1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress I-frames needs to be removed/nerfed next

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Thanosmeansdeath, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Thanosmeansdeath

I don't usually complain about other classes. Even back in the day when a Sorceress "outplayed" me by being grabbed by my awakening Lahn, then immediately ported behind me and 2 shotting while I was still animation locked in grab I didn't make a post. That same sorceress said something like "yeah man, I used to be a Lahn, but these i-frames make grab classes obsolete and you got to go with the flow, it was worth the coupon for me...but Lahn is still good at PVE". When multiple sorceress with end game gear regard their class as untouchable and every other classes as sitting ducks many of us just have to laugh and not take PvP as seriously. Nowadays I still see the ridiculousness of the Sorceress class and have remained silent mostly because I didn't want to hurt players who couponed to Sorceress because it is broken/overpowered.

However, how long can something remain broken? I'm posting because I am worried that the brokenness is going to result in far less active play and continue to hurt the health of the game in the PvP department. There needs to be changes to Sorceress in regards to i-frame especially. Why can this class sit on 10 people spamming AOEs and remain invulnerable? This is total nonsense. People whined about Succession Lahn super armors but if the Succession Lahn tried to stand on 10 people they would be immediately grabbed or just die from AOE spam.

I feel like Kakao/PA are losing money on players who see Sorceress and refuse to coupon and also just say "yeah, time for another PvP game". People don't want to invest in a class that can be gutted with nerfs at any moment and become more sitting ducks for delusional Sorceress players to feed their ego on. I know I won't coupon to a Sorceress, most players I know won't but some do and become big PvP successes most of the time. When you leave one class invulnerable and the rest of the classes are losing protections, people just don't want to PvP or play as much. If I had to fight say 5+ sorceress in every NW, I might grind or simply play something else. If people aren't playing, they aren't buying pearls for sure.

In addition, I can say with high certainty that many of those succession Lahns are just going to quit or roll to your class, so I'm making this post to avoid that situation above where there are too many sorcs because I refuse to play any other class than Lahn and don't want more than a couple sorceress in my NWs. Every player I know who knows what they are doing in NW/PvP has a policy not to even bother attacking a decent sorceress because 99% of the time you are just going to be wasting your skills on the invisible woman's i-frames. That's a HUGE problem for a PvP game when everyone knows it is broken and nothing is done bout it.

#1 Thanosmeansdeath, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Saggy, peanut777, Vanic and 13 others like this.
  2. Keiskay

Sounds like bad player problems to be honest, I play mystic and have no problems fighting most sorcs in the game. Maybe stop being a bad lahn and stop grab fishing.

Ofdimaelr, Maloth, rmcke813 and 9 others like this.
  3. Feyrill

Feyrill Kunoichi 61 EU

This is the good mentality. Do not quit the class you like just because you face one which is basically a very strong duelist/PvP class in basic. Instead of this, try to be a good Lahn, and adapt to your situation, try to use these experiences to grow and master your likeable class, if you do really like her. It doesn't means you won't have very hard fight against XY classes, but this is the beauty of PvP, in my opinion.

There are lot of other classes what can kill you within seconds, real duelists, so I'm pretty sure that you would feel the same every time you face a single class who can grind you immediately. Count with the fact if they have mastered their class, so the reason why they can get you it's not only because the class is broken, but because they can use it. As anyone else can use his/her class wrong (even you, for example). We make mistakes, but our goal is to overcome and evolve. You can defeat a Sorceress and whatever else, it just have to put more effort to learn, how. Every single PvP is a new chance to learn something new.

Personally, I've changet from Ranger to Sorceress, after I figured out that Sorc's playstyle is more aggressive than her, and my playstyle doesn't fit to Ranger (I've tested many other classes too, so Lahn as well). I used to spent some time to PvP against classes like Sorc, Myst, Kunoichi and Lahn (with Ranger), but all of them have different roles than mine, so there is the key. There are easier classes than Sorceress, and the more difficult a class is, the more mistakes they can make.

4. Thanosmeansdeath

Look, thanks for the advice and all, but I'm just looking to get Sorceress looked at like most other players on this forum as well. We all know it's broken, we don't want to fight a class that has to make huge mistakes to die in group PvP and is in effect invulnerable otherwise. I understand you couponed to a more powerful class, I know a lot of players who went to sorc also.

