1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Xairen

i would actually prefer this over nerfing 2 classes (and potentially killing) that are completely fine where they are. been saying it for some time now too. if you have 5 people and 4 of them break a leg, you don’t break the 5th dude’s leg to even the playing field. hopefully you get what i’m saying.

remember PA lynched a majority of classes in april 2018. it’s not like they can’t do a patch full of buffs for lots of classes.

RiotStar likes this.
  2. easay9

Yes it makes more sense to buff everyones damage way higher and give them more protections so 15 classes need buff . Rather then nerfing 2 .

This makes no sense what so ever why anyone would think this its just the people who are getting easy kills defending thier broken classes

3. lolfail

Oh look, another thread complaining sorc is OP, showcasing a bunch of morons spamming skills in RBF where no one knows what gear anyone's packing. Haven't seen this before. Don't worry, I'm sure this will finally be the day some random a** twitch clip of sloppy red battlefield play will result in the KR devs completely reworking a class's core mechanics and gameplay so you can catch them without needing to engage your brain at all.

Lol I was there for that, that guy was hilarious. Why bother learning how to play when you can go to the boards and ask for nerfs instead? IIRC he was the one who swore up and down in one thread that iframes were 'effectively infinite with no resource cost' because they didn't use mana. Mentioning stamina didn't even faze him.

Xairen, BloodLeshen and RiotStar like this.
  4. jenisiz7

Been saying this for days in the thread. Even with these nerfs to sorc people are still going to be crying and it's mainly because the iframes didnt get the nerf. You called the vid, it's a few pages back and was used to show how "broken" she is, meanwhile any decent player can count innumerable opportunities the aggressors missed but shes still broken, ha. Instead of getting better, people prefer to spam grabs and aoes and if any class has a defense against the meta, she gotta be nerfed.

5. Lenerlink

(Sips soda)

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

7. Netreiam

Um, the sorc obviously was using his 3000 IQ to simultaneously predict and outmanuever each of those 6-15 people he was being attacked by. Maybe if you were as skilled as a sorc then you could I frame on your other classes?

Basic, Cyrus Jackson, 0Ninja and 3 others like this.
  8. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

What was the Sorc's build (Rhik Talisman)? Was the Sorc using a Pure Blackstone? Was the Sorc using Whale Tendon Potions / Elixers? Unfortunately, it can't be said in hindsight. Any normal, non-PBS / non-Whale Tendons would die instantly in that scenario.

Sorc was KD'd a bunch of times and didn't successfully dodge many of those attacks.

9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

looks rather like bugged v out of cc. and then, i would hit her with shotgun anytime

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  10. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

If you pause the vid, you can see his buffs.
    Didn't see any pure blackstone, think its a ynix buff or one of the newer alch stones?? or dude just doesn't have an alch stone running,
    if you watch his HP, doesn't like look he whale pots, he gets back to half but i'm pretty sure that bloody calamity. Little hp bumps were probably hp pots and abyssal or something of the sort. Pretty sure he V'd out when he got super lower, and it bugged, but still even then the bug bs only lasts a few sec at best. He lasted longer than that.

Choice is a 685? GS Zerker, pretty sure he doesn't have accuracy or ap issues. Like anything 640+ gs is pretty much godlike, its more than full pen armor/weapons.

11. HamSandFridge

sorc has never been buffed, always nerf, history has shown this time and time again. But because of external factors (Current One-Shot Meta), sorc became the monster she is now. I hate to use league of legend as an example, but even the incompetent rito knows the surfaced frustration players are facing in every season. Each season introduces a new meta, be it assassin, or adc. Assassin champ which is weak, unable to carry or contribute to the game at all became the dominant predator when 'meta' is in their favor, so is the adc meta.

Yet, has rito ever nerf them? No.
    Rather than nerfing a champion down, they introduce new items that allow players to counter or at least have a way to deal with the frustrating meta and leave the meta for the players to deals with themselves. A game with 120+ champion who all have four unique abilities along with countless items filled with different stats has the flexibility for countering meta.

This is the same situation that sorc is currently facing, except bdo gearing system and class are not as flexible as having a variety of items with different effects nor 120+ characters with different abilities. It's because of this inflexible system of 'power' that Sorc becomes the problem she is now, causing many players frustration. And I see nothing wrong with frustration, especially when the meta is in favor of such a class.

But here comes the issue, people want to nerf a class core skill (In this case, Iframe), just so they can bring sorc down to the same playing field of other class.

But I ask, what's the root cause of the current meta? In my opinion, the huge gap disparity between the ap/DP bracket. The amount of ap you can gain ap bracket when compared to the DP Bracket is incomparable. One way to fix this is to buff dp, making it more viable. As for now, dp literally serves zero purposes once you encounter someone who's above 261 ap.
    One way to address this is to tweaks the DP around and see what works to mitigate some of the insane cc games we are playing.

Another is to buff other classes and bring them to the same playing field as a sorc. But this proposes a problem. Sorc is 'strong' at the moment not because of her kit, but because of 'One-Shot Meta'. Previously, before this meta came, sorc was seen as the unfortunate one, the class which was nerfed several times without receiving many life-changing buffs. No one complains about her iframe, or whatever the heck she does in the background. Her kit revolving around Iframe has always remained true to its essence since the very implementation and creation of the class.

Thus, the solution of buffing other classes to be on the same or at least near the playing field of sorc brings about another problem. Like stated, sorc is strong atm because of the meta, but what happens once that meta shift toward something else?

Once again, this would leave Sorc behind in the dust, to be irrelevant until another meta similar to the 'One-Shot Meta' arrive. It's a relentless cycle, every meta will have a top-dog class that are being a complaint about by frustrated players.

#291 HamSandFridge, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Xairen, Fateneko, H4T3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ashenvall

You are smart. I like you.

13. easay9

Keep defending this broken class Iframes that are spam able are broken and have no reason to exist in any game with PVP

14. HamSandFridge

first of all, thanks for the non-informative reply, if you don't have anything to contribute to this argument, the door is always there. If you do have anything to say, that is 'facts', then feel free to create a proper respond instead of using the same phrase over and over again. Once again, thank you.

Fateneko likes this.
  15. easay9

Ive already gave input other then this in this thread maybe you should go read them :shrug

16. Xairen

don't waste your time on these people, especially ones who leave official BDO to play a dollar tree version of BDO that is filled to the brim with the bottom-of-the-barrel, worst players in the entire community. literally the last people you want to talk to about anything class balanced bc they are completely biased.

they just skip over anything that makes sense and then complain iframe op

just watch from the sidelines tbh.

Serendipity likes this.
  17. easay9

and another sorc main defending the spamable iframes nice.

AZzalor likes this.
  18. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

And another one who doesn't understand sorc.

19. easay9

And another sorc main who thinks spamable iframes is healthy for PVP , everyone understands sorc heck the ones that dont realize you can just iframe forever without getting cced while using macros that for some reason are allowed ......
    to do it faster. Sorry its not a secret we all know how you people do it.

Cannot defend a class that durring the games rework got no iframes removed

20. Ashaara

>>Big Suggestion here for you << Play the class yourself if you think that it is so crazy op! You are allowed to do that like everyone else! I love how often you spam the forum with the same sentences over and over again, like someone who actually loves the class. I bet secretly your a sorc main too :) If not try it first! And after that tell me of your Arthritis you became after spamming those drillion buttons you need to learn before perfectioning that class. I really envy all those other classes where you just need to hit literally one button to do something lol.

#300 Ashaara, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Fateneko likes this.