1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stars End Makes No Sense

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MagicalTabletopGirls, Jun 24, 2019.

1. MagicalTabletopGirls

I mean it would be a good tutorial if they didn't KO you instantly if you sneeze. Hehe

KeeperG likes this.
  2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You had a good argument, till you mentioned seeing enhancement %..Seeing that means nothing. Its always 50/50, either you get it or you dont. Its gamblers fallacy to think Failstacks matter.

The game gave me a warning, and I succeeded the enhancement.

Its called Gambling for a reason...There is no science to make it work, and the % are always a lie.
    Go anywhere that has legal gambling ..You can have a 99.9% chance of winning an still lose. This game just needs to be labeled 21+ with an emphasis on gambling mechanics.

Failed enhancements.png

Go play Video Slots, and watch your self gain 1000 failstacks at max bet.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

274/273/323 here... I like Star's End, but currently I don't grind there. I'm waiting for the earring to start dropping before I head there again, since the only loot there is: (good) trash drops, some melt/grind-me crystals and the "trade 150hp for some extra crit dmg" rare crystal, which drops very, very rarely. This isn't bad. I'm in absolutely no danger of dying... but it just isn't worth it, compared to other spots, silver/hour-wise.

That zone is not intended to be for everyone, but was added, like Sycraia Abyssal, for the top geared players to take some pressure off Hystria and Aakman. The problem is: with Bartalli's Books, the Tri Jewelry event, (price)drops from S*** Arena and Rifts etc. too many people were suddenly Hystria-ready and the place is just too full, since everyone and their brother can finally head there. It's very annoying to have some "duel for spot? duel? dull? dual for spot?" idiot show up every like 15min, especially when you have all buffs running and find out "hey, that was a 230/290 guy that just wasted my time". I prefer grinding in Sycraia Abyssal, even if it's more dangerous than everything else, just for the reason that you can grind there without being interrupted/griefed, since there are enough spots and 99% of the players just can't go there.

Stop asking to make zones "more player-friendly". They already ARE. They are just for different types of players. Let the pen geared players have some zones tuned for them too. Not every zone has to be easy.

And no, I can't agree with most of you on the p2w-required thing... I'm playing since CBT2. I NEVER used clear p2w mechanics... I bought maids, tents, pets etc. all the usual stuff, but I never bought any Artisan's Memories (except the rare "get one for 1 pearl" thingy) and I never melted a costume I bought myself. I never was in a SMH guild, nor did my guild ever hold anything more than a single tier 1 node (years ago). You actually just have to play the game to get better (gear), instead of relying on the devs to nerf everything to "crap gear required"-level and getting your upgrades from login rewards or events. Exactly THAT mindset is what created the problem in the first place... it enabled players that SHOULD NOT BE in high end zones, to crowd the spots there. Invest the time required to gear up... if you can't do that: sure, p2w to gear up, if you want to... but don't expect to get everything handed for free, without any effort, on a silver platter.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

This post is the litteral example of baseless misinformation.

I have made a full set of silver clothes to +4 within the last 3 years starting from scratch and I can tell you, with a sample size of thousands of attempts that failstacks not only matter, but the displayed % chances are very accurate.

Eryola likes this.
  5. MagicalTabletopGirls

Fair point.

6. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Why does this kind of CRAP keep showing up? Of course failstacks matter. You can't base your argumentation on too small of a sample size. It's not 50/50 for a 3% chance, as much as it is not 50/50 for an 80% chance. You have 4 armors, 6 accessories and 3 weapons... 13 items in total. If you think it's "a 50/50 chance": go ahead and click all of them on PEN... NOW... with ZERO failstacks, since they "don't matter"! 13 tries... you're lucky I bet... congrats on your 7 PEN items! I'm waiting for some screenshots or even better: a video, of your successful enhancements from today.

If you are unwilling to do this... why not stop spreading misinformation and superstition?

Phoenixxx75 and Smileybones like this.
  7. MagicalTabletopGirls

Yeah well gonna have to full heartedly agree to disagree. Games aren't for the less than 1% they aren't supposed to be reflection of how much real life sucks.

(You put yourself in an infinite loop by the way. You will always need a new spot for whatever AP you reach so it never ends, its just a treadmill at that point, a chore or a job. Its no longer a game with goals just a rat in a cage.)

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Umm..Cause I consistently and habitually make gear with BS Fs.

