1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorc or Lahn

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Crynezis, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Crynezis

Hi,
    First, sorry if my english is bad.

I'm hesitatinig between Sorc and Lahn and I need your opinion.

I currently play Lahn 212/214/263 since I'm back in BDO.
    Before I played Sorc but I didnt take it because I heard that Sorc need a lot of gear to do something and be full TET take a lot of time. Else "Sorc is good at histria" while "Lahn is medium everywhere".

I like pvp but have not practiced it much because of my gear for the moment.
    But i'm startiing to invest a lot in BDO so I come to ask you for your opinion.

2. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

I love sorc but she is the most difficult class to master due to lots of combos and animation cancels you need to learn. Many other classes can be played on awakening most of the time while a sorc constantly needs to switch between non awakened and awakened. While the switch itself is not that much of an issue once you get the hang of it it also means that you will need to skill both as well and therefore need a lot of skillpoints (I am currently at 1942 and am still lacking about 200 SP to get everything I want).
    Can't say much avout Lahn though, I only levelled her to 56 and rarely play it.

3. Seilla

It depends on how much time you want to invest. I'm pretty sure the combos and playstyle of a lahn is easier to master and less time requiring. Just because of the nature of the release dates since Sorc, War, Zerk and Ranger were first there at release and PA never worked on their kits to optimise them.

But when you have the patience to train a lot of pvp, PVE and scarecrows. You can unleash the sorcs real potential with 2k+ sp points. But it needs time and training.

The reward for playing sorc good is immense, you don't need to fear anyone in a 1 vs 1 situation about a grind spot. PVE/PVP wise you need to know how to use your buffs, debuffs, iframing and down smash combos perfectly. You can't equip your scythe and spin to win in endgame spots.

4. Crynezis

Thank you for your answer.

I like to switch constantly between awak/unawak. It makes its gameplay very dynamic I think and the difficulty is interesting.
    Can we grind for money efficiently with sorc before 261 AP ? Or just histria farmer ?

5. Blitzball

Lahn is a Sorc with a grab.

6. Serendipity

I am at 247 AP at the moment and grinding aakman with buffs I make around 4k of trash plus scrolls, so usually between 35 to 50million an hour without the rare drops. Mirumok is also quite good when you have a group.

7. Crynezis

Lahn looks less efficient pvp

8. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

Both great classes.

As a Lahn main I believe she is strong 1v1 due to her range grab but falls off in large scale (like nw's). I would rate her one of the best PvE grinders in the game. End game mobs are ez pz cos of the hp regen and aoe damage. Lahn can go to aakman as early as 220ap kutum.

9. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Lahn is overall better on PvE and slightly stronger in 1v1, sorc is stronger in other forms of PvP yet quite harder to play (by a long shot, lahn is damn easy to learn while sorc is one of the hardest).
    Keep in mind sorc aint as good as it was on hystria anymore (other top pve classes really outscale her on there like mystics that can really make +1k trash loot than a sorc at same gear) yet is still good and lahn just works well with less gear and effort in pretty much every spot, including stars ends and sycaria.
    For sorc since u can grind hystria till you can grind Sycaria there are no other spots as efficient as hystria, so from 253 to 269 kut you will be kinda stuck on hystria.

So quite simply if you dont do any kind of group pvp lahn is the best option as long as you dont get bored playing her, if you do group pvp (small scale, large scale, rbfs or whatever) then sorc is better as long as you dont care about grinding hystria a lot and having to learn every single matchup (no grab means you dont have free win matchups).

Lastly, and the best advice i can give... just take the one you like the most.

#9 Otrsor, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  10. Amirite

Im my experience, the animations and the way the skills are combined, then yes. But she can make some moves that would set you in a bad situation. I think, if she got some more work on her skills, animations etc. she could be a good alternativ from a ninja, but right now I am annoyed over her animations that just are to slow in some situations.

#10 Amirite, Aug 7, 2019
  11. Stillwaters

A well played lahn is dangerous in pvp and id say in the top 5 1v1 classes,also they are very good at pve with low gear score

12. Serendipity

I second that, best advice.

13. Crynezis

I like the both classes.I tried both with 210 AP.

I read on the Lahn forum that once past the 600GS something was missing at Lahn. And regret.

I would like to play a class whose pvp victory will be determined by the player's skills and not a balancing problem or at least get close to it.
    That's what I find interesting in the pvp of a game.

14. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

Well they are both good classes. Every class has its pros and cons. The class you find the most fun and enjoyment out of the easier for you to learn its combos and skills and be skilled in that class. The pvp in this game is in a pretty controversial spot where many people believe that pvp in general is outbalanced. Others believe that this game revolves around 1 shot who gets cc'd first meta where no real skill is involved once you reach a certain ap bracket. I'm not here to give my opinion on that though. So just play whatever class you think you will have the most fun!

Seilla likes this.
  15. Seilla

Then BDO is the false game to start with. Since launch they couldn't balance their classes and on top of that they release new broken ones.

But as a good sorc you don't need to worry about it. You can Iframe tank or assassinate people when they are unprotected. Like I said in 1 vs X situations she is top with ninja. Easily top 3 duellist in game next to ninja and tamer.

#15 Seilla, Aug 7, 2019
  16. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

You talking about 1v1? then anything but wiztards should be fine.
    You talking about group pvp? then lahn is prolly not the best option.

But, overall, skill always matter and everyclass can fullfill some role in pvp. Really, just take any as long as you enjoy it. Just play to the class you chose strenghts, if you pick a witch dont be angry about losing 1v1s and if you are a lahn dont be angry about blowing up in a blob fight, look for the skirmish fights, cannoners roles or w/e.

Some classes have more niche roles than others for sure, but still under some conditions every class is the best class, is up to you to look for those conditions.

Stillwaters likes this.