1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spamming Pots?

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Bloodmyth, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Bloodmyth

Hi guys, after a year of playing Wizard I decided to re-roll basically for a change and it'll be nice playing a class that grinds well and can defend their spot better (my poor wiz)

After a good amount of class play style research I liked the look of Musa, however once reading about the class a lot of players say you have to constantly chug pots to keep going, maybe I've been spoilt with the wiz's heals and regen.

So basically how much of an issue is this, are you buying 100's of pots from the NPC's every day, is it an annoyance or are they exaggerating, how do you manage regens?

2. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I'd say it depends on how you would want to grind. If you want to go brainded mode and still be efficient you will chug WP pots. If you actually care to utilize more of your kit to help with WP recovery you wont need many pots at all (this will obviously vary by spot and the amount of dashing between packs).

As far as HP recovery using Crevice, Nemesis and Foul play would sustain you in many spots where you dont get chunked for tons of dmg. And at such spots you will be using elixirs/draughts to keep you healthy.

3. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

In PVP everybody's slamming pots constantly, as far as I can tell. In PVE unless you're really pushing the limits of your survivability you shouldn't need to be too reliant on HP pots. Ultimate Musa Spirit (Rabam heal) and Nemesis Slash (accessible via Awakened flow) are good enough for recovery that you can sustain pretty well without having to use too many pots. Earlier in the game Divider isn't too bad either, but that skill should be dumped immediately when you get Awakening.

WP pots are the ones that can really become an issue if you're grinding hard. The main tools I'd point to for WP management are Below the Belt (shift+lmb) for WP on hit and Musa Spirit (shift+e) for an instant WP recovery. If you're really hard up for WP you can also use Spinner (s+lmb) for more WP on hit, but it's slow and the damage isn't great.

Generally I'd say "constant WP pots" is a little overblown, assuming you're fighting mobs that can take a full BTB before dying. Most of the WP cost is Chase dashing across long distances. So, if you find yourself running out of WP and using pots too much, consider moving to a stronger grind spot where there's a little more time fighting compared to dashing, and where you can maximize your BTB WP returns.

4. Bloodmyth

Thanks for the replies Guys

5. Rhailex

Musa has always been a pot chugger in PVE, basically requiring you to chug them as soon as the cooldown is done.
    I used to have a fairy that has the auto-pot (6 sec, like wp pots) skill which was so convenient esp. for musa. Then I got a T4 fairy and it got 120% weight limit skill so I had to make a choice :(

You should put your wp pots on a convenient hotkey because you'll be spamming them and one of the major frustrations when grinding will be having to use pots all the time......

6. RobinSan

284ap musa here

+- 200 medium WP potions at 20% use for an hour grind session in aakman. HP pots are okay with all the heals musa has. You definitely need to invest in weight with musa

Zycrus likes this.