1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Game/ Red Karma BS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nokkun, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ben Phoenix

I agree with the fact that the current system can be abused.

#81 Ben Phoenix, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Maginha likes this.
  2. Maginha

awesome.gif

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  3. Ben Phoenix

Maginha likes this.
  4. Graugus

Xp loss should remain on death, crystal loss I agree with you on that. I can handle the XP loss, as it’s my fault for choosing to go red on a “NON PVP” channel. Also, if people have no penalty for “BAD” behavior in the game, be a whole lot of people quitting.

Solitaire and Factorial like this.
  5. Lazesight

BDO is sold as a sandboxed pvp game with added lifeskills parts for casuals.

6. IWalkAlone

Agree + exp lost on death to both sides.

7. Foo

Foo

They should just let you pay £50 and you can reset olvia time w/o needing to afk for 30 days :)

/s btw

8. Purr

umm u sure? both the steam article and the wiki for BDO says its a sandbox MMORPG that offers pve pvp and lifeskills no where does it say its a SANBOX PVP GAME.. with other features

9. Bunnyrivenluver

Karma system is good/perfect. Too many strong people hitting 270AP+ and I cant keep up thus we need to keep them in check

Columba likes this.
  10. Graugus

No, BDO is not sold as a PvP game. I'm not sure where you read this.

Columba likes this.
  11. Deyric

Having zero penalty PvP doesn't fix this and will drive away their customers. Given the rest of your ridiculous trolling comments and lies it isn't a surprise you wouldn't understand that. Grieving, which is what this change would lead to, is a blight on gaming. But again you regularly troll and lie on the forums so no surprise you would want no penalty grieving.

This game was sold as a Sandbox game with limits to PvP. You don't like that, the door is waiting for you.

Maginha, Graugus and Smileybones like this.
  12. Columba

No one is forcing anyone. Learn To Share,

You keep assuming that the victim is suiciding, lol. Then you call the attacker the victim, hahahahahaha

So you are afraid to exert your dominance on Arsha. Got it.

Yet you can’t go to Arsha, lol

It’s far less toxic now. Pk griefing is real griefing. So called Karmabombing is actually karmacide

#92 Columba, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  13. Factorial

It's only been a couple of months and I already miss the Winchesters arguing over something silly. Like these topics and their incarnations. Also, I hate Chuck.

Why is it that people continue to ignorantly categorize BDO?

No wonder people have such a flawed and misdirected understanding of the game. Hence, no clue as to the reason behind karma and its purpose.

#94 Factorial, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  14. 6footgeeks

Is actually the most balanced system in the environment of the game.

Think about it. The way it is now, it doesn't matter whether you are geared or not. It matters how stubborn you are.

They made it fair by keeping the deciding factor of pvp outside the game, since the game is definitely p2w and the way the game is designed promotes dividing players into have and have nots with surprisingly little in their control.

I could argue for a different system if the game wasn't pay to win, and even more of we had a 2 population system with no player factions for open world pvp. But we don't.

What we have is the most toxic system, boot is pretty much the only one with which the game will survive

Factorial likes this.
  15. Ben Phoenix

All that Seasons... People grew up watching Supernatural! That series is going to be missed very much indeed.

Maginha likes this.
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

A party gorup in BDO can have max 5 people, everyone knows that. If someone is telling you to kick one of the party members because otherwise he will ruin your grind... how do you call that? Sharing? Really?
    I know you have some mental issues, the thing is that he doesn't want to grind, he wants to leech which means YOU grind for him and that involves YOU to kick one party member first because HE wants that. That's not sharing dude.

I never said the vicitim is suiciding. You confused again? Oof.

How many more clips do I have to link you, the afk safe zone hero, of MY gameplay on Arsha to make you stop saying that? Sheesh.

That makes no sense but I am not surprised.

There is no PK griefing in a PvP focused game and no karmacide. What is the reason to grind if it is not for PvP? Don't want PvP, stay 49.
    The fact that most people accept duel for spots proves that people want and accept the fight over spots. The fact that there are only few retarded griefing individuals is the reason why the karma system is not getting fixed.
    Kinda fun that you always trying to join any discussions about the game while not even playing it actively :-)

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

What exactly are the penalties in a guild war, please, explain.

Griefers are protected by the current karma system. You don't even need 20 IQ to understand that. Not sure why you have issues understanding it. There is pretty much always a counter part for everything, none for REAL griefing. Me running into your spot without you being able to defend it.
    No. BDO was sold as a sandbox mmorpg with heavy focus on PvP. High penatlies for red players and penalties for the PK'd players. Including large scale PvP through gvg, nw, sieges.

18. Ben Phoenix

For what I know there are two situations where the "karmabomb" thing is involved:

1. I'm grinding, someone comes, kills me, takes my rotation over. I come back cause I still want to be there, this player kills me again, I come back and so on. From my point of view he could have avoided killing me the first time in the first place. I came back to mind my own business again, he/she killed me until he/she lost karma. My problem? I guess not.

2. Someone is grinding, I jump in this player's rotation, the guy tells me to go away, I don't, the guy gets pissed and kills me, I keep coming back until he/she loses karma. Even though this person could have avoided to kill me, I get the point and why he/she did it.

In both cases we could say that there's an abuse, one from the badass who killed me and jumped in my rotation and one from me cause I jumped in someone else's rotation and I kept coming back. In the end both cases can still be considered PvP: different tactics, different motivations still two people fighting over a spot, in a more or less fair way.

#98 Ben Phoenix, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Maginha likes this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

1. Here I understand the point of view of a PvE guy. From PoV of a PvP guy you would be just an idiot. That's fine tho and I can accept that.
    2. Here you are literally being a sh*tty griefer. Imagine you would trying to touch someones food irl and he slaps you? Everytime harder and harder while you are not fighting back but still trying to touch his food. How long you think you would keep going? :-)

100% you can NOT call both PvP and call body throwing a tactic. I never seen anyone irl trying to win a fight by getting beaten up calling it a tactic. And actually winning in the end. Nor did I see that in any other game.

Like I said earlier, karma system is broken but it's luckily barely abused by the active players from my experience. The old system was abused as well but different and could be instantly reverted with an elions tear. One wrong word and you could get clapped. I mean with the old system people like columba would be still lvl 49 :-)

20. Ben Phoenix

To be clear: I never said the second point is fine, in fact, I would never do that but from a bigger prospective it's still PvP, in a wrong way though. If you find higher lvl and geared players who kill repeatedly lower lvl and geared players still an aspect of PvP then the second point could be considered in the same way cause both are based on an abuse anyway.

Maginha likes this.