And none of your math will ever make it.."work"

9. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

That zone is a goal to reach... there are zones for lvl 1-50, for 100AP players, for 150AP players, for 200AP players etc. Why not have A SINGLE ZONE (Sycraia Abyssal) for the pen geared player? (I'm not even talking about Star's End this time... you don't need pen there) It's the other way around: Why should that person NOT have a good zone to grind in for his gear level?

How much are you all going to cry when 310AP / 400DP Ash Forest gets released? "I can't even survive in a group there. How are you supposed to grind there? My Tri Grunil has worked so well so far, why do you implement stuff noone can do?"

namnam030 and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  10. Myntiix

Jesus, you ate the onion like a champ.

11. MagicalTabletopGirls

Im basically pre-attacking the Ash Forest. When you beat the Elite Four there is still some extra content in the end game. You get your Pokemon to level 100 but you do eventually reach a stopping point. 310 AP / 400 DP is a joke for Pay to Win and solely for Pay to Win and outside of the luck of a God no one will ever obtain it without just paying thousands for it. That's not a game thats a job. You have completely summed up the failure of BDO's end game, because there is no end game, there is just grinding and more grinding and more grinding.

But Im ending this conversation with you as we have nothing to say to one another that will change each others mind. You enjoy the wheel. I don't. Case closed.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Was it really an onion? Since these forums usually have quite a few people with very strange ideas / suggestions / "balance tweaks" / pvp balancing etc. I'm most of the time
    [​IMG]

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Cool story, except when Valencia got released only a few hardcore grinders/swipers could grind there and nowadays most of the spots are for new players.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Eryola like this.
  14. Claydough

Last thing we need is another generic noob spot like bloody wolves

We already have 100 spots like this

Besides this spot has already been fixed, we’re just waiting for the earring to release here

Ѧ| Chaotic, Eryola and Smileybones like this.
  15. MagicalTabletopGirls

That's why I said 250 more in line with Manshums would be more ideal & that's who would be going for Black Star anyways. Of course making TET Boss Gear DP actually good would also solve the problem and keep it 260 AP.

16. Claydough

C4 level makes tet armours good and is more than enough for stars end which is pretty easy (id almost say c0 tet is fine)
    This spot has nothing to do with getting your black star either, infact, they even let you choose a noob boss for lower ap people making the weapon

And 250 is well within the range of ap you can use there, you dont HAVE to have 260ap to be able to hit the mobs

Eryola likes this.
  17. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense.

1. The rewards are old and obsolete.
    2. The story line closes a level 30 story arc from Calpheon.
    3. The mobs were reskinned level 50 catfish, which were an end game mob at release.
    4. The Ganelle/Kama involvement was entirely tacked on and goes no where and there were only 2 quests involving them.
    5. The second highest title from RBF is called Blackstar......I don't believe in coincidences.

18. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

I generally agree with you.
    I went there at 261/263/287 with cron meal, vells and draught and muskans instead of Urugon boots. Was chucking pots like crazy.My fgs where getting obliterated and were like non existent.
    Had to swap to kutum at 249/251/300 to have an easier time.
    Keep in mind that, pve wise, nouver at 261 is only 2 ap better than kutum, so the tradeoff is not really worth it untill the 265 or 269 nouver brackets.
    There is also a huge crystal in the middle of some big spawns, that when is destroyed it knocks down all mobs around it making our life easier.
    Rotating super armors even at damage cost is a must, as well as back attacks.E and Z buffs up at all times.
    What i am trying to say is that the spot is soloable, it requires proper positioning, grouping and skill rotating.
    That being said, you are absolutely right on everything else.
    The area and rewards are mediocre at best.
    Like usual, we got another half arshed content release.

p.s:40 rifts later and still no drop. Thanks rng.

19. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

stars end is going to drop a earring that got 6ap at +0 ,9ap at pri,12ap at duo,15ap at tri,18ap at tet and 21ap at pen but lose 1dr per enchant

#59 Dannyswe1235, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  20. Spartakatz

you're the perfect dude to play some gambling games with and earn some nice cash, because he thinks when somethink includes "well, it CAN happen" that equals 50:50

Even funny that you call it "50:50" and not "1:1" or something, which implies you are talking about 100 enhancements, and your expectation is 50 of them will succeed. Because that's exactly what "percent" means.

Eryola and Smileybones like this.