1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Kritikkk

its ****ing pathetic still people thinks sorc is balanced its ridicolous, still iframes the nerfs

FairlyEnjoyable and Kurtferro79 like this.
  2. ConGie

Y'all make me tired. We're all about to get nerfed because that's all anyone asks for. Go back to your own class threads and ask for buffs that will get you to the supposed level of a sorc.

3. peanut777

This class needs nerfed so bad its a joke. Why wont GM's listen ? Can we get some kinda REPLY from Dev's ???

FairlyEnjoyable and Kurtferro79 like this.
  4. Törni

No you can't, deal with it or leave.

B00tsy and Ashenvall like this.
  5. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Every time I enter RBF I lose the desire to play, seeing certain classes, including the sorceres, buff my class (when? lose the hope) and get all at that level for me would be a global worsening of the level, already embarrassing, of the pvp, prefer a downsizing of this class, also of others of course, and of some skills in general, that's why I don't claim a buff from my class but a downward balance of various classes and abilities, therefore it is not a specific attack on the Sorc but only a piece for arrive at a balance done well, which results in a more manageable, interesting and reasoned PVP, where the player's ability really matters and each class has its own space.

peanut777 likes this.
  6. ConGie

They have replied before and said "she is working as intended". This isn't the first thread this has been brought up in and I'm sure with people continuing to just get on here after every time they lose to a sorc this won't be the last thread either.

That's what we all want, nerfs are not the way to do that. We have already gone down that road and that's how we got to where we are now. I would rather see issues with classes fixed, such as the Maehwa's dash thing being super buggy.

7. peanut777

I hardly think anyone cares about losing to Sorc lol ... perhaps what people care about is a game they have invested into, where currently one class gets Darth Vader powers and the other class gets a plastic spoon. Nothing about it is fun, its painfully absurd. And BTW, you do know that "anyone" can play Sorc right ? I mean by your post it sounds to me that you are quite a simple person :)

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  8. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

What could balance my class or others against an immortal ability? we should have either all the offensive skills with iframe :) or all the defensive ones, as you see it would go too far, for this it is really necessary to make the iframe ability limited with CDs, that you can have more and more frequently than other classes who have other predominant abilities, I don't doubt it, but one cannot generalize if the nerf have led to this, simply because they have been bad, and the result is that they have benefited some classes.

I ask for a targeted nerf, which must be done with logic, to make the PVP playable, in my opinion the ranged, the types of CC must be completely reviewed, there are many aspects to be evaluated, the strong and weak points and the correct balance, we have already understood that DEVs are not able and often wrong to satisfy needs opposite to ours from Koreans.

9. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

The whole pvp gets rebalanced anyways, why should they change the defining core mechanic of sorcs just to please some crybabies now?

H4T3, Xairen, PeaceInChaos and 2 others like this.
  10. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Sorc = 0 reliable protected CC while most classes have multiple protected CC abilities - in a game that revolves around CC first. Storming Crow is the only protected CC Sorc has, and it is an extremely small hitbox, is unreliable to intentionally land because of awkward range, tiny hitbox and only a laughable x2 modifier.
    Sorc = 0 grab in a game that rewards CC'ing your opponent first, especially knockdown CC
    Sorc= 0 reliable protected damage, aside from Cartian's Nightmare which is trickle damage, not burst damage, and locks you into place begging to be grabbed.
    Sorc = Stamina guzzler + having stamina regen nerfed even more in Succession stance
    Sorc = Suffers the most from desync or lag, having entire abilities cancelled due to desync / lag (IE: Engulfing Shadow, if you lag/desync during the animation, the damage tick which triggers at the end of the ability is completely cancelled out - completely). That's just one example. There are more.
    Sorc = 2020 and the class is still very "clunky" feeling. Compare Sorc iframe to DK. DK iframes are much, much smoother. With Sorc, there is still the "locked" feeling between iframes - that "locked" feeling being minuscule when framerate is good, but when there is a stutter - and BDO has A LOT of stutters - the "locked" feeling is extremely prevalent.