The players I know who are decent said they wanted to be overpowered/broken so they couponed to sorceress...all of them said they feel like PvP Gods, can wreck entire groups and beat anyone on their sorcs now except other sorcs of course. Why would they be lying? If it was just okay they would say "yeah, I guess it isn't overpowered as I thought, but I'll learn how to get better until the next OP class comes along" Instead, they admit they just spam unlimited i-frames til they lag/mess up and that's only way they die. Can't be grabbed, can't be CCed and can't take AOE damage while spamming i-frame...the only counter is their internet connection or poor play on the sorc's part. It's easy to be aggressive when you can be invulnerable the entire time it takes to end the fight!

You also missed my entire point, I don't care if a sorc beats me for my grinding spot, it's going to happen. If your only advice is to tell me to "be a good lahn" without addressing/defending how your unlimited i-frames are fair to group pvp, then your post just is covering up the simple facts that you couponed to an OP class and don't want it to be made in line with the other classes. The big issue here isn't you or I, but it's that sorc's i-frames are causing chaos in group PvP and making players not even want to play because they can't take them down 1v10 even due to i-frame spam.

Don't blame me if you get nerfed either, I'm just making it clear to Kakao/PA that everyone knows this class is broken and it should be fixed by giving honest feedback. People probably don't post enough about this because they know a sorc they are friends with since so many rolled sorc to be OP, but I am thinking about the greater good of the overall health of this game. You are thinking about ego, your coupon money and remaining a top dog due to i-frame spam.

#4 Thanosmeansdeath, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  5. Xairen

what’s your gear like

6. Thanosmeansdeath

Full PEN evasion...it doesn't matter though. A sorc with 0 DP and enough AP to outheal my fairy could theoretically kill me by spamming i-frames since they take no damage while i-framed. I'm not here because I want to beat up sorcs in duels.I know sorcs who could have bought/made full PEN armor but got PEN ogres/PEN acc first instead because in their words "PEN armor is a waste of silver when I'm in i-frame all day".

Let me sum this up again, every other class has to trade damage while sorc just dishes out damage with no risk (due to i-frame). When you apply that concept to groups, sorc is ignoring an unlimited amount of punishment and CCs while wrecking groups of players. Nerf my Lahn all you want, but sorc i-frames really needed to be looked at a long time ago. I'm not salty about anything that goes down in pvp, but I won't stand by idle while the i-frame spam continues!

Top guilds have long been advising their best performers to ignore any enemy sorc and focus on K/Ds on the weaker classes during top tier PvP. That alone speaks volumes.

7. omicronic

Zero sorceress attacks are i-frame. Lots aren't even super armor/guarded lol. Shadow ignition has no guard/super, shadow eruption has no guard/super, dream of doom, no guard/super... Plenty of openings learn to recognize and take advantage. Very easy for an experienced sorc to take advantage of another sorc openings. Learn more about the class instead of claiming "unlimited iframes"

8. Thanosmeansdeath

The sorc can stand up to 10 people at once who are all actively AOEing/spamming CCs if the sorc knows how to use i-frames...and all of them do this. The tactic of i-frame spamming to ignore enough damage and CCs that would kill all other classes in a second should not exist in a group PvP game. It's gotten so bad where the majority of players who know what they are doing just ignore sorcs and try to get as many K/Ds as possible in RBF and NW. I happen to be a class that can stay away from sorcs, and I do, but others that are not so lucky get chopped down by the i-frame spam machine like they are target dummies.

9. omicronic

Again, if a sorceress is ATTACKING they are not in an I-FRAME. You cannot SPAM i-frame either, you run out of stamina in seconds. Seems like you've just been outplayed repeatedly by blowing all of your cooldowns in the few seconds they could i-frame and get demolished because of that.

Flex556, Sandrituky, ODB3698 and 6 others like this.
  10. Feyrill

Feyrill Kunoichi 61 EU

No, you don't want to play (or can't) against a class who is simply own enough potential in PvP (personally I like to fight against these kind of classes, because the harder the challenge is, the more I can learn - hitting dummies won't make you evolve and let you to be better). while your's are a bit different in playstyle and role. She is not the only one broken class in the game at all. All of them has their own pros and cons in different aspects. It is easy to make a mistake with Sorc, since they already risk a lot when they jump into a group fight for example. What about Mystics or Ninja, Kunos? They can be also very dangerious in their own way, and annoying (especially if YOU make any mistake).

What I noticed very fast that people think XY have to make big mistakes to die, but this simply isn't true. Lot of people lose the fight because they ignores small things and making wrong decisions in a moment by reasons. I do saw people spamming their dodge and every kind of skill without stop (and sadly, without reasons), until they went out of stamina, and was not be able to do anything at all (I've encuntered a Lahn two days ago, who started a fight against me, and she went down very fast, even if she had the head start - she obviously used all of her stamina which was her very loss). No question, it was for the enemy's pleasure who were patient and used his mind, while logically tried to figure out the opponent's next steps. This is something what everyone have to learn if they want to start PvP.

