1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i guess what he tried to "confirm" with that is that "omg look ranged classes do so much damage. see iframes arent broken its the dmg ranged classes do"

2. Rekch

Rekch Krid DarkKnight 62 EU

Range classes are indeed cancer if you can't evade their damages or in mass pvp, tho 1 player being able to pressure an entire raid feels more op to me but idk.

3. thdsm

Translation: "I went on twitch and watched a few streamers play succ sorc until they said "lol, this is busted" (don't know what they referred too cus don't understand what all those effects on the screen mean), so I'll use this to try to shame people into agreeing and farm some forum likes from ppl who never touched sorc."

Comment: "every single competent sorc player" will normally tell you that certain skills in succession have indeed busted damage and usability (abyssal flame being best example) and that succ pvp damage is somewhat overtuned in general, but nobody actually competent will tell you that iframes are the issue. This means that the next patch while touching the correct things will do absolutely nothing to your problem.

4. BloodLeshen

you dont play sorc do you? Crow food is about the one skill no sorc spec so stating we use our shards for iframes doesnt make sense. Just because we own a skill doesn't mean its any good. Yes we can balance our stamina and mana usage to do way more iframes regardless of stamina (not in succession though)

#244 BloodLeshen, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  5. BloodLeshen

Its funny how sorc with her iframes actually used to be bottom tier in pvp. When I started playing BDO and googled all polls websites and everything claimed her pvp was just above witch wizard and I was sure I've chosen the worst class ever because for 6 months that was the case. Luckily that was old info.

So that tells you iframes wasn't always the problem.. Then they changed the cc system. That benefited sorc. Then they added rabams.. That benefited sorcs probably more than any other class.. Then people started getting insane ap and the ap scaling is too high especially for sorc. With low AP you could easily out play a sorc.

The only time you see a OP sorc in node and siege wars where some sorc kills 300 people with 20 deaths is when they heavily out gear their opponents. The problem is not the sorc its the damage at that high AP.. remove/reduce the scaling. Even if only they reduce 261, 265 and 269 brackets to +5 each that would already help.

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Iframes were not the problem because every class had tons of protected movement and you were able to pressure a sorc into running out of stamina while being protected yourself. Generally all classes without grab were not really good back then.
    Since the changes most classes lost a big part of their protected kit, especially movement which made protected movement insanely strong. The strongest one is iframe movement of sorc because you can't even damage her in it. You can kill a musa or maehwa while they dash around for example.

Rekch, easay9 and Netreiam like this.
  7. BloodLeshen

True. So back then pvp was even more basic. You just stood still protected and trade damage. the one with the highest damage won.. apart from grab because it was the only viable cc.

At least succession sorc is then a step in the right direction.. The stamina usage is very high so you cannot blink around. you rely way more on FG and SA from the skills which means you get caught behind FG or dies in SA. The only problem is the high damage but its not a real problem because they already nerfded 2 skills.. Now the nerfs are even higher up to 35% damage for multiple skills.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nope, pvp was not more basic, it was different. You had way more different tools to play around and you were able to do longer combos.

The only problem with succession succ is that her crowflare regenerates shards on fg hit which make sorc able to constantly iframe.

Netreiam and dobe like this.
  9. Xairen

crow food is actually a really good skill, and can enable you to play incredibly aggressive in both awakening/succession. in a scenario where you are out of stamina but have full shards, you can iframe a good amount with no stamina if you utilize dark trade/throw out skills to replenish shards. you do get shards if you hit a frontal guard. DoD gives about 25 and ignition/eruption both give about 15; with no stamina, that gives you about 10-12 iframes to work with to either play aggressive or back off, and that's in awakening. i'm not sure which sorcs you're seeing but most sorcs i'm buddies with specs it.

crow food is also half of the reason (with the damage being the other half) why people are crying even harder to nerf iframes because it synergizes insanely well with succession crow flare. in fact if you take this away, succession becomes trash imo because stamina drains twice as fast as awakening forcing you to play full defense. with less utility than awakening to regain stamina, you become an unprotected duck just begging to get cc'd

#249 Xairen, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    BloodLeshen likes this.
  10. BloodLeshen

My bad. I can actually see it being viable for succession yes now that you mention it.

Xairen likes this.
  11. Xairen

all good haha it's all about perspective. i didn't think it was a good skill for a long time until someone told me about it as well.

12. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

@BloodLeshen and all others sorc like him
    You are one of this forum's joke....
    You completely Aped your mind and completely negated FACTS of other people on one of the most broken mechanic(even by BDO standard) and succession empower it to the next level which is iframing without stamina and without CD.And why did you aped through 13 page of this thread?Because you lacked even basic knowledge on your own class,which can be readed on black and white from and an excel sheet not even needed to play that damn game to see how godly this stuff is.....yikes.
    https://bdocodex.com/us/skillcalc/

And the worst thing is you completely voided all the dudes repeating stuff on a broken record but you only tried to understand the issues only when an another sorc pointed you basic knwoledge of your class you as sorc should be aware of.....

FORUM IS A TOTAL JOKE NOWADAYS.....

Cyrus Jackson, easay9 and AZzalor like this.
  13. Netreiam

14. easay9

When the game rework hit sorc Iframe remained untouched. This is the primary issue. Thats not to say shes the only issue to awful pvp design got all these tanks in the game that are not even tanky ninja kuno and sorc can basically ignore entire groups of people and nuke with rediculous AOE and damage. These classes are the issue the other assassins I did not list have to commit to a kill they give up all protection they are held in place when attacking.

AZzalor likes this.
  15. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

The issue is more an issue about devs Aping their own game because the BDO Korean community is the game biggest flaw....Letting the KR preferred stat screwing gear balance with classes effectiveness and seizing the fate of PvP.
    That doesnt help when people who know better at this game took their leave from this game/forums and letting all the pepegas talking big now (litteraly a second KR community was born during 2018/19).

16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If that was the case, the meta would be completly different.

17. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

KR Meta of squishy range other anything else?Or something else?

18. Netreiam

Identifying issues is one part but proposing solutions is also important. I wouldn't lump ninja and sorc together because the existence of grab means that ninja will always have some viability as long as he can get grab off. Sorc becomes a joke without enough damage to bust shields.

Changing the damage doesn't "fix" anything, it just puts a bandaid on the problem, which is why the game is as ****ed as it currently is. PA is entirely too fond of quick easy "fixes" that fail to address underlying mechanics.

Sorc is an inherently unfair class, both to those that play it and those that fight against it. Until her base mechanics change it will never be balanced.

Rekch and dobe like this.
  19. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

But this was balanced when people had to commit to combo on 8 skill and more.Which mean ~700 GS right now.

20. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

For awk*