1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fojiro, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

1. This is variable depending on what you want to say.

2. The only "technical" problem I have with the game is the graphic glitch that it has with the polygons, which I have already explained in a thread.

3. I played AoB for 2 days trying to reach stage 8, unfortunately my friends and I got bored of how the game is and now we don't want to play it anymore.

2. 2Cents

BDO was hanging out next to Apex Legends. BDO started boasting they broke 30,000 players one day. BDO then asked how you doin? Apex Legends replied..........well we just broke 50,000,000 players, but keep your head up son.

Factorial likes this.
  3. Cosmic Soul

Yes I do I have been playing mmos for years but whatever I do not care what some twit on the internet things goodluck keep being you lol!

4. ZyZy

I looked up Apex LegendsApex Legends because you know... MMORPG... only to find out that there is no there there. I was sad and that was that.

5. Catastigma

op2w.png

i just love Sandpark game. Like Lineage 2(C4-C6)/Archeage(beta)

6. 2Cents

Yeah it was only 50,000,000 active users for a video game. Pearl Abyss/Kakao wouldn't be interested in that at all.
    I mean obviously all 50 million of them only play one genre, naturally.

7. WinterMilla

Just because one doesn't see a problem, doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Catastigma

Or maybe someone is on the wrong type of games.
    Trying to change the game While thier is not the intended customers.
    Customer that concidereing that a mmorpg have to give the same *content* that thier previous one.
    As if all the mmorpgs should be the same.

The problems for some are choices for others.

9. WinterMilla

Their target audience is your wallet. If you managed to play the game since day 1 without spending a single time, well congrats you've kinda beaten the system. Just because I player A spend $0 in game doesn't mean player B won't, even more so if I'm buying the good B gets from the cash shop. Thing is people wanna jump ship, but when you look around they all are sinking into the great blue sea of monitization.

Factorial likes this.
  10. Catastigma

Personnaly i dont belief this.

I do not believe in greed too much. If I was looking for money. from a gain of 3-4 million. I would shut down my business and retire.
    I think rather people who are looking to have enough money to offer the services they want to give.
    Seeing the monster profit of BDO mobile. I would have to give up the PC version in the hour. and I would look even less to release an Xbox and PS4 version not p2w.

11. WinterMilla

upload_2019-8-6_19-19-56.jpeg

Its not wrong to want money, but the way they go about it still is aggressive and destructive.

Factorial likes this.
  12. Catastigma

Yup i agree, the Method is wrong.

But I have a doubt that a subscription MMORPG can succeed today. The only ones who survived this system were from another era.
    There must be an alternative.

Personally I could have paid an abo of $ 40 a month for BDO without all this greed.

I do not spend precisely because the methods are simply immoral and unethical.
    Even criminal.

But I can not blame Pearls Abyss. It is the totality of the Videogame industry that becomes as its.

There is a strong need for regulation. specialy about marketing technique and Cognitive bias exploit.

#32 Catastigma, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. Cosmic Soul

Lmao, I have to disagree if thats the case, but I have not played bdo long enough to give a real judgement but the sub model would work fine actually, pantheon will be a sub model along a few others.

14. Catastigma

Pantheon is not release.

Aion p2p was a faillure. Rift p2p was a faillure Teras p2p was a faillure. Wild star was just a total faillure.
    Lineage 2 ended up leaving this corrupt, and Eve Online too

Anygame that dont have a huge franchise All the companies that do not have a franchise / lore on the back have not sucess on the p2p model.

15. Cosmic Soul

Whats your point? I literally said will be sub based, a company like them would not be doing it on a small chance it will work lol.

16. Catastigma

Its thier first game, They can be naive. And it will not be the first to lie about their economic system on the release or later after.

great if that's not the case For the moment, let's remain skeptical.

17. Cosmic Soul

No they are mostly mmo vets and understand the industry, many of them where some of the original everquest devs to. But yes some devs can be naive thats not the case with them though.

Your also forgetting expansions and other things that may be added later as part of the income.