1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP requierement / buff pause

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by woots, Mar 15, 2020.

1. woots

Would be nice to have a global SP requierment balance to tons down somes class / skills that requier a insane amount of SP compare to somes others, for ( imho ) not particular valid reasons, that especialy with succession.

Also, have an ability to "pause" the buff, i mainly think about the various XP / SP buff ( so like event buff such as the 300% SP thing ), sometime you could want / need to do something else, or just take a little pause, and instead of having to right away switch character to not lose any second, could just pause them, so restart them when you want.
    Would feel far less "trapped" by thoses buff and provide more liberty

2. ghoulz666

Or just... buff SP exp for more areas......

3. woots

that too, at this point they could also indeed remove all XP / SP buff and buff everything according / change the XP / SP curve

4. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I don't think any class requires a ton of SP. To be honest I entirely disagree with you and think they should actually go in the opposite direction with this. Getting to 2k skill points is easy enough especially with afk training and all the buffs nowadays + pollys being great SP. Its to the point where after you get past like 2-2.2k SP then your skillpoints just become pretty much worthless. I think it would cool if while they balanced classes they added some more skills to each class. SP just feels totally worthless after you've been playing for a couple months. Like I have over 2.5k SP and if I am full buffed and use a 530% scroll I can get 25 skill points per hour of grinding at pollys. That is just so so so easy >_> There are people with like 3k skillpoints who have literally every skill maxed out and can't do anything with their SP. Maybe if they added another level to every skill so things became V instead of IV or maybe if they made class passives and skilled hunter and infinite mastery go longer at the cost of lots of SP. Idk, just seems like a shame that SP becomes so useless.

5. woots

Not everyone spend their life grinding, Also, who spoke about "hard" there is nothing hard in BDO. its only just kinda boring. Afk training dummy pretty much bring nothing that's kinda useless and very expensive for what it is.

And yup its true, for tamer you get "everything" with succ + fusion skill you need something around 1k8, witch witch its more like around 2k+ while for lahn as exemple 1500 is enough, on my sorc with 1k3 i pretty much have everything requiered for succ.

But sure they could bring something to have a use for thoses extra SP, somes ppl can have, could be turned into whatever item or so, but that's not the topic of my suggestion tho.

new skills sure could be cool, as long as it doesnt requier more SP, and if they rebalance most SP cost

6. Lord_Xenon

How about no? While I aggree that every class should end up with using the same SP for ALL skills leveled I see no reason to make 'good' skills cheaper - more expensive they must be so that budget sp build get viable for the grind.
    The other suggestions only cater to the silver-meta slaves and removes important parts of the gameplay - different grindspots viable for different useages. So HELL NO to buffs to non-Sp grindspots.

7. woots

what gameplay part ? the other suggestion is only to be able to pause buff.
    Isnt that the WHOLE BDO "gameplay" to be the "silver-meta slaves" ? arent the buff in the current state actualy make you a slave of the game since you might not want to waste a buff secondto get all benefit possible in that monotonous grindfest deep gameplay experience ?

Different grind spot for different usage ? what different usage ? arent all grind spot have the exact same goal ? aside from different loot, they all are the same ( except bad XP / SP balance )
    Even if its not part of my suggestion, indeed all grind spot should be SP buffed

8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I do understand what you mean about how it can be boring. I think though that if you are a new player and you are grinding at appropriate spots youll get SP as you need it. You may start off grinding helms, or soldiers grave, or sausans, then you can move to nagas, or fogans, then youll probably move to gahaz or pollys and at that point you don't have a high SP requirement because you aren't getting PvP skills since you dont have the gear to PvP. By the time that you are geared enough to join a T1 NW guild you will have enough SP for all the essentials and anything beyond that is just stuff that doesn't hurt to have. I do think you are right though, every class should require roughly the same SP to have the essentials and roughly the same SP to have every skill. Not entirely sure how theyd choose go about that, theyd probably just have to increase/decrease some SP costs and stuff shrug