1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress Guide

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Chun-Chun, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

Updated: 21 May 2018 (updated links to bdocodex.com; updated skill builds; updated item builds).

Official Sorceress Discord Community: https://discord.gg/GWz9SNd
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class discusion:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skill builds:

Lvl 0-55: http://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/74522/ Main skills are: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I didn't max some of these skills because later on you will not be maxing them for various reasons, so using them like this from the get go might help you learn some of the combos faster and lock them into your muscle memory.
    Optionally, if you don't care about that, you can max these 2 for faster grinding up to lvl 56, and then reset them back: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lvl 56: http://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/74523

Lvl 61: http://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/74524 ( [​IMG] is a prefrence; [​IMG] doesn't have Super Armor anymore, leaving you unprotected, so most people don't take it anymore )
    Skills to lock (the tiny lock in the corner of the skills): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Order in which to take Absolute Skills: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Skill Enchantments / Rabrams to take: [​IMG] [​IMG] The reason we take these is because: low cooldown + big damage + Super Armor. (to get these you need to have the 2 skills composing each one of them maxed out - ultimate version of a skill is not necesary)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skill Add-Ons:

• [​IMG] : Critical Hit Rate +30% for 9 sec. for self && Casting Speed +7% for 5 sec. for self
    • [​IMG] : PVP - PVP Attack +5 for 5 sec. for self && Casting Speed +4% for 5 sec. for self // PVE - Attack against monsters +20 for 8 sec. for self && Casting Speed +4% for 5 sec. for self
    • [​IMG] : Instantly Recovers 30 HP per hit && Inflicts 42 Bleeding Damage per 3 sec. for 15 sec. for target
    • [​IMG] : Casting Speed +7% for 5 sec. for self && Inflicts 45 Pain Damage per 3 sec. for 12 sec. for target
    • [​IMG] : Casting Speed +7% for 5 sec. for self && Inflicts 50 Bleeding Damage per 3 sec. for 15 sec. for target
    • [​IMG] : PVP - PVP Attack +15 for 5 sec. for self && Casting Speed +10% for 5 sec. for self // PVE - Attack against monsters +30 for 8 sec. for self && Casting Speed +10% for 5 sec. for self
    With the above add-ons you can keep up a really high critical chance at all times.
    Optionally, you can take add-on on [​IMG] instead of [​IMG], for easier Mana managment: Instantly Recovers 30 MP(EP)/WP/SP per hit && Attack against monsters +30 for 8 sec. for self; for PvE.

Items:
    Around lvl 56-57 you should have these items: https://bdoplanner.com/s/6Rszj1Dg
    From that you should go to this: https://bdoplanner.com/s/eSUOaGjW
    After that you should grind & save money and roll night vendor and auction house for boss pieces. The first boss items you will want are: Kzarka Amulet [​IMG] , Bheg's Gloves [​IMG] & Kutum's Talisman [​IMG] .
    The hardest boss item pieces to get are: Dim Tree's Spirit Armor [​IMG] , Urugon's Shoes[​IMG] & Dandelion Scythe [​IMG] ; so when you have the possibility to buy one of those 3, always do.

By lvl 60 you should have these items: https://bdoplanner.com/s/hb95zefp
    By lvl 61 you should have these items: https://bdoplanner.com/s/irg2Glku

For pvp you will want to use a Nouver's Talisman [​IMG] with Awakened Spirit's Crystal [​IMG] x2 in them for decent dmg and health, or Magic Crystal of Infinity - Critical [​IMG] x2 for maximum dmg output.

Combos:

Combos with the Rabram:

Thanks to the authors of the videos.

Some of these combos have suffered different alterations due to most recent CC changes. The core & execution is the same however.

