1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started to play again after years

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Norl_, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Norl_

I played bdo quite alot for a year after it came out in europe. Now I want to start again and I am asking myself, which class is fun to play. Since I dont want to spend alot of money (again) and dont have the time nor the nerves to play competetive, I want to focus just on grinding (semi-)casually.

When I first started bdo, I played ranger, which or dk. I read a few guides and it's kinda difficult for me to choose. Some people say ranger is boring (and bad), many people say wiz/witch is boring and seems like most of the players think dk is just trash.

I know it depends hardly on which playstyle you prefer, but there have to be classes that outperform in pve (grinding spots) and are not completely useless if you have to defend your spot from time to time

2. T800

If you are not in to Weapons much, than Mystic is really good:

Norl_ likes this.
  3. Norl_

Will look into that, thank you :)

T800 likes this.
  4. Khondo

Lahn is a very fun class to play, very self sufficient for PVE.

Norl_ likes this.
  5. LeCordonBleu

Welcome back. If you're looking to play casually, then it really doesn't matter what you play. Cherry picking and going for the FOTM classes are only really relevant for people approaching the game competitively. However, since that is not the case for you, I would recommend going for the class that looks the most enjoyable.

I too came back to the game recently from a long hiatus and have noticed a lot of changes that make the game more enjoyable. Uncovering those changes while playing is a pleasant journey in and of itself. I hope you enjoy your return trip to the world of BDO.

Norl_ and Smileybones like this.
  6. MindaugasR

Not recommended due they want add season system that is no clear info yet but it be probably game wipe and reset every season cycle and everyone who play last season get just some bonus.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

never gonna happen. it would make bdo lose most players. the seasons are very likely something different, so don’t just go around telling stuff like that without any sources to back up your claims

8. LeCordonBleu

They already said it's not going to be any seasonal mechanics shown in other games. They specifically emphasized that it will be something entirely new and that they used the term "seasonal" for the lack of better words they could ponder up.

Smileybones likes this.
  9. MindaugasR

I hope you are right ,otherwise I'm don't see any point playing this game anymore.

#9 MindaugasR, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    LeCordonBleu likes this.
  10. Doom Smack

My guess is perhaps it will be like a pvp (or perhaps even specific pve content) leaderboard thing. Sounds pretty cool I highly doubt (like as close certain as can be) it wont be any progress reset for those who put all work in thus far. If anything gear related it may be for new specific and separate content only. We get more infos later Im just taking a guess, I think they are still working on it anyway.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  11. LeCordonBleu

BDO's principle sticks very close to old skool MMORPG. I highly doubt they'll introduce something that makes gearing up almost pointless. Also, with BDO's enhancing system being as brutal as it is, introducing gear resets will not only be alienating the entirety of its currently existing playerbase but it will be a huge middle finger to its supporters that helped its growth, which inevitably will be BDO's demise. MMORPG's market is small, and thus playerbase is equally small. After losing it's entire playerbase, BDO cannot bounce back off the back of only new players.

Smileybones likes this.
  12. Doom Smack

Our progress will be safe