorceress is that she can iframe inside 10 people and survive while forget to mention that the moment she choose to attack in the middle of 10 people, especially aoe classes, she’ll get CC and die.

Yes, she can iframe in the middle of 10 people. But, what can she do with it?

I’m more afraid going against ninja than sorceress and kunoichi (who only got spin going for her but it isn’t even that great, stationary spin = free grab for anyone not stupid, similar to voltaic) tbh.

BeastCK likes this.
  12. Requiem_Abaddon

There is a really sweet cancel off the iframe that is pretty good at sweeping. Funny enough you mentioned the only other 2 that can reliably do that... Sorc is overall more destructive though, part of the reason I like the class... lob a dream of doom across the map and get a bunch of random kills... pretty hilarious. Either way, sorcs don't iframe into groups to just iframe, they walk out with kills.

13. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so thats how game looks outside optimal mode? :D *actual ingame footage*

15. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye have fun grabbing a kuno while she spins, if the kuno doesnt have pleb ap ur dead before the animation of ur grab hits them

324 dp striker btw https://streamable.com/fh5jd

Requiem_Abaddon and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  16. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I just wanted to share my amusement.:)

17. IWalkAlone

324 is nothing against AP meta

18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye ofc not, but thats not a 300ap kuno hes like 280 smth, and thats not a full combo that killed the striker while he was cc´d that was 1 sec of the spin which is protected

19. Flesh007

There are three things you can endlessly look at: how the fire burns, how water flows, and how sorc justifies that everything is ok with him. : D

Requiem_Abaddon likes this.
  20. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

im the honest opinion that sorc is too strong, but do me the favor and never judge a class by exploits.
    at high fps sorc becomes gapless but warrior as well.
    because every nerf you suggest based on the experience of fighting with exploiters is punishing honest players undeserved

#620 Wollbert, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    RIPTOR, IWalkAlone and BloodLeshen like this.