1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Play: SMH at Guild Level

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Motoko_Shi, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

So, many individuals on the forum have chimed in on both sides of the latest sea changes. How is it going for the guilds out there?

Are the latest changes to Sea content good for guilds?

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  2. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

My guild just totally abandoned SMH. Some are just doing barterer. SMH is just not worth it anymore.

MMoNoob and seanas like this.
  3. Motoko_Shi

What are people looking at to replace the lost revenue?

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Siege/Nodewars and grind!

5. seanas

Revenue we don't care about. We are looking to replace the *activity* of SMH. Still haven't found a solution, sadly.

hightech and Motoko_Shi like this.
  6. Motoko_Shi

Would you say it has possibly affected the future of your guild? Do you think PA intended to diminish the activity of dedicated SMH guilds? Or is there some simple way it could be tweaked and become fun again?

Factorial and Mana_Mafia like this.
  7. Corsix

of course they did. they been nerfing SMH for months.

How else they gonna make u swipe CC for costumes for you to make silver?

Factorial and Oaklay like this.
  8. Motoko_Shi

I hear this but it's the easy argument. I am looking for dedicated SMH guild perspective in this case.

If all I hear from SMH guilds is that a sea expansion destroyed all sea content, then that is something so far beyond absurd that I can't even describe it. PA should be held accountable for what they do.

Factorial likes this.
  9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

If you looking for a guild content SMH is still fun
    If you looking to make hella silver, like SMH guilds did before and abused payouts, then its no longer possible.

10. Claydough

i have smh for at least 40+ hours per week for the last 1.5years

not at the guild level but just young ones

i can tell you the smh content is DEAD
    Every single change in the update is designed to nerf smh in every way

from the removal of mobs, to the self dmg ramming, the near 1000% reduction on loot, removal of origins and inability to pop stam recovery from and alt, wind/currents slowing boats massivly

the list goes on and on, for perspective, i was killing 40 monsters per hour before, to make the same money, just in nidans id need to kill somthing like 345 BIG sea monsters

piratebeowolf, Corsix and Motoko_Shi like this.
  11. Motoko_Shi

I'm just dumbfounded. Any change, no matter what it is, of multiple orders of magnitude simply cannot be introduced so recklessly in a virtual community.

12. Mellonamin

The SMH nerf was severe not only the backbone drops wich were blue neidans were replaced by green ones the amounts were reduced aswell by 90-99% for all ocean mobs.

Pre expedition loot amount for large ocean mobs were 100~140 blue neidans or coins 1~16 material depending on the mob, 15~75 neidans/coins for small and medium mobs 5~15 material while youngling gave 100~120 green neidans and 10~30 green material; Total 14m(guild money) for a large kill 5-7m for a small/medium one, 1.2m personal income for a youngling.

With the expedition large/med/small mobs and youngling gives exactly the same amounts 15-40 green neidans 1-2 material (blue) 10-15 (green), and golmonts gives 1~3 coins; Total roughly 200-400k personal income or guild loot if heated per kill, green loot can be heated to get blue grade guild loot (10:1 ratio)

While the 200-400k may look decent the expense to kill it is close and if not higher than the gain, youngling monster have more hp than pre expedition so it takes 4-6 volleys to kill with a frigate wich would mean 40-60k in cannonballs + rations, killing a large mob takes around 11-14 volleys (If you land all hits) wich means killing a large ocean mob is just a waste of money and a youngling is marginaly profitable for personal income and a total waste if converted to guild income.

The yellow drops for large monsters are still ingame but are super rare so cant really base a guild activity in hopes to adquire them at a decent pace. The new naval combat mechanics may indeed make it far easier to grind ocean mobs however PA attempt to balance that situation rendered the activity unprofitable.

All the above test was done using the following gear: upload_2019-10-29_20-37-10.png

13. Motoko_Shi

Nice work. This is the kind of hard data people need. Now, in your opinion, is this an oversight by PA, or intentional? If it's intentional, why would they have done this to a popular pastime within the game?

Mana_Mafia and JM like this.
  14. Purr

i agree with everything u said except the amount of volleys it takes to kill a young sea monster with +8 cannon u should be nuking it in 2 shots or 1 ram if your taking 4 to 6 shots... ur doing something wrong horribly so the normal versions yes takes that much if not more but the youngs and hungrys are 2 shot with +7 blue cannon and an enhanced frig/galleass

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. Spartakatz

for sea content being dead, I see an absurd amount of ships everywhere at the moment.

16. Rügenwalder Pommersche

its a silver sink, its fun, but ur not making money with it - or atleast nothing reasonable

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  17. Tideborn

With say, a Galleass or Caravel... would killing mainly young sea monster to young sea monster be worth anything in terms of silver? I read from a random post somewhere on this forum that stated something along the lines of making roughly 100m/h for the new smh and making roughly 50 to 70 mill/h. bartering.

Initially, I thought this was fake but Bartering seems to get better as you go and with the more Bartering you do, which made me retract my initial impressions on it. So my question is, can hunting strictly young sea monsters actually be profitable with the new ships or is it completely improbable?

18. Spartakatz

yea, but that would be another topic.
    i think everyone is still busy with upgrades though. when you have full upgraded cargo and do that stuff only for profit, might become better, idk yet.

19. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye might be, doesnt matter even if its 200m/h i wouldnt do it

only got my ship to go to vell and sink ppl afterwards (will get a carrack at some point to make the sinking part more fun)

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  20. hightech

Great change and better for you.
    40 hours a week is like somebody else is working.
    I think the change is good for your health conditions.

valasceria and Oaklay like this.