1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Game/ Red Karma BS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nokkun, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Stabby

How about put a cool down timer on flagging. There, fixed.

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Well maybe back then you should’ve stepped out more of those safe zones. 2nd of all, I can’t speak for NA. No clue which region you are in.

Pvp experience? Popping tears isn’t pvp.

3. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Nope, 100% sure!

4. Joungf

[​IMG]

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  5. 2Cents

Why are you asking for things that already exist in the game? If literally anything you said was true, then Arsha would be a fix.

6. Columba

The fights before the tears are experience, and I am rarely in safe zone. I am NA, so perhaps that’s why I’ve never seen your tough guy guild.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. 2Cents

It's a 2 sided street "then there is no point to play the game" this occurs when catch up mechanics are put in place. Why bother putting any effort into BDO when it's simply erased by catch up mechanics, free hand outs, and exp boosts?

Investing thousands of hours into a game just to be on the same playing level is the destruction of everything. This also occurs in many sports and even fighting games.

This can also be linked to the infamous Street Fighter scenario where the nearly impossible perfectly timed combinations are now dumbed down to mashing the buttons. Why spend so much timer perfecting skills in a competitive game when the same outcome can be achieved by simple mashing.

MalGuldur likes this.
  8. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Your tough guy pvp experience isn’t experience if your body reacts like a damn dummy. Afk fishing also does not count as pvp. Fighting those fishes!!! Phew!

9. MalGuldur

Well said , I used to be proud of the pen dandelion i made myself in 2017 before cron extract.Now anyone can have a pen dande much easier than how i got it..
    Having a pen dande is now literally a requirement to join some siege guild in na.

Almost feels like bdo went through an expansion like WoW and most gear became obsolete.

Maginha likes this.
  10. Epitafios

Catch mechanics doesnt delete veteran player progress they just allow new players to catch up...... The only deference between you and a new player is that you picked the game before him. BDO is not your personal amusement park everyone is allowed to have fun even new players.

Phoenixxx75 and Smileybones like this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

How is its PTW worse then this one?

If i tolerated this garbage, I'm sure I can tolerate that if it has all you claim it had.

12. Lazesight

This game will die if they do not remove the karma/jail system and I surpose make the kamasilvia 4 channels pve.

13. Columba

You sure make a lot of assumptions, lol.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Columba

Hahahaha. Yeah I doubt it. That’s pretty melodramatic

15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Got that from you.

16. Hr1s7i

That makes absolutely no sense. Are you insinuating that this game should favor carebears even more than it does right now?

17. Deyric

Another I want no penalty or consequences for going red. Sorry that isn't how this game is designed, if it isn't for you, there are other games you can choose.

#57 Deyric, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Columba likes this.
  18. fenzz

if you even have to ask the difference between P2W in a none-player trade economy vs a player trade economy, then its kinda pointless to explain.

if you wanna have a try at archage go right ahead. bdo will look like a dream-land in compare.
    i will concede that archage was and still is a much better game. even if mechanically inferior when it comes to combat.

its just that archage is a true sandbox economy and the game is based around it. it falls apart quite easily when interfered.

19. Factorial

That's pearl abyss's fault for being idiots.

Plus, a game where veterans rule with an iron fist won't attract new pay to win victims. Pearl abyss mifht be stupid but they always follow the money. New players = more money.

They made the right choice in protecting those that people will harass. The human species is trash. Give just a small number them a little power over others and abuse will follow. Hence the karma system. You have to control our trash tendacies.

The moment the karma system gets made into giving self entitled veterans uncontrolled impunity, that is when BDO dies.

Solitaire and Columba like this.
  20. RobinSan

New persons need to be able to catch up... 8 to 15 mil instantly... lol. At aakman or hysteria that's a 10 minute grind... Hardcore people can grind a bill in a day.. I'm a 268 kutum Musa, what my guildies make with 220 ap is a joke compared to me. And every week the difference between me and them grows.. So give them a way to gain and keep up