Food:

What I use is:
    • Steamed Chewy Whale Meat [​IMG] - I use this one if I go full evasion build in large scale; if not, I use what's below:
    • Special Valencia Meal [​IMG] ,
    • Margoria Seafood Meal [​IMG] ,
    • Jumbo King of Jungle Hamburg[​IMG],
    • Knight Combat Rations[​IMG]
    For quick use, and slightly less effectiveness:
    For PvE: Simple Cron Meal [​IMG]
    For PvP: Exquisite Cron Meal [​IMG]

Elixirs:

• Tough Whale Tendon Elixir [​IMG]
    • [Party] Elixir of Advanced Concentration [​IMG]
    • [Party] Elixir of Brutal Carnage [​IMG]
    • [Party] Elixir of Steel Defense [​IMG]
    • [Party] Grim Soul Reaper's Elixir [​IMG]
    • [Party] Elixir of Strong Life [​IMG]
    • Elixir of Deep Sea [​IMG] is what i prefer, but people often use this Perfume of Courage [​IMG] because it's avaliable on the market at all times.
    For quick use for 1v1s & PvE:
    PvE: Beast's Draught [​IMG]
    1v1s PvP: Giant's Draught[​IMG]

For more info go here: https://discord.gg/GWz9SNd

#1 Chun-Chun, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Yuugo, Jahzz, SandalMX and 8 others like this.
  2. The Skulltaker

"dream of doom (and put it on hotkey)"

So I was planning to do this anyway as my keyboard loves to multi press keys and I end up doing a random crow flare, whilst putting DoD on CD :<

...but is there any specific reason why you would hot key this that I may have missed?

Thanks.

3. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Conflict with Ult midnight stinger, ult crow flare for some players, Also to see the cooldown timer as its mostly an engage skill (for k/d, +25acc, cast speed up & skill add-on MP). was another reason, quickcast without issues during something.... i forget sorry,.
    I dont have it hotkeyed as i know the cooldown, no conflict issues with keys & my combos dont require it slotted. Joys of playing non awakened at release.

#3 prymortal, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Chun-Chun likes this.
  4. PhantomBear

As for PvE, Kutum > Nouver anyday I would say

Terra_Atlus and n1ghty like this.
  5. The Skulltaker

Ah ok I see, yes I do get conflict with MS sometimes but I just put that down to my own error in pressing keys too fast :D crow flare I find to be mostly my keyboard double pressing E... very annoying haha I need a new one as it gets me killed far too often, although its only a year old!

Fortunately I don't have an issue with CD management, I've played since EU launch so I have had plenty of time to mess that up and learn xD

Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything blindingly obvious, thanks for the reply mate!

6. ultio51

Why would Nouver become BiS once kama hits? Will there be changes to that offhand ?
    What about Kutum and is Jubre the offhand i use before i get Nouver ?

7. CasualNova

Glove Crystals that give 20 accuracy each come with Kamasylve, which means Helrick might be obsolete by then.

I do disagree with some recommendations however.

Crystals: I'd value a crit/down gem over ASC in a single slot offhand
    Black Magic Crystal Viper is crucial to hit 5 Cast speed + gives 8 accuracy
    Black Magic Harphia + Black Magic Swiftness gives you a balance of 3 movespeed and extra stamina

with Margoria Seafood over Serendia you hit 5 Movespeed, with a Valor gem alongside the Viper in your gloves, Margoria Seafood and the p2w costume socket you hit 5 critical as well.

I would personally recommend the food combination Margoria Seafood+Knights Combat Rations+Jumbo Hamburg for offense or Valencia Meal for defense.

For skill addons you could include the very prominent DoT build,
    Shadow Eruption: Poison Damage+ Cast Speed
    Dark Flame: Burn Damage+Accuracy OR Abyssal Flame Burn Damage+Accuracy
    Dream of Doom: Mana on hit+ Burn damage
    Violation: Cast speed + Burn damage
    Turnback slash: Cast Speed+ Bleed damage
    Dead Hunt: Accuracy+ Bleed Damage

Edit says I do only recommend the Margoria for siege/node war/serious PvP due to its price though, in casual settings I also love my Serendia Meal.

#7 CasualNova, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Ansilo, Xialoh and Ogi like this.
  8. Zathel

Isn't "All accuracy" and "All Evasion" about 4 times weaker than accuracy that Helrick provides? I mean, for helmet evasion thingy that went from 5 to 20 it explicitly said it's only a tooltip change, not a mechanics change.

9. CasualNova

Even if just a tooltip change and we could divide it back by four, that'd still be 10 extra accuracy in the old system; Helrick being 7 visible and godknowshowmuch hidden.

