1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sorc damage is still disgusting high dps on global labs, altho ranged part of it is nerfed.

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  2. Akantorian

Yes, as far as I know, 90% of ranged dmg got nerfed for everyone, sorc skills are untouched and even buffed unless theyre the ranged nukes from pre and succ, those are pretty nerfed

3. ForsakenCrusader

And thank God for those nerfs, the ranged damage was retarded af.

Blitzball and alastersan like this.
  4. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Damage and strong cc in ranged is retard and big aoe skill too, action combat system useless thanks autoaim for ranged and big explosion like football field, for a decent pvp you need to limit the ranges and attack areas, my class is a perfect example where it is important to be precise and the attack area is limited and at high risk, in mass pvp there would be real duels and not duels end-of-the-world skill spam.

5. WhySoSeeryus

they will have to re-balance some **** tho because we can legit see some classes at endgame gear afk fairy outpotting some classes dmg while themselves few skills others.

Fateneko likes this.
  6. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

your class is the perfect examble of classes being too fast in movement and CCs so opponents cant even react, since the game cant even keep up.

grabbing a maewha is an examble for high precision playerskill.

7. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Grab is the least skill that exists, if you have difficulty to grab learn when to do it and use other tricks, almost all classes have strong mov speed debuffs which reduce my class to nothing, even ranged, and then with the actualy damage (maybe protected when i cant do nothing because i dont have grab) grabbing today doesn't make sense if you don't have a good mind when you can do it.

almost everyone is waiting for block and grab, I am often grabbed even from distances outside of my strokes, I would like you to not get grabbed without a decent iframe in classes that can block and have continuous SA + front block, or grab in SA

Despite the fact that there are classes that move faster, often with long iframes, and they also have the grab, you make me laugh that you complain about the opposite, if you consider how many classes have grab, vacuum, speed debuff, ranged dmg, speed and grab (like warrior), do you really think my mobility is an advantage?

Grab is skill, need precision:

ahahahahaha

please try my class in rbf

#367 Kurtferro79, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. Akantorian

Aka wizz succ

9. Törni

All I see on your first footage is trying to SA trade a valk, hoping you could burn through her block and got appropiately punished for the misplay by a grab. Not only that, you pretty much left her no other option, as you froze her in place by hitting on her block.

What were you expecting to happen here, cause I don't see anything unusual. Most maehwas I encounter on RBF usually "sneaks" up from behind and try to secure a CC before attempting to cast a longer skill that will lock them in place. Or they play the chase-bow game, but never challenge a block class upfront without having first an opening on them.

10. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

You know that if a Valk is in block she has the SA + FG? you do not put any safe CC from back, she turns and grabs you, these are the complicated mechanics of some classes, block and grab...

11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

im a musa so i can understand the frustration when playing against people who just sit in block but Törni is right, u cant run into them u have to play it slow and wait it out. u really dont have any other counterplay to it besides timing ur iframe dash well and flipping it - hoping it doesnt desync and u can avoid the grab or to wait till they make a move.

12. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

But we cannot said that it is difficult on parry and grab as much as it is for us to wait for the right moment to attack, in RBF if you arrive from behind we cannot wait and calculate iframes on the chase, if you arrive from behind you already know that after a few seconds another opposing class arrives from back, so it is not quite that simple, we do not have the invisibility of an NJ to wait for the moment, yes like Musa you knows well but you have more ranged attacks and with high damage, like the rabam that allows you to break down even of the blocks in safety, with mae is much worse, we dont have safe attack to break a decent guard without risk a istant grab.

13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

yea but in rbf or group fights u shouldnt go for those classes anyway, u are supposed to get in the back of them during fighting thats why we have that nasty mobility only thing we can really do. ur not supposed to kill warriors, valks etc u are supposed to provide "supporting damage", catch reinforcements and jump on squishes like archers, rangers, wiz/witch etc
    and yea im aware musa is way better than mae sadly this class is kinda forgotten but we suffer from the same problems but just not as much

and in 1vs1 etc u can just fine time ur iframe chase even tho like i said its like flipping a coin sometimes u get the iframe sometimes u dont (even if u timed it well) cos of desync. and u cant sa trade those classes anyway (cos of the grab, some just win sa trades and debuffs etc) u can only fish for cc and hope to catch their back

14. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

In fact, here we talked about what was simple and what was not, here someone says that it is difficult to use the grab ..

15. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

It is so difficult to catch us:

as if the only way to stop us is the grab ..

16. WhySoSeeryus

or multiple people peppering u (one of you) with more than one slow each. :D

17. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Just 1 and you're no longer going anywhere, the sa does not block the debuffs, so it is very easy to take multiple, given how many have debuff ranged

18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

man i had that before aswell, it literally took 2 whole seconds to lift my stupid as stick for crust crusher feelsbadman

i dont mind slows that much since u can avoid most of them, especially looking at stuff like mae slows, warrior gravedigger etc
    but some like blizzard or guardian slows holy moly i get mad im literally moving in slow motion XD
    i found an old clip today fighting vs a guardian and literally avoided every skill with chase not even getting hit in sa, in those cases i am happy we have such superb mobility and im sad for classes who dont have such an easy on command mobility - 5 seconds later i dont dodge the skill she does and i get hit in sa and lose 3k hp in a second and im like well thats nice she didnt even cc me or anything yet im almost dead

19. Covid19

They nerfed crowflare it doesnt regen stam anymore

20. Anvorka

Where is the nerf of stamina I don't feel it in succesion ? And about Iframe pls ?
    I fought a sorceress during one hour and everytime I killed her it was by desync ...
    Sorceress doesn't have SA but she can cancel every spells with Iframe so impossible to CC without desync. What a nice mecanic. And during this time, you when you are spamming your SA to be not CC she can kill you inside. Nice too.

Replace Iframe by a spell with CD and SA when ? 'Cause like I said players can kill in your SA but them, you can't put DMG.

Succession's Dream of Doom needs to take a nerf DMG or to lose his CC. This **** can OS you and CC. You can project two DoD, what the **** is that ? Violation is too strong too.
    What a garbage class for casual.

#380 Anvorka, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Kurtferro79 and Blitzball like this.