1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc nerf when ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BboydD, Mar 29, 2019.

1. HamSandFridge

hmm, tru

2. Feroth

they should nerf sorc when will nerf archers, rangers with succesion(****** op dmg from 10km away), mystics and strikers

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

only thing they need to change with ranger succession is a bug, imo. mystic and striker are fine. They don't need buffs but they aren't busted like back in the day. If they seem that way it's probably just the state of evasion vs accuracy right now.

4. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Nerf i-frame.
    If PA decided to **** with DP every year or so then sorc is a super god,its not fair if a couple of classes dont suffer the PA wrath every year or so.
    MAKE ALL IFRAME SUPER ARMOR so grab have no counter.
    Then:
    GIVE EVERY CLASSES A GRAB.
    GIVE EVERY CLASSES EXCEPT STAFF CLASSES A VACCUM(because staff have Protected Area its not fair to gave them PA +vaccum+grab).

-Solution for issues ala Pearl Abyss.

5. Alrikmerc

Making i-frames into super armor only benefits classes that are already tankier.

So what's the solution?

If they gave their iframe a 1 sec CD, but it can still be done on CD, but is SA instead. That might be a solution. But no, not everyone in this game needs a grapple. There is plenty of CC out there to use. Even with SA on it, a grab can get you killed pretty easily in a group situation, and 1v1 is whatever.

6. jenisiz7

What's the issue with sorcs iframe when there are other classes that have more? Tamer for example has better overall iframes but I see no complaints? This is an honest question btw, no troll I'm curious as to what makes sorcs iframes so much better over the several other classes like tamer, lahn and warriors?

7. Alrikmerc

Tamer's forward evade (ww) i-frame is vulnerable at the beginning and end of the animation. our long iframe (tree climb) is on a pretty long reuse timer and can get negated if we hit something. The best i-frames we have are in awaken, on like 4 second CD and fairly reliable, but succession can't use them obviously.

rangers and archers take us out of WW constantly, to the point where some of us wonder if ranged attacks ignore the iframe altogether heh

Edit: As to what makes sorc's i-frame so good is that they can spam it better than tamer because they can change direction at will, and the channel FG that seems to linger into and out of it. It gives them pretty solid protection when they use it right. A good sorc is very hard to touch, usually they have to make a mistake rather than you out playing them, which is a bummer for everyone involved.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  8. nolasigns

Making a mistake is being out-played.

PeaceInChaos and dobe like this.
  9. Alrikmerc

I see where you're coming from on that. it isn't untrue. I guess i meant more specifically it's the sorc's fight to lose more than it is the other way around.

10. nolasigns

Some of the most annoying sorcs i've dealt with were those that blipped all over the place. The human error in that is they become skilled at it in a routine manner. They generally build skilled timing in a comfortable order where they develop habits of the same key-stroke placement. If they change it up any, they risk the chance of error. If you keep one blipping long enough you'll see their pattern, that's when you try and put pressure on them to change it up, that mistake you're looking for will happen.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  11. Alrikmerc

I don't disagree. tbh lately sorcs have been less of a problem. just in time for them to change it up on me with succession. :D

nolasigns and PeaceInChaos like this.
  12. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I just spec'ed into Succession, without having done any extensive personal-research into PvE or PvP yet...it feels..."clunky" -_- hopefully it's just the new-feeling jitters. Scythe "feels" much better and safer as of now...also...not having down+C, C-swap or S block kinda hurts...

We'll see how it goes. As a side note, Ranger Succession is soooo good, holy crap it's honestly good (and insane) to see (and feel XD). They deserve it. My IRL forever-Ranger friend is racking up points in RBF like mad. 1K points in RBF? Meh. Child's play. Try 4k+ O_O

Alrikmerc likes this.
  13. jenisiz7

Grab MP pots or MP add ons, shes MP thirsty like the originally f'd up DK now...

14. nolasigns

My first impression is she's ultra clunky- But I'll be trying to see if there are any of those "hidden tricks" to her mobility. If not, back to the stick for her.

PeaceInChaos likes this.