1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. easay9

Again with this i press more buttons therefore i should be able to spam iframe crap. There are other classes that also have to press multiple buttons to combo in uncomfortable ways. Once again game rework came out sorc kept all iframes meanwhile rest of classes lost almost all of them. Its not balanced stop defending it

Blitzball likes this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Macros are not allowed, just nearly impossible to detect so there's not much they can do about the use of them.

3. Thanosmeansdeath

Should just turn their i-frames into super armor or put more CD between i-frame. The most broken thing about this class is they can stand on 10 ppl spamming AOEs and not take any damage. All other classes would be grabbed or killed from AOE damage if they stuck around for 1/10th the time I've seen sorceress spam their nonsense but this has no effect on a sorceress due to the invulnerable i-frame spam they all do.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i think its a mix of them being able to spam iframes whenever they feel like it and actually "disappearing" during those so its really hard to keep track of them which annoys most people

Opux and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  5. Xairen

1 month and 1 week

i’m wondering if that’s a new record or not. can’t remember.

6. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

It is like a broken record that goes on forever...

7. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

It's about how the class was setup to be. The class is intended as an evasive class designed around the 'hit and run' tactic (or 'hit and iFrame' really). The iFrames is an essential part of the class and which makes that class work. Removing iFrames will be like cutting the wing feathers of a bird for a sorceress. So no, iFrames will not be removed no matter how loud evereyone cries about it.

PeaceInChaos and Diazine like this.
  8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes, and classes like valk were designed around having protection in basically every skill, still they removed most of them in their rework making the class ****.

So only because a class was designed around something, doesn't mean it will not be changed or taken away as it happend multiple times in bdo history already.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so.... damage nerf then? :popcorn:

10. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

That would be a lot more reasonable and would not kill the class. If you do less damage you can still try to get better gear or do more combos. I would be perfectly fine with that, didn't really get the outcry back when the nerfed violation anyways.

11. ConGie

Screw that, sorc already relies on combos and bringing up valk being nerfed as an argument is silly. BUFF valk and buff other classes that need it. Just because you didn't hear outcry about violation doesn't mean there wasn't, it's part of why violation is getting a pve buff. Did a 63 wizard just call for a damage nerf on sorc? Are you kidding me?

jenisiz7 likes this.
  12. jenisiz7

People don't like the fact it's not as easy as pressing grab or aoe to kill a sorc...so gotta nerf. They dont even realize, other classes have 1 sec iframes...if this was applied to sorcs then they must be ok with more damage and protection added right? You and I both know they wouldn't stand for it.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

More dmg? Not needed. Sorc already does incredible high dmg. More protections? Sure, that would be needed to balance it out. Giving sorc a few fg/sa would definitly be better than letting a sorc keep iframe spam.

14. ConGie

Hell no they wouldn't.

That's already been tried and people bitched about it back in early 2017 and subsequently removed or nerfed those protections and then nerfed her iframes through increased stamina consumption.

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Increased stamina consumption obviously is not enough. What the iframes need is a cd on them and being sa on cd, similar to maehwa/musa dash or lahn sidestep. It will still give sorcs the mobility and ways to dodge skills but not make them completly immune to dmg and allows for other classes to pressure them with dmg through sa. Then add 2-3 protections to other skills and the class will be way more balanced than it is now.

You know something is wrong when even the top sorc players say that sorc is op.

16. Ashenvall

Top sorc are trolling most of the time.
    And sorc is lame in kr. So, sorc is not going to receive any nerf. End of the discussion and this thread.

MikeyMutz likes this.
  17. H4T3

Except Maehwa get 10x times more speed while consuming much less stamina? Have much more protections and have protected CCs and still isn't considered a particularly great class, yeah sure let's turn Sorc into a slower maehwa with little protection, because it's not at all like you never even played the class and just want to nerf any class that gives you any trouble until you can just bash your head on the keyboard and win.
    And I trust Macilus to talk about balancing above any "top sorc" that only exists on your head.

B00tsy likes this.
  18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I actually played sorc for around half a year.
    Again i'm not saying that it should be changed in exactly the same way. A 1sec cd on it would be perfect, making every 2nd jump sa. That gives plenty of ways to dodge and evade, way more than a maehwa can do.

I also said that in return, sorc should get other protections.

But you know, sorcs being actually at the bottom would be a nice change either way, after being at the top for a very long time.

19. H4T3

What top? when? Even now in the current meta shes just one more among MANY tier 1 1vs1 classes like warrior, ninja, kuno, tamer, lahn with the diference that sorc is slower and have no grab wich makes classes like guardian a nightmare and warrior pretty much a counter.
    Also she ALREADY got an SA jump which is the flow after iframe and you have to know when to iframe or to flow to conserve stamina which I use quite often.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Sorc is top because she is strong in nearly every scenario, while other classes are mostly strong in only one or two areas of the game.
    And besides that are iframes in the current meta simply the strongest mechanic the game offers and a class having near infinite iframes is alone with this fact one of the strongest classes. Every other class can be killed through sa or their block can be broken, but iframes simply have no counter to them. A good sorc will simply not get caught and only potentially die if she actually goes for for a risky cc. There is no other class in this game that can do that.