1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiral Torpedo III Simulator 2018

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by OptimusPrime, Jan 29, 2018.

1. noctred

noctred NA

it really doesn't matter.

you're trying to look at a single skill outside the context of the entire kit that a given class has access to, which is what you should be looking at when comparing one class to another from a big picture perspective. don't get so hung up on the details. as mentioned previously, even if you spread the effects across several different skills, mystics will still have all of their buffs up constantly if they rotate and combo correctly.

tbh people need to realize that 1v1ing any kind of tanky class with heavy sustain is going to be annoying as ****. that's just how it is. however, also realize that 1v1 in BDO is a rock paper scissors memefest. if you neutralize the sustain and tankiness of a frontline class because fighting them 1v1 is a hassle, you're also neutralizing the role they were meant to fulfill in content that actually matters.

think outside your bubble. that's not really directed at you specifically, but anybody who blindly hops on this anti-mystic train.

TheReason, Beeso, Ginrei and 3 others like this.
  2. devante

61 mystic. I know her kit. Hence why I never complain about her super armor, her dr even though it counters my main hard (valk). Her atatck speed, attack speed to burst ratio, her slow or cc. Nothing is an issue in my opinion, except for a 5-second spammable super armor, heal, that ignores one of the main means of defense for classes. Now I know this is hard, but again if any of you guys bothered to read my other post. The one right before or after the one you quoted. You would note my "nerf" fix. -200 hp on use not hit, first hit kd, not last hit.

Persuader likes this.
  3. 6footgeeks

should be HP on hit only.

4. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

arent you the same chap that posted ... mystic dead ? People cant make their minds up... Mystic dead ... mystic op....

Top kek.

5. Dremlock

i later issued a retraction

Xialoh and crawlord like this.
  6. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

^^^^^ This.....I enjoy now punching wichards that flag up in naga

7. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

hmm ok i missed that.

8. xxxxz

So what? mystic is useless in teamfights

9. devante

You must not pvp.

10. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

And again we stated that removing what makes here a cc tank means you have to compensate in other areas. Because she doesn't have the burst of other classes. I gave specific examples but you ignored them. Several classes can bypass a classes main means of defense..... hello grabs? Hello kuno's and ninjas teleporting into grabs? Hello Lahn ranged grab? Warrior gap close which is identical to the effect you want removed from mystic....

You're arguing something that makes the class what it is and ignoring everything else. Remove the heal, ap and the KD.... but compensate her damage modifiers and make her another burst damage class. Thats all you're saying. Except you aren't saying that.....

Xialoh, Beeso, Ginrei and 2 others like this.
  11. devante

Super armor in tact.
    Heal in tact.
    CC in tact
    Mobility in Tact.
    Escape in tact
    Damage in tact
    Buff in tact.

I am sure that 200 less hp every 5 seconds will ruin the class. I am also positive that ccings at the start will ruin her to. Such terrible, flawed logic.

You're not a tamer where the slightest nerf will push you deeper down **** valley. Instead of being 90% effective, you'll be 88%

MentorMentat and Reuter like this.
  12. FunkD

@Lemon Crush You are arguing valid points of "theory-crafting" what could be aspects of counters and balance in class design, but let's get real Mystic is broken as ****. There is moot point in honestly defending this class, you're kinda looking crazy actually, do to how absurd they are.

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

I guess, I dont even play it... but have little issue against it nor do I see them performing the way people claim in node wars.... nor do I see videos of them doing what people claim they are doing.

Shrug. I am done, not like this discussion means anything. Nothing we talk about will be noted nor will it be changed by someone winning the discussion.

Ginrei, Pkmdz and crawlord like this.
  14. Elenortirie

that "broken as ****" class tends to have issues to kill my not-so-well-geared and rather low leveled kuno....

for reference - even if that kuno dies to a mystic it takes long enougth to me to have alot of oportunities to actually react

as oposed to literaly everything else which at such gear/level differences are just oneshottign aforementioned character

but yeah it's tanky and it is suited to counter wizards - therefore must be completely broken D:<

TheReason, Ginrei and crawlord like this.
  15. Claydough

Its like giving a single class free whale pots with 5 second cooldown and just giving them 16ap that stacks with everything

Reigne Irkalla and LinaCrysta like this.
  16. Decem

Grave digger goes thru frontal block ? Why do you spread lies ?

Best block in the game ? No, valks has best.

