1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Musa after recent changes. (Much applies to Maehwa)

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Solrik, May 17, 2018.

1. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

After grinding my Lahn to 55 my main concern wrt her gliding is the engages. She has two moves that let her fly in from an arbitrary height and stomp straight down with CC, then if necessary float away invincibly. If she has any kind of support in an actual fight that's going to be a mess to try and deal with.

2. Exactly. You will see a white dot on the minimap, look towards it, not see anything. By the time you figure out it's a lahn, she is landing and CCing you

3. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Considering the **** I was doing at Rogues in some terrains you'd have to be looking 100m straight up.

4. I tried it from delphe knights castle. Using F (dive) just before the Stride ends, you will get down to the ground pretty much instantly. BUT, there is actually a maximum height you can descend like that, beacuse 3/4 of the way down my char just popped into the "flailing arms" free fall animation. Ofc no fall damage because of the Nimbus Stride buff.

5. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Good to know both parts.

6. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Ouch!

7. Qyune

I am afraid the dev don't care anyway.

Blackhearted likes this.
  8. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Hmm im not sure what to think of these changes, first cuz i know i need to learn how other classes work now + how to engage myself, but also cuz PA probl will keep tweaking stuff months to come and we never know what we will end up with. But I can tell the flow I used to have with btb engage and to be able to use crusher+foul in a 1v1 made the class iconic for me (but maybe its dmg was too op?). In any case, not too happy, but I can still see it being a good allrounder still for 1v1, just a bit bummed. Might have to sniff a bit at my ninja again

9. Ionblayde

Is there a more up-to-date guide for musa now that a new patch has been released? I haven't played in a long time and have decided I still like my musa the best.

10. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Nah give it some time. Things are changing every week. No one can really come up with playstyles yet. Join the musa discord and join in on discussions and try to make your own preferred playstyle. Me and @lavexis were talking about to completely different build paths that could both work for example.
    Long story short, everyone is trhing to figure stuff out. I would give it atleast another month before things fall in place and u have guides.

11. Shenzaar

Here is the reason for this nerf,rigjt here. The developers obviously didnt intend us to be travelling huge tracks of map with this skill...its meant for short range...in combat type monvement. So ya they screwed up with the skill like it was,so they are fixing it. Move on.

12. Kayray

Ugh screen shake... and theres nothing wrong with that. This is currently what ninjas do with head chase. But i understand, no crazy chasing around. The least they could do was marginalize the mana cost. Chase isnt just movemdnt, for the longest time chase was the class defining skill and its quite possible the only reason the classes worked. You use it for too many different things and the current cost, makes you basically a cripple. Valks complained to hell and back about their mobility, and its not even what makes the class.
    A typical close quarter fight has me using chase 15 times (this is me just fighting not disengaging or anything). Throw in dbites, shouts, ca and twister in cc attempts and a pretty large stam pool is just gone. If they wanted to make this chase nerf 2 things needed to happen. One minor adjustments to chase itself and 2 removal of stamina cost on a majority of skills other than chase. Oh and please can we get a proper block instead of this ca bs.

13. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

i just did some duels more propper n i notice im able to land foul play just in time if i use crusher right after a successful fiery angel float, the ninja i was figthing wasnt able to get up in time before foul play hit him. idk if this is common knowledge, just figured id type it since i heard u couldnt use foul play as frequent in 1v1

14. Kayray

This is known. Problem is when the foulplay lands they are getting up and because they are in the process of getting up you dont get down attack damage on foulplay whi h was a large part of the dmg.

MoZex likes this.
  15. Hissis

No it's not, at the beggining the skill had ONLY mana cost, no stamina cost and used to travel more distance per use.

They balanced it and now they nerfed it, the class is/was designed to FLANK, we don't have any other tools to avoid damage, our block is weak and eats stamina, we don't have i-frames and our ONLY movement skill aside from chase also eats stamina and gives no protection ( which means, it's a cc skill).

70/75 stamina cost per chase is actually a balance, 100 is too much, a decent musa always need to keep using Blind Thrust ( which also has a stamina cost) and we need to block, it's a mechanic of every class but now we have the only block that eats stamina and gives NOTHING in return.

We are still good, that's a fact but the class can't go and flank like it used to and if we need to block for some reason, we are easy to catch.

16. Did you bother to read the original post? The first 9 lines basically sum up why nerfing Chase so much was more than just reducing our long distance travel

We are still good, but question is at what.
    Before, we were good at flanking, getting in damage and also evading damage mid-combat.
    Now we are good at sticking near people that can keep us safe, then dashing in, outputting damage and then dashing back to safety.
    That's for group fights.

1v1?
    We literally have to stand still and use two of the game's worst block skills to regain stamina.
    Unawakening block: Roots you in place, can't redirect.
    Awakening block: Auto-activates a skill on nearly every hit and drains stamina quicker than anything else.
    Musa frontal guard is in general weaker and both frontal guard & stamina don't regenerate so fast that we can keep fighting.

Our fighting time after each engage is limited and the changes force us to flee after a short time.

Ghoast_ and Hissis like this.
  17. You can follow up with skills that are allows you to activate Crust Crusher near-instantly after you apply the CC.
    Musa's Spirit it pretty much the easiest to do

18. Hissis

That's basically what we are now, it's boring.

19. So now that Lahn is out, what does Musa/Maehwa excel at that other classes don't?

20. Bobo

Bobo Polterchair Musa 1 NA

TIGER BLADE! ezay.png

Hissis and KhalidIbnWaalid like this.