1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Musa after recent changes. (Much applies to Maehwa)

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Solrik, May 17, 2018.

1. Jump Attack: You can even redirect your descent while landing... We (and other old classes) lack that.

Pull-To-Target: Grapple arrow was supposed to do this, but it failed. Lahn has a spammable RMB pull, which is short range, but it still is better than grapple arrow.

Healing: Many awakening skills have Health on hit effects and they are pretty significant. Understandable for a class that is mostly vulnerable while attack or being in a big fight. Oh wait, isn't Musa/Maehwa like that too?

Grab: A grab. Also, Lahn can play without a grab just fine... but the class has a grab. We don't we have a grab then?

Burst mobility: Lahn can burst in (i.e. quickly cover distance) and burst out. Can also weave around in fights. Mobility skills that cover different lengths of distance.

Long Distance mobility: The class barely uses stamina to get around and you can rotate the strides, deadly dance and spring breeze skills.

Ambush capabilities? Nimbus Stride can put you above anyone, and you skip most of the damage if you stride over a group of enemies. The burst mobility makes it easy to go in, grab, dmg, out.

This is just first impression, my Lahn is crap when it comes to gear, so I'm basing all this on PvE I've done with it and PvP/E experience from Musa. Keep that in mind.

2. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

the fact that valks supposedly got their stam cost halved on their dash in kr it gives hope that mayb our dash too get some luv

3. Wait wat... really??

I really hope they will do something... Atm the class is just a lot more boring than what it used to be

#44 Solrik, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
  4. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

5. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

You're not wrong, actually. Tiger Blade is still a good option for chopping down node forts when it's still a little too spicy for Trina axes. The HP sustain is really good.

6. Bobo

Bobo Polterchair Musa 1 NA

279 ap with nouver helps me ezay.png

BlackRuins likes this.
  7. After some experience with all the changes... I say something I never thought I would say;

The class is absolute trash unless you simply outdamage everyone around you.

Idriis likes this.
  8. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

calling it absolute trash is stretching it far isnt it? What issues make you believe the class is underperforming?

The only real counter atm i feel is vs ninja (maybe kuno, havent tested), vs an aggressive one theres just not enough stamina for a prolonged fight, and it's really hard landing a cc on one that knows how to chain his skills. Maybe it would be easier if I had a little more DP. Running with 258/302 atm

I also believe we should get a new look on our WP pot usage, esp now with nerfed dash. It's dreadful that we have to use so many yellow pots nonstop. It would be an issue if it wasnt for the fact I have many maids to access them in storage in every region, which is wrong.

9. I'm running with 28 less ap, 3 more dp.
    As I said, you will have issues unless you have so much ap that you outdamage people.
    Rangers seem to have no problems spamming arrows while moving around.

Duels are alright, small scale is alright, large scale not.
    So many classes seem to have a really easy time at chasing either Musa or Maehwa for a short time. It seems like unless you retreat with full hp and stamina, getting out would be a huge challenge.
    Classes like Sorcs, Rangers, Zerkers, Strikers don't have much problems chasing.

I don't know if I became a total noob after the changes because I'm missing something, or if I have to just swallow it and accept that we are much less "capable" of doing things... Before the changes, I could go into a group and fight them while kiting them. Never had problems to see opportunities to use my FG skill to deal damage and save some health or give breathing room for "free potting". I could alternate SA & FG to stay in a fight for a long time, even against 3 people at once. I even considered making a hybrid DP build to make my FG stronger, but that's scrapped now that the only blocks we have are either high cooldown, stamina drain, stationary or impractically short.

Am I missing something or what?

Pots are not a problem, I can carry 400 refined grain juices and 400 L wp pots. Or 300 health pots and 200 L wp pots.
    Skill points are not a problem, I've been playing since release, got exactly 1759.
    Gear? Please, I played against people on the same gear, above or below. More AP would not solve the problem, it's a workaround for things musa lacks. I basically lack 21 ap due to accuracy accessories and a duo crescent.

edit: Not saying the pot usage is not wrong, but I got used to it. Using up to 500-600 pots while grinding is a bit off, but I got used to it...

10. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Largescale i too find different than before, the big dmg is just not there if one use awak abilities into groups or a few players that r not cced. Ur dmg can drain em down if they r not focusing u, or u can straight up kill em if u look for openings where they r focusing ur teammates so that ur heavy hitters land on ccd targets, more emphasis on teamplay.
    But in smallscale in the largescale, which happens in an instant, i find myself often reliant on more pre awak/awak synergy/rapid swaps for survival n to land cc quick, like pre awak dash into pre awak block, quick dragon bites, blooming, our musa shout stun, fiery angel kd, twister stiff, but in general the window for those r smaller. Gone r the days where musa could just dash in and out with easy cc n dmg in one, we r more finesse now than a brawler, but once u learn to outmaneuver n cc the dmg is almost the same, and i say this as a former ninja as there is similarities.

But y u would need the ap. At 258 its pretty common to get softcaps at 75-50% hp with just a blooming, or two three awak skills on a ccd target with like btb dash slash fiery crevice is enough to end them 100-0%. From 258 each passive ap threshold gives around 20 ap which is huge, however i would like to try out some more dp to b more robust (but to aquire that from 302 will b quite expensive and another lenghty journy in itself)

11. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

More so than anything, stamina costs are too large a nerf for the class. Valks threw a hissy fit abput their mobility, but they atleast have the option to stand and hold sa. They have their suck, they have grabs albeit bad. But reallg for a class like musa, where ccs are not 100%, sa is tied to chase, no damage reduction on sa. The stamina nerfs are a bit too heavy handed. Can we actually fix stamina cost on counter assasination already.
    The other thing im sorta peeved about, is that they took away every iframe in our kit. Why we had to lose all our iframes while sorcs ninjas and kunos run rampant with theirs is beyond me. Grabs are actually so annoying to counter now.

12. I want to see a node war vid from a musa that can play properly. 99% of them have been Dash in from the end of the world, use 2-3 skills, dash to the end of the world

I'm really curious how people play and if I'm missing something very simple.

13. The stamina nerf on Valks was a bit too harsh, I don't think we should deny that. However, the class is not based on mobility to engage, disengage, deal damage, evade damage, recover from damage, etc. They have heals, own PA and can buff themselved with DP. Not saying that shouldn't have mobility, but they have more than only mobility.

Any movement for Musa/Maehwa = Chase because simple: we don't have anything else that moves the character.

Buff our frontal guard significantly and give back FG on awakening skills, I would be fine with that. We either need more staying power or more mobility to make up for the lack of staying power & ability to recover.

14. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

@Deliloth is a very solid musa with his hybrid build with continous good scores, too bad hes not recording even though I keep bugging him to :P

15. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Honestly I feel like it would be OK if we could just get KD back on Crust Crusher.

16. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Not gonna happen. Thonk of something else.

17. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

I'm not saying it's going to happen, that's just the loss that feels worst. Class is going to feel limp without it.

18. So tell me this... With 220 ap, I tried out doing an buff fest in rbf.

E-Buff: 20AP
    Z-Buff: 30AP
    Perfume: 20AP
    Not counting Alch stone & Cron meal
    Buffed with 30% crit chance.

At that point, I should have 220 + 80 AP from buffs, totaling to 300AP.

At that point I should pretty much start deleting people or deal significant damage with BtB or Blooming, right?
    Thing is, I didn't. It was just a minor damage increase in comparison with how significant that 80AP buff should be.
    I don't want to jump the gun but any chance the AP scaling is broken or something is wrong with it?

19. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Renown has ruined any old sense we had of AP scaling relative to beforehand. You may have an 80 AP buff, but everybody else also has huge +DR and +%DR buffs, and a scalar increase in damage just isn't going to feel the same when subject to linear scaling in damage resistance.
    We're still fighting tooth and nail for each point of sheet AP, but at this point it's virtually meaningless if we don't also get a bump in Renown AP to multiply its effects. Everything's totally out of whack.

Also ANYTHING is going to feel weaker than we're used to now that we've lost most of our knockdowns and therefore the accompanying down attack/down smash multipliers..