1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorceress is an embarrassment for Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BloodieX, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Factorial

I don't think he has to say the obvious when his focus was on succession.

easay9, Akantorian and AZzalor like this.
  2. nolasigns

As long as they cannot kill people while fully protected, then I don't call it OP. Hopping around being chased all over the place isn't OP, that's a challenge to consider. Finding their patterns, habits, mistakes, weaknesses, whatever. One thing's for sure, you can keep em hopping until one of the above happens. They're not popping out on anyone with a plethora of CCs permalocking anyone to their deaths. What they do after an opening still depends on gear or use of optimal offensive rotations.

Fateneko likes this.
  3. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

I think this is the point where I say Sorc is actually busted. There's no way there won't be a nerf coming for Crow Flare in the future.
    Night Crow doesn't cc or damage people. Still gotta use other skills. But yeah... I have nothing else to say. Stamina was meant to be the mechanic to gate their iframes, but they straight up gave Sorcs a way to freely iframe as much as they want. Crow Flare is straight broken.

I mean, it's kind of warranted this time. You can't give anybody permanent 100% damage mitigation. This completely overrides stamina gates for iframes and is on a 2 second cd.

v.klishev, Fateneko and AZzalor like this.
  4. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

Ya, I totally see those other classes doing this stuff in RBF all the time.... not. The only class anywhere close to doing something similar to this would be ninja; More times than not, the ninja will die after they kill one or two people, unless they run away immediately.

5. Durakus

As a sorc main.

After watching the video.

Sorc was hit pretty consistently and the damage the sorc took was pretty much next to nothing.

No CC was effectively used when making connecting attacks, or was successful.

This is not an accurate representation of PVP of equally geared or knowledgeable players. It's more of a display of human incompetence.

Seriously, the sorc was successfully hit over 20 times and the CC didn't take?

People, as a whole, are not particularly skilled or intelligent. You Can, Do, and will, get groups of sub-par performing people. You see it in every game and every day life. Intelligence and skill is the OUTLIER, NOT THE NORM. this includes you and me. As much as you may not like that.

Go into an FPS game, and Wipe out an entire team by yourself. Is that character you played OP? Possibly, or is this a case of the entire team being inferior in skill to the player they went up against? This happens very often in games, and BDO is no exception.

thdsm likes this.
  6. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

People are still denying the mechanics,amazing.
    The exact comparison will be:each time a musa use dragon bite its stamina will regen to full...every 3 sec.How that could be balanced?!

AZzalor likes this.
  7. BloodieX

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say, no CC was applied cuz he is fully protected, so the CCs are not connecting cuz the window when he is taking damage is just a few milliseconds that are covered by frontal guard for the most part, he has a permanent invulnerability shield otherwise how can you say this is like wiping a team by yourself on a FPS??? this can only be compared to a hacker on an FPS wiping a team while using a cheat to take no damage, he is literally laughing on discord talking to his buddys like "yo i am perma iframe KEKW", he is not sweating it out pressing 25 keys per second, he is literally just chilling...

U get shot in any FPS from 2 different directions by 2 different players and u are not behind cover and you are ****ing dead dosnt matter how good you are, he is not evading damage using his input speed or his movement or his insane skill or his super human reflexes, he is literally pressing A/D+shift allowing him to avoid all incoming damage and CCs for the 95% of the frames while damage happened to go though this busted mechanic 5% of the time, CCs didn't apply, how can you say this is normal??? Any other class in the same situation is taking 95% of the damage to the face CCs or not u will die though your SAs and frontals from raw damage alone in less than 5 seconds, this kinda spameable iframe is extremely busted ask any musa in the game what would happen if they try the same playing musa for example. There are ****ing wizards and witches spamming chain lightning on this dude the whole time that is a perma stiffen skill btw, that stiffens on every hit and not even that connected, how can you say this is normal???

