1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress I-frames needs to be removed/nerfed next

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Thanosmeansdeath, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Too bad that with my class it is recommended to use the arrow when an attack is made from a distance (work with 1 skill), in addition to that there is no tactic, so it is enough not to use the attacks from a distance and in any case we have the same chance to hit, only that I have a stiffness at medium distance every 14 seconds .. we add that in that video he (don't forget he also says that the class is OP) plays quietly to get caught, it is absolutely not so easy in reality, in RBF in any case they know how to do it becoming your own CC part of the iframes, you are defending a class that has wrong mechanics, at the cheat level and that incorrectly compared to others can also avoid spending billions on the armor ..

2. ForsakenCrusader

U mean the flying? The thing that's unprotected?

3. ConGie

Shift+S - iFrame disengage.
    Shift+Space Super Armor for uninterrupted movement followed by nimbus dismount for iframe and evasion buff incase anyone followed
    phantom dance if anyone did follow
    create more distance with bloody stride

Flying is protected, the only movement I mentioned in there that isn't protected is bloody stride.

4. ConGie

I never said it was easy, of course it's hard. What in the world makes you think we can avoid spending money on armor? If you think she's so great then why aren't you playing her?

5. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I find it boring and I think it ruins the pvp balance, I play my class because it has the right degree of difficulty, it is not OP, and it is one of the few classes that make pvp both fun and difficult, I would never throw away all the time I have dedicated on my character in 4 years only to have the strongest class.

I can assure you that I have met many sorc that until they suffered damage thanks to the iframes could compete against anyone, if hit it turned out that they had no defense, of course there are also those who have defenses and having them is always better, but with other classes not having a good armor makes it impossible for you to compete, because you die in the first attack, or simply in the engagement towards your goal, or simply running away, this thing happens to you only in case you remain without stamina and you are surrounded, with other classes instead the risk is constant and armor really matters.

FairlyEnjoyable and Fateneko like this.
  6. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Storming Crow xD Takes a true pepega to get CC'd by that hahah but you're right...SA + bound, unreliable to rely on with 285% x 2 hit, tiny hit box, awkward to even use. K Sorc has 1...technically, thank you for pointing it out.

7. PeaceInChaos

It's only protected during the dash. On hit, it is unprotected.

8. PeaceInChaos

Xairen likes this.
  9. ForsakenCrusader

U know u can get grabbed through sa right?

10. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I agreed below about not nerfing her.
    Just saying using that logic didn't make sense to me.
    Because, like i was saying with awakened valk, her only protected cc is a super close range preawakened fg skill, Just Counter, that does a stiffness, 4s cd. Other closest thing is Wave of light (vacuum), gets a FG while charging it, but its unprotected at first, 25s cd and a good few sec delay before going off.
    Sorc has storming crow as a SA bound with a debuff and no cd. Pretty sure you can kinda use blades of darkness for a CC while protected. (pop out a blade, get behind them, they turn, hit them with a blade for knockback while you're teleporting or in FG, been a long while since i messed with it.)
    Yes, valk does have a grab, I am not saying Valk should have sorc iframes, just saying comparing the two. Valk has more risk than sorc, so the logic didn't make much sense. Thats just my opinion, i don't mean any offense by it.

But again, yes, I do agree they shouldn't nerf sorc. Would honestly rather they buffed all the other classes to the point where they can add more protections on skills and open up sorc than destroy her. When they **** on Valk a good while back, straight up ruined the game. If Succession wasn't fun, I wouldn't even be playing this game right now. So I do not wish that on any class.

#250 Muhaha, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  11. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

I would agree nerfing stomring crow CC tbh, by either adding a CD or simply removing its CC straight away, but other than that.. Blades always leave a gap, both the blade spawning skill and the blade launching skill are unprotected, you can in fact as a valk punish it with spears for example (and its quite a safe punish as when they are on awak they cant dod you fast enough to counter ur spears, and if ur far enough their only way to attempt would be shadow leap which can be both predicted and punished)

Anyways a nerf to GRJ 50% dmg on awak and an overall nerf to succ dmg (this one is hard to argue as succ has nothing else other than dmg tbh) would be the way to go for nerfing sorc, but tbh, on the current state there are monsters far FAAAAAAAR more scary than a sorc ehem wiz succ.

PeaceInChaos, Muhaha and sajdas like this.
  12. thdsm

Good question, after all the classes are basically the same, if you ignore a few minor insignificant differences such as lahn being loaded with protected dmg in succ and having a grab in awak (nobody cares about these things) and having one of the best distance mobility and disengage moves (again, irrelevant, disengaging is for cowards). Otherwise yeah, nearly identical. zzz

Considering there are other classes that do more dmg with certain regular skills than 50% GRJ, I don't think any nerfs to that are even necessary.

sajdas likes this.
  13. ForsakenCrusader

Then you realise that lahn needs the protected skills on succ cuz her animations are way longer than sorc, but she is just a squishy so idk why she can't have the no cd iframe, sorc succ has more damage than succ lahn, if u don't want cd on iframes nerf the succ damage.

14. ColdCashDivine

If they remove Iframes they should give an equal grab to every class or remove grabs. Do you like grab-n-win classes? :D everyone does.

15. Netreiam

I think there is a good case for nerfing grabs but that would require the rebalance of so many classes, especially current non-grab classes, that it would require a lot more discussion and testing to properly balance.

16. ConGie

Sure do, that's why I gave you the order in which to use skills. If you're suggesting you get grabbed while flying often I would be overly surprised.

Everyone seems to forget that for rushing crow. Very easy to counter in 1v1 and if anyone is paying attention in a group.

They already nerfed sorc succ and I don't think saying lahn succ isn't as powerful is accurate at all, she does a ton of damage.

Why in the world would you want to nerf a bsr, those are supposed to hit like a truck on any class. It doesn't one shot people or anything crazy, this seems to be a pointless change.

17. ConGie

That's the fun of the class; you can go for to toe with people who far out gear you if your individual skill allows for it. The class is designed so death comes when you **** up, that's the point. High risk and high reward. You may not find that style fun but a lot of people enjoy the high stress all or nothing style. I'm running 315dp on nouver and armor still doesn't matter against trial characters AP, armor will never matter on sorc so what's the point in pushing that on her? The risk is just as constant it's just manifested differently.

18. ForsakenCrusader

Lahn succ got heavier nerfs than sorc, she lost damage along with sa and mm, u seem to forger that sorc has ranged damage has fg and has sa as well on top of the infinite i-frames, something gotta give...

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  19. ForsakenCrusader

Dp doesn't matter on tamer too, cuz she have little to no protected skills i don't see you playing the high risk tamer, i see you playing the broken no cd i frame sorc

Wollbert likes this.
  20. Netreiam

Tamer is actually one of the more protected preawakenings. And on relatively good skills too.
    [​IMG] SA + Stiff
    [​IMG]SA + AoE stun
    [​IMG]FG+ mid-ranged knockback
    and ofc
    [​IMG]SA + AoE stiffness trap for ~3s

Her major weakness is that her I frame (which is also no CD) has gaps that make her easier to get CCed with and that she is even squishier than sorc.

Heilang also can be buggy and straight up not work, which can really **** tamers over.