At a point where I'm running with 2x RCE, Tree Belt and Helrick fighting hybrid DP/Eva Witches and Wizards, I feel like trading those 40 (or 10) Accuracy for howevermuch Accuracy Helrick gives and gaining more raw damage over it is worth it. The one thing that still makes me question the change is the lack of special attack modifier on Boss Offhand, but perhaps that will be subject to change sometime soon.

In the end, it all depends what kind of gear you have and what kind of enemies you face. Currently my biggest bane is how little damage I do to 190/350-360 AP DP hybrid casters even in my full accuracy build.

Edit says that if Jubre was a pure AP offhand like its counterparts from other classes, I would aim for Jubre over Nouver. Getting to Tet (even Pen if you are rich) with Cron stones is not much of an issue. Be that as it may, our Jubre has stats wasted into DP and thus, Nouver. Probably.

#9 CasualNova, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  10. CasualNova

11. Zathel

So you'd forgo all crit stat for those accuracy gems?

12. CasualNova

Still at 3 crit with Margoria Seafood and the costume but yeah, I will definitely drop the Valor Gem in my gloves for the significant boost in Accuracy

13. n1ghty

n1ghty Sorceress 62 EU

can still pop a shock elixir for pvp, not sure how much we need the 5 crit in pve. Our pve is pretty decent after all

14. Chun-Chun

15. skinnies

Once kama hits how will that make nouver bis?
    Is it the new gems? If so which ones would you use?

16. prymortal

Its just his opinion......
    Probably due to the spikes in damage vs lower AP constancy with Acc offhand.
    This offhand gem will help: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/15654/ +3 further damage to karmasilvia monsters
    I do disagree since Kutums hidden Monster Acc is always going to be king PVE IF your AP is good ~my opinion, This said i'll be using Nouver. While some in some people in game say Ult Helrick with crit gem is the way to go, e.t.c. Everyone has an opinion on this (bis).

#16 prymortal, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  17. Chun-Chun

No. The reason i am saying that nouver will be BiS is because you will be able to hit 90%+ hitrate without helrick, with the new crystals, that give +20 accuracy each.
    I was talking about nouver being best in pvp with kamasilve crystals.

In PvE nouver is already best. It beats all offhands everywhere beside pila ku. In pila ku, helrick beats the other offhands.

prymortal likes this.
  18. prymortal

Kinda overlooked that might be your point. Its the reason why i'll be using Nouver during then.

19. Chun-Chun

Updated with a link for the gear setup that i'll have when kamasilve hits, so the curious ones can see the crystal setup that i am talking about :)

It's 90% hit rate with TRI RCE and a cheaper alchemy stone. TET RCEs should up it a bit more.

It's 90% hit rate against the general setup of 283-300 dp with ap/accuracy offhand. For evasion builders that you might encounter in the siege scene you might need helrick still (hence the need to have all offhand on sorc, really); but elixir and food for accuracy might do the job too. I usually avoid evasion builds until their friends are dead and then we can "zerg" the evasion builder.

20. CasualNova

Pretty accurate.
    You need 25 accuracy to counter the basic evasion of full tet boss with Tet Kzarka+Tet Bhegs. Crystals have a weaker stat called 'all accuracy' which is item accuracy*4 (same with evasion crystals which are evasion*4)
    12/14 of that comes from Tri/Tet RCE; 5+5 (20/4 times two) from two new Vipers. 4 more from the double Precision (8/4 times two) and you're already at 26/28. Tri Tree Spirit Belt adds another 4, hitting 30. Sturdy Destruction adds another 2; 32.
    Its not quite 90% hitrate with a setup like that at Tri RCE, closer to 82-4% + accuracy modifier on your skills, which can be 4% on Violation and (I believe) 10+% on GRJ.

You're still going to need Helrick against evasion stackers, but against the typical 283 DP tet armored people, you are good to go. Keep in mind Serendia Meal is also considered 'all accuracy', which makes it about equal to a Sharp Alch Stone of Destruction in terms off acc.

Nouver 'should' be BIS again for everything not evasion build.