Stop trying to make it sound like this guy is a god player and all those 9 players are ****ing idiots because this is absolutely not the case displayed here at all. This guy is an average player fighting 9 average players abusing the **** out a mechanic that should not exist in any way shape or form in its current state in this game or any other ****ing game for that matter

#107 BloodieX, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    easay9, AZzalor and Reuter like this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

those freebie iframes from shards need to get nerfed somehow. probably via reducing shard amount by at least half from that fg crapcrow

AZzalor likes this.
  9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I would be fine with the shards, but that the iframes if used with shards are instead sa. Keep the normal iframes that use stamina as iframe tho. That alone would make it possible to pressure a sorc into using "only" sa movement and thus can get killed through it or get grabbed.

PeaceInChaos, thdsm and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  10. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i wouldnt mind that xd

11. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

To be embarrassed requires a sense of shame.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

either that or make it that all of their iframes not regen block bar at all and it doesnt regen until they havent used iframes longer than 3-4 seconds. so they are forced to go out and reset.

AZzalor likes this.
  13. jenisiz7

Sorcs by far practice more then I've seen any other class. It's funny but no one posts pics or vids of new sorcs getting bombed in seconds. But when they come across someone like myself that's put upwards of 300 hrs just practicing movement, they *****...pathetic. Class isn't broken, you all just need to learn your class better. I easily nuke sorcs on Lahn, DK and Tamer no problem, but that's because I main sorc and KNOW it's not to hard to catchem.

Tamer btw is faaaaar superior then sorc for iframes and gaurds....but nobody bitchin about them? Sorc gets 3 iframes before stamina is out, sure you can use shards but we need shards for other abilities so it's easy to run out...but most people apparently cant count or predict anything and rather complain when they come across sorcs that have spent 10x the time just practicing instead of crying on a forum.

Piece of advice, next time you encounter a sorc learn to side dash, dont directly chase or engage right away. Learn to dodge and exhaust before you even think about engaging. Sorc is a kite class and if you can't out damage her at range, get her during cool down and a low stamina/shard count. DO NOT ENGAGE immediately, that's 99% of the time the issue...when facing sorc, IMPERATIVE TO REMEMBER, you are no longer the wolf among sheep, a werewolf has entered the chat. Just buy time and dodge...then it's easy picking. Every time I've lost on sorc was to a player that learned to Bait. They would never engage immediately but would let me engage first and then dodge and attack from the side. Aside from our iframe, our other movements are on cool down with no guard if used immediately again. Most don't know this, but that's when you strike and 100% of the time if you land a CC after about 5 to 10 seconds after their first set of iframes, its game over. Do not try to jump in and out damage, if you do that, you deserve the L.

#113 jenisiz7, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  14. Spartakatz

all buffs or nerfs before the big cc changes are entirely irrelevant.
    since then, ninjas and sorcs were absolute top tier, it's no secret.
    at least sorc has no grab and not the fastest movement, unlike ninja who has all the good stuff.

15. Spartakatz

you will have a hard time though to find such stuff performed by other classes...
    I agree it's limited though, tons of ppl don't know how to peel.

16. jenisiz7

Lahn, Tamer, Dk and succession warriors just to name a few. Have you seen warrior succession? You think sorc is bad, wait till you see iframe on skates

17. Akantorian

less than half a second of iframe on a 5 seconds cd on succesion warrior is the same as being able to spam iframes and linger them with sa + fgs while doing incredible ammounts of ranged aoe damage in order to continue spamming iframes with no cds?
    You are delusional.

easay9 likes this.
  18. Spartakatz

got any clip where any of those jumps around 10 people, kills half of them and disengages without barely getting touched? never saw that, would be interesting to watch... please share some links, thanks

easay9 likes this.
  19. nolasigns

I've done that with my Shai. Why? because I knew the group was weak and lacked skill. If I were to stream anything, I'd stream that as opposed to my AP build shai feeding kill-points. Do you really think people would stream themselves getting their asses handed over to them, much less save the stream for future flexing?

Here's an idea. Roll one and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that anyone and everyone can play like these streaming videos.

I swear the playerbase at BDO is the epitome of the weak-mind that is socially engineered by infomercials.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  20. Spartakatz

don't be ridiculous. i'm not talking about full dp meme that can't kill a beetle.

show your clip where you actually kill a few geared people with your shai while jumping around 7-8 people.

just show *anything* similar to the clip in OP, but stop babbling fairytales that exist only in your imagination.