1300hp heal ? Its 400hp by using skill and then you need to proc downsmash to hit your target with the flow which has frontal cone hitbox AND after using pulverize wihout downsmash you actually pass behind the target so flow is useful when healing against structures in node wars because flow is unprotected and risky to use. Downsmash is so rng its not even funny. Lot of accuracy needed as well. Anyway, flow was buffed in korea now, its 50hp instead of 150 but hitbox is AOE now so its way better because that flow is pure garbage and PA knows it better than you.

Insane burst ? Warriors has lowest burst in the game with zerker, except 100% BSR and Zerker`s Ancient wave flow. Valkyrie has WAY MORE Burst than warriors. Both classes are combo heavy until you stack 270ap, then every class has insane burst and people vaporize in SA trades. Hell, valk is even more mobile, on par with maehwa.

Difference is that mystic got 500hp heal on 5s with superarmor on skill which actually does some damage except warriors pulverize with 0 damage, flow does 0 damage, pulverize is frontal block, flow is unprotected. Long ass animation, clunky to pull off as well. Zerkers heals does 0 damage, witchard heals 0 damage while healing. Zerker is static while healing, witchards too, warriors almost.

So tldr yea i`d trade torpedo for pulverize+tempest. Deal ? You will beg on kness for getting torpedo back.

17. Vlew

"using the skill"... not even hitting just using.

daum plz even 100hp per dash would be too high imo

sorry for caps, my shift is broken since i started duel against some mystic i broke 2 keys

#57 Vlew, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  18. Soulscar

500HP heal at lv 61 is like 13%. If it was a flat 25% then yeah maybe. As someone else pointed out it isn't close to the best sustain skill for a MELEE by a significant margin. I am a witch main and heal 25% for a light snack, hear my salt? Yeah I got my teeth handed to me by a lower geared, lower level Mystic once or twice but I don't pretend the witch is good Vs melee classes 1 vs 1.

Mystic - Fast, lowest damage melee by quite a bit, grab, Iframes, high base DR, great CC. No block and normal health is supplement by high base DR. However due to the lowest damaging awakening skills cant really one combo anything even 50 GS and 2 levels less. It is a single target/small group cc class. Strong 1 Vs 1 due to high DR and CC. You can build the mystic in a few ways but AP heavy lacks accuracy so that already low base skill damage is replaced by accuracy accessories or offhand. This makes it insane at CC in small areas. They can break front blocking skills. Can anyone tell me what this class would be particularly good at in GvG?

Anyone else bored to death of witch/wizard heavy node wars? It is the same thing again and again. The entire map erupts in AoE and the guild with less high geared wizard/witches loses. Mystic and striker add something meta breaking. Change is good, I understand a bit of salt. Seriously, screaming from salt mountain because you cant own every single class 1 vs 1 and making out a pathetic 13% heal every 5 seconds in certain circumstances is somehow OP or game breaking.

Basically fighting mystics will take block reliant classes out of their generic playstyle of block, grab, cc and combo. Here is an idea, think and change tactics, profit? Gear score warriors are another one, "my GS is 550-600 I cant one shot this class, OP nerf". No sorry if you have a 550+ gear score with any class there are very few players in game that can beat you on shear DPS. However GS is one element and can be geared against and outplayed especially when the gear heavy player does the same three moves over and over which I know soooooooooo many players do. Why? because they don't have to do anything else BUT those 3 moves because their GS carries.

So yeah, the mystic is strong but far from immortal or broken. The current meta is ingrained into quite a lot of people and to be honest bores the living **** out of me. Now with the addition of this class other guilds can counter 30 lv 61 550+ GS nukers for long enough to have a bit of fun.

Quote: "Why so serious"? The Joker.

Beeso, Ginrei, ChimiChanga and 4 others like this.
  19. yukishiro1

Spiral torpedo is definitely OP, but so are a bunch of other things in this game.

The developers either do not want a balanced PVP game or are terminally incompetent. Either way, the prospects of having a balanced PVP game are essentially zero. So take your pick between not caring or being terrible, but either way this game is going to stay terribly unbalanced. Either reroll to a top tier class or find a game with more balanced PVP if that is important to you...or continue playing a bad class and just view it like a handicap.

20. SkullMonkey

Seeing as I Love my new mystic I'd love to find a cheeky way to defend this but... yeah.... it's pretty OP. Practically speaking it only regens about 1/4 to 1/3 of my health bar per use on a level 57 alt with like level 7 HP... but they could cut it in half to 300 HP regen and remove the KD in PVP would bring it more in line. Test it out after that and see if it needs further nerfs.