2020 and Sorc core issues are still not addressed. Class is good on the surface, but when you look deeper, Sorc needs a lot of love from the devs, but will not receive those core fixes because I think the devs rather spend that money + time on new classes. It would require some heavy re-coding, I feel, to fix this classes problems, especially the "smoothness" of the class. Sorc is only viable because of spammable iframes (that sometimes don't work well due to desync). Without spammable iframes, Sorc needs an effective way to be protected while on the offensive like every other class, IE: Protected CC, Protected damage - like pretty much every other class. We don't need a grab with spammable iframes, but is the only reason Sorc doesn't need this extremely powerful form of CC.

11. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Can I tell you this all falsity? just see what a sorc does in RBF, no comment, Why I want nerf? because you have a skill that nobody should have as you have it, it's fine if you add those things that you miss that tide, but immunity must be left to the GM (of the game not of the guilds)

Do I have to make videos to deny you?

12. Boink

Don't worry there will be a new "SORC" and even "Guardian" in town! Coming soon!

13. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

You're level 63 forum member since 2016 and still do not realize how incredibly strong having PROTECTED CC is.

Sorc has ZERO reliable protected CC - we have iframes to compensate. I go to Velia 4 RBF in NA pretty often - I see Sorcs that rek everyone and I see Sorcs that end up with +1 point - JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS.

What it comes down to is your GEAR and your CONTROL in the end. Period. End of story.

You do't even know the gear of the Sorcs in your RBF games. You can show clips if you want, but any person with HALF A BRAIN can post clips of ANY OTHER CLASS pumping out the same results. Here's an example: Succession Mystic.

"OMG MYSTIC IS SO BROKEN, NERF NERF NERF QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ for DAYYYYYS"
    smfh.

#333 PeaceInChaos, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  14. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

This a montage.. , protected cc useless if you 1 shot me from distance and can evade all my attack and cc me from back when im in fg with 0 risk, you dont consider how fast are your cc and how many cancel have and how many gain with high FPS, if in RBF you can see sorc CC group and didnt get CC from multiple attack is not a gear related issue, or jump for minutes without end stamina when i end 4 times

#334 Kurtferro79, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Akantorian likes this.
  15. ConGie

Alright, I am done. These threads over the years have affected me too much. I'm done. Have fun continuing this seemingly endless circle. I've said my piece. I'm just gonna go play the game and enjoy it.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  16. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

I am at 288 Ap...the only people 1 oneshot in RBF are people with low gear. If you get one shot in RBF it is most likely a ranger or archer got you. Or you made the mistake standing near a guardian or witch or wizard.
    But really most of the time it comes down to gear anyways. I have seen quite few classes dominate RBF because they simply outgear others.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  17. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

Adapt or convert people. Nothing stopping ya from becoming a Sorsceress as well. I have no doubt that if you convert you will have a much harder time than you imagined playing that class and find out that the class is not OP at all.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  18. Xairen

they wont convert because they don’t want to find out how hard it is to actually execute the **** they’re spewing out kekw

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  19. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I work all day so I do not have time to waste to start a new class again, a guildmate who spends all the time in the ba and tries all the classes has confirmed that the Sorc is OP in an embarrassing way, if you want I can ask him to write here... but you will not change your opinion since it is simply convenient for you to defend your class.

Have you tried other classes?

if yes, following your reasoning, since you use this class it means that you have found it stronger, this is your reasoning that if we do not use the Sorc it is because it is not strong, but it also applies to you though,

otherwise you do not have used other classes and always using your reasoning you should not know if you are OP or not compared to other classes.

These examples based on your opinions do not lead to any reason since reversing the question towards you the result would be the same.

so I think you are not giving any valid argument to validate your thesis.

alastersan likes this.
  20. yachicoOwO

Lmao how to adapt to a class that can spam iframes 24/7 and one pop u with one skill??? Imo sorc's dash needs to have Cd 1-2sec like Ninja/Kuno's dash