As I said above, everyone can play a class, but less people can master it, and there is the difference. It also proves that there are other players with different classes who can't play their own classes, use their brain just spamming their skills then die because of... a brainless Sorceress? Isn't it a shame by their side? I picked the Sorceress because I want to master it, not because I want to play a piano on my keyboard. There are other classes who have tons of CC and have enough mobility to react a Sorceress' actions. It is not the Sorceress' failure that they can't punish her especially when they know very well the playstyle of her.

No, I not missed it. Your post gave me that sense of "I don't want to play against Sorc because I don't know how should I do". I do fight against Sorc as Sorc, and I do fight against Sorc as (succ) Ranger, for example. I do noticed my own mistakes during the fight, and during any other fight I have against perfect duelists as one class what isn't for duels, at all.

The simple fact that you keep spamming this "unlimited i-frames" and such shows that you don't want to be better and use your mind in fights, just blame Sorc with simething what is not true at all. You should open your eyes and learn the Sorc's true face, because if you simple deal with the illusion that they are invincible, you'll never learn where is her weak points at all. Same true in any other class's case.

Again, there are classes with different roles. Some of them will support you. Some of them will kill jump into a fight for some seconds and vanish, some of them will jump in to CC the group and let your mates grind and such. This is all about roles and different playstyle. All of them have their own risk and cons, just like pros. This is the case.

I don't really care if I got nerfed, because I find challenge in mastering a class with a lot potential, which is fun. With playing her, I can learn her weak points, which will help me to fight against other Sorceresses as well. But for this, I must SEE those weak points, not complaining about nonsenses.

Lot of people complaining about Mystics, for example, and she is still broken.
    I could complaining about Kunoichi too, because I was a hard time with 1v1 them but hey, isn't our role are different in the battlefield - I asked (as succ Ranger)? Isn't their role to assasinate others? So why should I being surprised that I can't 1v1 easily a role which role is clearly different than mine, and I can be pain in the ass in different situations?
    You want to delete a class because she do what her very role requires?

Until then, whatever will come in the future, you got no any other option just learn a bit more about your class and Sorcerer's with open eyes. So good luck!

#10 Feyrill, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  11. Netreiam

I love how every time someone points out how sorc I-frames are dumb af the counter argument is always something along the lines of "Every sorc is a 200IQ gamer god; a master of their class that has spent 10000 years practicing their craft. Maybe if you cavemen pvped on your class for once in your life you would learn how to fight"

I swear the ego is unreal.

Flamingfred, Basic, Stealthe and 7 others like this.
  12. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

If you have a grab, sorc isnt a problem, lahn has the best grab in awakening, sorc is good against disorganized groups, i still think the iframes could use a tweak, but because PA uses a sledgehammer when nerfing things, i dont talk about other classes. Without iframes sorc is ****.

PeaceInChaos, Feyrill and Xairen like this.
  13. Catastigma

Easy fix. Change 5/7 of Knockdown to bound and Knockback.

14. H4T3

Yet another thread by a noob complaining about how OP sorc is and showing he doesn't know the first thing about the class when spreading the good old "infinite iframe".
    Funny how the noobs say she's so BROKEN and yet after PA said they would balance the classes they buffed her two weeks in a row.
    Maybe after hearing GIT GUD for the thousandth time someone may actually take the advice and try to improve instead of asking for nerfs on the classes they struggle against.

Spectrari, Shawnn, jenisiz7 and 2 others like this.
  15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

if u nerf shadow ignition and their 50% it would be a good start.

16. Aiwen

This Again, if a sorceress is ATTACKING they are not in an I-FRAME. I have sorc and shai, shai has this luvly ability called play dead. Sorcs jumping is basically the same :D

17. chendu

There's already many topic on the subject, and no need for another.
    Play sorc then come complain and we'll see how you change your mind, in the meantime if a modo could close or merge this, thanks

jenisiz7 and Feyrill like this.
  18. Ungvi

Get ready for more sorcs now, when all the lahns re-roll.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  19. Netreiam

Weird that they would reroll to such a weak but insanely high skilled class. Don't you have to play for 10 years, 25 hours a day to learn sorc?

Basic likes this.
  20. Lofty

Not to mention the 200 IQ requirement

Basic likes this.