1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Xairen

it's not a sorc problem it's people who suck balls in pvp and can't gitgud so they vent and complain their frustrations with the class on here

2. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

If you mean out protection works then yeah it mostly works better at high FPS. Difference is that sorc has 0 cooldown iframe and can cancel anything into iframe whereas warrior has 1 iframe and 5 super armors and 2 of them have a 10+ second cooldown. Sorcs aren't exploiting its just bad servers making both fighting them and playing as them more difficult. Every class should have 2-3 iframe movement skills and they should all have cooldowns. I think 1 3 second short dash in preawak and one in awakening is fair along with perhaps one with a 6-8 second cooldown. That require iframes to be used strategically. People say grab is just press E 2head but you actually have to time it, aim it, and if you miss it you lose it for awhile which means you can be pressured during the cooldown + you can get CCd during the grab itself. For 0 cooldown iframe there is much less risk and cost for using it because by nature it removes all risk for you. Unlimited Iframe is a much more braindead mechanic than grab. If a class that mostly relies on grab fails its grab or has its grab baited then for the next 8-10 seconds its very vulnerable whereas if you "bait" a class with 0 cd iframe into iframing they only lose a little bit of stamina. 0 cd iframe is like 0 cd grab kek

Akantorian likes this.
  3. Requiem_Abaddon

Witch kills everything. As soon as I see lightning, if I don't bail it will 100% catch me between iframes and poof.

4. HamSandFridge

unlimited iframe? where can I find this? I'm new to sorc and really want to know this.

Ashenvall likes this.
  5. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

You must play another class, than you can complain about it.

Lets wait for succession, no Block for sorc there but looks much moře fun. Like old good Times before They did add stupid Awakenings.

#BDOriginal

6. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Just use Crowflare for block, its not that different to current flow:nightcrow linger.

7. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Nope, thats probably your issue, you just didnt want to learn the animation locks on the sorc kit or the openings, surely many many things can be canceled but not all.

Agree and disagree, every class should have iframe, but not the same mechanic, giving iframe to shakeofff for zerkers and FG while on CD for example would help while keeping the class feeling overall.
    You change tamers WW to SA or to a CD iframe with SA while on CD and you just butcher that class, you would get a glass cannon bomber that has less speed, more mana consumption and overall less safe damage than a musa, not even the 100% would balance that out (would happen the same to sorc pretty much)
    No class relies on grabs, a player can rely on it because its just easier to land (overall) than a CC that requires you to time the unprotected enemy stuff/hit the back of FGs, but grab is not a NEED otherwise grabless classes would be super ****ed right?
    Keep this in mind, is hard to grab an iframe class but its equally hard to CC enemies without a using a grab. Having a grab really makes many matchups quite easier, all you need to know is a long animation lock SA the enemy uses and time ur grab with that, even you get free matchups against grab less classes like grabbing a witch voltaic or a dk on wheel.. while most other matchups you have the opening like wiz cata/bolide, musas mystic's dragons rip, ninja's katana shower,kuno lethal spin, valk in pretty much anything... and all you have to keep in mind is their grab, making the matchup effectivley about timing the iframe and the grab, without the grab you gotta learn way more stuff tbh, at least against skilled oponents, and what a lahn can win in two dashes and a grab a sorc will need quite a long dance and some sweat to win even if the oponent is also having a bad time.
    What im trying to say is, well as a warrior you might have problems mostly with sorcs, if you try sorc you will have problems with way more classes, including warrior tbh. Grass is always greener on the other side.

RIPTOR and Ashenvall like this.
  8. Requiem_Abaddon

When I left dk and went back to sorc, my life got a lot better. When someone rolls a class they have never played, they are always going to be bad out of the gate, that's just how it goes. Programming muscle memory is the hardest part. Some classes are just better.

dersied likes this.
  9. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Yes sure, but when i played lahn i legit found that most matchups were SUPER free compared to sorc (almost effortless, in fact only sorc and ninja was kinda though) and it was pretty much just thanks for the grab. Same happened when i tested ninja, you cant imagine the change unless you feel it really, going from a "free 3 sec duel" to a "im not even sure if illl win even tho i can see he is not really good".

Dk just has the worst of both worlds right now (for 1v1s at least), no grab and lacks the amount of fast CCs sorc/ninja/kuno/tamer has to punish openings, with succesion tho you get some really nice tricks making DK a really good dueler.

#649 Otrsor, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  10. Requiem_Abaddon

Sorc def takes a lot more mechanical effort, and mistakes will cause a death 10/10 - I still believe the amount of low cost protected movement is insane, but not unique to sorc. I'm not a fan of nerfing everything into the ground, just a small dial back.

DK is interesting, not to hijack, just making a comparison. It's actually a pretty good 1v1 class, it's problem is the lack of protection vs how fast skills come out. With sorc it's skills are mostly unprotected, but you can rip them out fast and has a lot of cancels, and it's protection is in it's movement. DK is the opposite, where it's skills have minimal protection and really long animations that you can't cancel(there is an exception). This could be okay, but it only has 2 iframes on movement, and unprotected movement skills, with really short iframe distances with large gaps. Succession has less protection, but airstrike can be canceled. Sorc is overall a better class, with dream of doom being better than seeds, even it's ranged ability is better.

TLDR they don't know how to balance DK, sorc is still quite overtuned, but not only sorc, just happens to be thread topic.

Fateneko likes this.
  11. Shogunate

Sorcs are perfectly fine /s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

You got to love pretty graphics without any explanations...
    So....were there 14 Sorcs taking part in the event? Did they win 14 fights?

13. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Class total population? Like almoust every member in my Guild have sorc. Only two are Playing it like main. Rest use her like boss/life skill/NV.... So how Is Real population of main sorc player? And how many of them are good in PvP?

14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Forget the skill name because Im a little bit dumb but just look at your skills, youll see an iframe skill which doesn't list a cooldown :p

15. Serendipity

Exactly: 1, maybe 2 out of about 50 in our guild are sorc main.

RIPTOR likes this.
  16. Akantorian

Its so sad to see people relying on the arsha event scores to cry about balance, like you have mystic at a 3.9% and warrior at 9.7% and would you say that warrior is stronger than mystic? of course not, but its just easier to flag 1v1 people in the world with a warrior, but hey, sorc is broken so you must use EVERY SINGLE INCH of salt available to cry for a nerf so you can finally beat that overgeared dude in 1v1 that you tought was winning you because of the class.

17. Serendipity

Besides all of that: It is not like sorc is leading by a huge margin. 14kills for sorc vs 12 for Musa and Ninja and even witches are at 10 kills. Nothing here hints sorc being OP. Of course sorc is a top tier class, no one is saying otherwise. But OP would look a lot different.

18. HamSandFridge

how is this thread still going jzz

19. Requiem_Abaddon

That depends. The arsha event is participation based, it doesn't take anything else into account other than who participated in it. It's completely irrelevant date for either side of the debate.

20. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

I guess they haven't nerfed sorc yet
    :D